News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really my thing but here’s some teams stats for distance covered, fastest etc
Thought it was interesting that we've covered more ground than any other team this year.

Total distance covered for season 2019: 4078.3km (1st)

also interesting that Buddy has clocked the top speed of our team

1. Lance Franklin: 35.23km/h v Richmond, round five

Unfortunately it confirms part of my theory about Longmires (my term) 'Useless running' or his term of defensive running.

I doesn't matter how fast you are if your coach asks you to run all day and much farther then your opposition.

Instead of setting up for a turnover or a score from the opposition of all our mids and most of our forwards ran back to assist our defenders even when NOT required.

Then we have little or no forwards to kick to. I think his is trying to change but it is his default and likely never let it go.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Just heard Crouchy on SEN. Always talks great sense. Explained our problems with clearances as due a lot to having to play the League's best second ruck in the main role. Very optimistic about the kids

Asked about the score review system, he said the camera tachnology is there to slow the action down. "If Attenborough docs can slow the flap of a hummingbird wing we can fix this.

Just heard Crouchy on SEN. Always talks great sense. Explained our problems with clearances as due a lot to having to play the League's best second ruck in the main role. Very optimistic about the kids

Asked about the score review system, he said the camera tachnology is there to slow the action down. "If Attenborough docs can slow the flap of a hummingbird wing we can fix this.
I always wondered why the AFL camera replay technology is so bad and yet no one ever mentions it. I watch a lot of V8 supercars and their cameras can slow down and replay cars going 100-200 k's and show in perfect HD the flames coming from the exhaust or the tyres deflecting off a curb, yet the AFL has a really shitty, clunky replay system. Surely if supercars can do it, then the AFL with all their money can invest in better replay technology.

It didn't sound like he slipped up jokingly. It sounded like a genuine slip up. Seriously though he has done NOTHING to show commitment to Sydney. If he wanted to stay he'd show more commitment to the club.
What? 18 years under contract to Sydney is not showing commitment?

How quickly we forget...

John will be extended.

Well I'd love the club to give him another year even as a rookie just to reward the loyalty & also because you never know.

Love the rookie idea Ted. Smithy is out at the twos more than any other player. I’m sure he’d love to get back up but he actually look like he was keen to run around with the kids last week. Really warm humble passionate sort of bloke... I’ll be really disappointed if he isn’t kept around the club.

Love the rookie idea Ted. Smithy is out at the twos more than any other player. I’m sure he’d love to get back up but he actually look like he was keen to run around with the kids last week. Really warm humble passionate sort of bloke... I’ll be really disappointed if he isn’t kept around the club.

I don't care what role we have to offer him to keep him at the club, but give it to him. Absolute champ of our club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was fortunate enough to meet Nick at a corporate event a few years ago. Struck me as a genuinely good bloke you’d like to have a beer with.

I was fortunate enough to meet Nick at a corporate event a few years ago. Struck me as a genuinely good bloke you’d like to have a beer with.

Overcame a terrible schooling to be a great bloke.

(See Kennett for a real victim of that school).

To long out of the game at his age imo

The hammy seems shot too

Poor Bugger has been running on empty for a couple of years I Think. Only his determination & Courage and love of his club has allowed him to play at the standard he has. Been one of the underrated greats of the Sydney Chapter of this Club Imo. Ability alone does not always have to be the common ingredient to sit on that mantle.

Wayne Carey and Lee Mathews were discussing first year players in the pre game build up to the Collingwood v Hawthorn game and Carey cast an opinion about Nick Blakey. "He may not win the rising star because others have been more consistent but I would't swap Blakey for any of them- there are flashes of brilliance that show how special he will be."

Yep couldn't agree more.....some of those kicks are sublime.

I always wondered why the AFL camera replay technology is so bad and yet no one ever mentions it. I watch a lot of V8 supercars and their cameras can slow down and replay cars going 100-200 k's and show in perfect HD the flames coming from the exhaust or the tyres deflecting off a curb, yet the AFL has a really s**tty, clunky replay system. Surely if supercars can do it, then the AFL with all their money can invest in better replay technology.
Fox and seven are cheapskates

Kind of.

the AFL wants to the grounds/stadiums to pay for those cameras. and they ain't cheap.

High speed cameras (good ones) like the ones that do hummingbird wing beat.

Start at ~$130,000 USD

Obviously this is just 1 brand and 1 middle of the road high speed camera.

I completely understand why the SCG trust (and other grounds) all balk at paying that for the AFL.

Still they should put some go Pro's on the posts ffs. or do what they do for the wicket cam. but high res.

Kind of.

the AFL wants to the grounds/stadiums to pay for those cameras. and they ain't cheap.

High speed cameras (good ones) like the ones that do hummingbird wing beat.

Start at ~$130,000 USD

Obviously this is just 1 brand and 1 middle of the road high speed camera.
I remember someone on Reddit posted a breakdown of rough costs for one of those cameras, including operation, data storage and everything and it was pretty astronomical.

I remember someone on Reddit posted a breakdown of rough costs for one of those cameras, including operation, data storage and everything and it was pretty astronomical.

Yeah,

the data storage is ******* insane.

Amazon were trialling 8k video streaming in Japan for the 2014 world Cup,
Roughly 2TB of data per minute.

But that's off topic, just wanted to point out that the costs involved aren't trivial, and neither is the implementation.

"The Sydney Cricket Ground Trust, at the behest of the AFL, has formed a committee to consider drop-in pitches at the venue which has hosted Test cricket since 1882."

Drop in pitch at the SCG edges closer

Edit: Link the full Australian article:

Just for interests sake, the SCG had attendance of about 240k last summer across Tests, ODIs and BBL.

Swans got about 400k in 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back