Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Great article by Caro: Adam Goodes

I’ll also put in Final Quarter thread

An excellent article. And echoing comments by the Giants president that AFL Club staff operate under different rules then players when it come to repercussions ..Eddie and Jeff come to mind.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Hey Fox Sports, loved how you totally missed any mention of the AFL comments made on your channel by the so called experts which only exacerbated the issue. Dermie, Eddie, etc. they represent your channel do they not?

And you took zero action! Nothing. Eddie and Dermie still working for you.
So write these articles all you want. We know you have the spine of a jellyfish and stand for Nothing.

Eddie ‘Mr untouchable’ McGuire.
Superpowers: ability to hold down media roles after making racial comments & jokes about drowning women.

Last edited:

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Hey Fox Sports, loved how you totally missed any mention of the AFL comments made on your channel by the so called experts which only exacerbated the issue. Dermie, Eddie, etc. they represent your channel do they not?

So write these articles all you want. We know you have the spine of a jellyfish and stand for Nothing.

Well done Tick, great pick up!

Re McGuire, he has put a lot of effort into media management for this week. Hopefully he is run out of footy or does the right thing and resigns all his current Footy roles.

Absolutely spot on. Newman, Brereton and McGuire never experience repercussions. Murdoch of course owns Fox and the populist nationalists he supports.

Here are some simple measures our Club could take.
1 Refusing any iplayer interview with Fox where McGuire or Brereton have any direct or indirect involvement.
2. Publicly expunging Breretons name from our history. He only turned up for the pay cheque and was bitter he lost money over the Tallis suspension.
3 Pressure be applied by former Swans in the speakers cashy circuit. They should not speak at the same sporty.
4. While they are still Presidents, our Club should decline invites to Hawk or Pie functions, nor issue them
ii

What can we do?

1 Us punters can influence outcomes. I'm an avid SEN listener but will not listen to programs or broadcasts featuring Brereton. Switched off Crunch time before. I will write to the station and request Brereton's services be dispensed with.
2. Do not listen to McGuires radio station and make public your decision.
3. I have cancelled one Fox service and am contemplating having the Footy option removed from the subscription I pay for my mum
4. If Newman, Brereton or McGuire rock up to a cafe or restaurant where you happen to be-
i stop eating and drinking and pay your Bill politely explain why you are leaving. Feel free to boo whichever of the three is there.
ii if you see them in the Street boo them or make clear their behaviour is unacceptable.

desafinado74

Senior List
Jun 4, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Newcastle United (Toon Army)
LOL, Bereton just now on SEN continue to make stupid remarks re Goodes.
Continue to victim blame, saying people booed him coz he staged for free kicks, and slided leg first into some Hawk players
such as Gibson etc

And then Bereton tried to cover himself by saying that the Irish has lots of sympathies towards the Aborigines !
What a loser ! And this coming from the guy who was rumoured to be an IRA sympathiser.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Well done Tick, great pick up!
I haven’t seen one article from a Fox or comments on any of their Footy shows on what action they’ll be taking themselves to hold their commentary teams accountable.

Hall was sacked, and I doubt we’ll see Lake again. But Eddie? Nup.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Continue to victim blame, saying people booed him coz he staged for free kicks, and slided leg first into some Hawk players
such as Gibson etc

And then Bereton tried to cover himself by saying that the Irish has lots of sympathies towards the Aborigines !
What a loser ! And this coming from the guy who was rumoured to be an IRA sympathiser.
If I was SEN I’d be scaling back and eventually removing this dinosaur from my lineup. What a gem of a human being he is.

I haven’t seen one article from a Fox or comments on any of their Footy shows on what action they’ll be taking themselves to hold their commentary teams accountable.

Hall was sacked, and I doubt we’ll see Lake again. But Eddie? Nup.

Boycott his programs. Write letters explaining why. Even if it is tiny, such a boycott makes clear he does not fit the jolly nice bloke narrative he built for himself.

lazy77

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
4. If Newman, Brereton or McGuire rock up to a cafe or restaurant where you happen to be-
i stop eating and drinking and pay your Bill politely explain why you are leaving. Feel free to boo whichever of the three is there.
ii if you see them in the Street boo them or make clear their behaviour is unacceptable.
OK you were going well until this. "Explain politely" to whom? You'd just look like a ranting fool. Besides, I'm not going to let Eddie McGuire influence where I eat and drink.

OK you were going well until this. "Explain politely" to whom? You'd just look like a ranting fool. Besides, I'm not going to let Eddie McGuire influence where I eat and drink.

To the management. Leave a tip take the opportunity to let Newman or whichever know they are unacceptable. The food would taste of ash and the plonk of brine in their presence.

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
such as Gibson etc

Look up the definition of Narcissist and Brereton's head is front and centre.

Look up the definition of Narcissist and Brereton's head is front and centre.

Hehehehe. I do not approve of violence except in self protection, but surely Brereton possesses one of the more punchable faces going around. By the way a match held in the next room would enough to melt the wax holding Newman's face together, while a pinprick would release hot poisonous air from McGuire.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
such as Gibson etc

So are some other people , what has that got to do with Goodes !

Caught part of This Sporting Life's interview with Fitzroy Champ, John Murphy. On Sunday morning on SEN.

Murphy was a great centreman who played a season or two with South towards the end of his career. From memory in the first of these he polled well in the Brownlow.

He is of course Mark Murphy's dad. In passing he discussed why Mark ended up at Carlton, a team John had always hated.

Said Brisbane had father son dibs on Mark but his boy had no feeling for the Lions. John hinted this was due in part to Brisbane having made Little effort to keep connections with old lions players or fans.

He contrasted this with the approach taken by Sydney to be inclusive of former South players and fans.

Only heard part of the interview, but Murph still seemed a great bloke.

Interesting that it’s coming from the players association.
The players association wants to increase the amount of money paid to its members. Extremely unsurprising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back