News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just had a look for no reason and those 5 never played in the same team all at once.

Smith came in just as Barry was heading out and Tadhg took a year off in the crossover.

YES PLEASE!!!

"The wife of Sydney Swans footballer Buddy Franklin also reveals they would “really love to start a family” in the next two years and she has a yearning to move away from the spotlight and be more behind the scenes."

YES PLEASE!!!

"The wife of Sydney Swans footballer Buddy Franklin also reveals they would “really love to start a family” in the next two years and she has a yearning to move away from the spotlight and be more behind the scenes."

We need another 33 games out of him or else they'll change the rules to 150 games in 17 years time.

I'd recommend listening to the Stevie J interview with Billy Brownless from Triple M's pre-game on Saturday, some funny stuff in there, especially the bit with Will Hayward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some (certainly the Melbourne ones) of the next Gen Academies are a complete rort. Norf put zero into the development of Thomas. Our Academy and those of the Giants, Go Co and the Brions have put in heaps of dosh and time and effort to the benefit of thousands of youngsters and the game itself.

Lol you’re comparing the Swans audience favorably to international test cricket audiences???

Huh? I'm saying the Swans are the primary puller of crowds at the SCG for everything other than Ashes summers (and even then it'll be a challenge considering BBL crowds have settled right down). Yet we're still treated as the red headed step child by the SCG Trust.

Some (certainly the Melbourne ones) of the next Gen Academies are a complete rort. Norf put zero into the development of Thomas.
I wouldn't say zero, but the requirements are certainly different. GWS has been stopped from taking a few who were in their academy longer than Thomas was in Norths, or Quaynor in Collingwoods.

Another nail in the academy, this time drafting strategy. Basically no more parkings picks at other clubs like the Swans did last year.

Way to go AFL House, constantly stamping on anything that has the words innovative and Swans in the same sentence.

Another nail in the academy, this time drafting strategy. Basically no more parkings picks at other clubs like the Swans did last year.

Way to go AFL House, constantly stamping on anything that has the words innovative and Swans in the same sentence.
Don't worry about it. Sydney will find other ways around it as they always do and the AFL will be completely reactive as they always are. Sydney will always be one step ahead no matter why the AFL throws at them.

Not sure you can blame them for that one. It was a genuine loophole that we skipped right through.

Not sure you can blame them for that one. It was a genuine loophole that we skipped right through.
Not sure why. It's legal and it's a tactic that can be used by any club: father-sons, all academies, clubs that miss a player and downgrade for a better deal etc. It brings drama and fluctuating draft position to the night, something the AFL seem keen to do in turning it into an 'event', but seemingly only if they control it. The only surprise is they didn't give us a trade ban. Yet!

Not sure why. It's legal and it's a tactic that can be used by any club: father-sons, all academies, clubs that miss a player and downgrade for a better deal etc. It brings drama and fluctuating draft position to the night, something the AFL seem keen to do in turning it into an 'event', but seemingly only if they control it. The only surprise is they didn't give us a trade ban. Yet!

I mean personally I think it's a good thing they're shutting it down before it catches on. We one-upped the AFL and left them red-faced for our own benefit, but I don't want our competitors doing it. That's no fun!

Well the idea is you pay market price for academy and father son picks, not that you can get Blakey and Rowbottom for the cost of later less valuable picks. That said, I reckon McInerney and Foote will both be genuine players for us so it’s a pretty stupid argument. It should just go back to “next pick”.

Well the idea is you pay market price for academy and father son picks, not that you can get Blakey and Rowbottom for the cost of later less valuable picks. That said, I reckon McInerney and Foote will both be genuine players for us so it’s a pretty stupid argument. It should just go back to “next pick”.
Foote got the arse thank god

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back