News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2003 is one of the most enjoyable years I've had in many years.

id agree with that averaged almost 100 points a game that year

round 5 v melbourne what a comeback

For this
Don’t know how to use that outline or whatever it’s called

But according to an article in the Australian, Heeney has been carrying an ankle injury all year.

We just don’t learn.
For those who can
Heeney has opened up about playing injured this year with a torn ankle and how being known as a tough footballer means more to him than the stunning skill that has him in the mix to win the mark of the year for the second year running.
In ordinary circumstances, the 23-year-old would have been ruled out for slabs of this year with the ankle injury that has restricted him to leaping off just one leg.
But as the Swans have battled through an injury crisis, Heeney has suited up for every match so far and will once again lead the new generation of bloods against GWS today at Giants Stadium.

“I had a little tear in my ankle and it stops your agility and you try not to jump off that foot. It stops you from getting to your peak performance and whether that does affect you mentally — a lot of things come into play and you just try and put it behind you and control what you can control.”
Heeney is confident he won’t require surgery on his ankle or on any of his other bumps and bruises in the off-season.

no crutches/plaster/sling/hospital bed

No curtains being brought out onto the ground, vet called and big bang.

Sure RobbieK he may not have a badly broken ankle, but he is possibly being jabbed up pre game and possibly half time. Twice have heard Heeney being described as limping in the pre game on ground warm up (ie the jabs had not fully kicked in).

I have no faith in our medico regime. Our recent record in cooking players may be the worst in the league. Few of our players return from serious injury. Many are forced to defer surgery and never get back to where they were.

Franklin, Jack, Tippett, Hanners, and prolly JPK are some of the higher profile players who have been parboiled or cooked to ash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No curtains being brought out onto the ground, vet called and big bang.

Sure RobbieK he may not have a badly broken ankle, but he is possibly being jabbed up pre game and possibly half time. Twice have heard Heeney being described as limping in the pre game on ground warm up (ie the jabs had not fully kicked in).

I have no faith in our medico regime. Our recent record in cooking players may be the worst in the league. Few of our players return from serious injury. Many are forced to defer surgery and never get back to where they were.

Franklin, Jack, Tippett, Hanners, and prolly JPK are some of the higher profile players who have been parboiled or cooked to ash.

This isn't surprising. You have no faith in the coaches, you have no faith in the club management, you have no faith in the doctors... is there any aspect of the club you have faith in?

The reality is that you do not have access to the kind of information you would need to make this judgment.

Heeney really didn't play like someone who has a major injury concern today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back