News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What he do this time?
Nothing I can really "prove" on here... Just some things I've heard through the grapevine as to how he handled himself knowing the negative (& potentially dangerous) impact his "reporting" could (& did) have on certain people.

But in any event. He just is... Absolute scum IMO. I have nothing nice to say about the way he goes about his business.

Please explain...you can call someone a racist and/or a dog with no repercussions on here and you’re complaining about Barrett?
If you or anyone else has a problem with anything on here then utilise the report function available to you. Or PM a mod or Admin.

If you have a specific post, conflict or decision you wish to discuss then go for it. But try to keep it off the boards... Noone wants to read post after post of posters bagging each other or how/what/where/why to post. Or how crap a job you think all the volunteers on this site are doing.

Now... back on topic.

Media.

Please explain...you can call someone a racist and/or a dog with no repercussions on here and you’re complaining about Barrett?
Yeah... I’m not a big fan of having my Nona, a war veteran and decorated volunteer, labelled as “filth”, whether jokingly or not, merely because she was a passionate Pie supporter. No doubt some pretty nice people get labelled as “scum” too
To each their own I guess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it is, later in the year.
Going to be very interesting. Large portions of the media suggesting that it's hard to watch and they feel embarrassed at what happened and how they addressed it at the time. Sadly, I think it's going to show that there is a decent portion of society that just doesn't get it, or just aren't interested in understanding.

Going to be very interesting. Large portions of the media suggesting that it's hard to watch and they feel embarrassed at what happened and how they addressed it at the time. Sadly, I think it's going to show that there is a decent portion of society that just doesn't get it, or just aren't interested in understanding.
They’re called racists and bigots.

Sadly, I see no prospect for improvement in my lifetime. In the meantime I try to resist the urge to jump down the throats of people who spout ignorant racist nonsense. Every now and then I try and engage in reasoned argument, but it is to little avail.

If you or anyone else has a problem with anything on here then utilise the report function available to you. Or PM a mod or Admin.

If you have a specific post, conflict or decision you wish to discuss then go for it. But try to keep it off the boards... Noone wants to read post after post of posters bagging each other or how/what/where/why to post. Or how crap a job you think all the volunteers on this site are doing.

Now... back on topic.

Media.

If you take it up with a certain mod does it count as this.....

Jokes. Chillax.

Sadly, I see no prospect for improvement in my lifetime. In the meantime I try to resist the urge to jump down the throats of people who spout ignorant racist nonsense. Every now and then I try and engage in reasoned argument, but it is to little avail.

Yeah just put those types on ignore shame we have it here

Yeah just put those types on ignore shame we have it here

I like to think our Club and in fact this Board takes a steadfast line against racism.

They’re called racists and bigots.
Sadly Mick little has changed. I dont get it, simply dont understand the hatred and ive lived all over, seen a lot. Thanks to all who dont put up with it and have the guts to call it out

I'm just a pessimist, but I don't think it's possible for humans to be fully conditioned to not have a single bias against something or someone. As long as there are differences between people, minor or major, people will form cognitive and non-cognitive biases and prejudices against those differences.

Humans are tribal and I don't think that could ever change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back