News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Ticky.
Did I hear correctly?
Williams said that he sees himself more as a Collingwood man now?
Good thing he just clung on for a p'ship with us.

Isn't he a Swans Life member as a p'ship player after leaving the Pies under hostile circumstances.
Go figure. I don't understand people sometimes.

Of course it is, it’s written in the article. Essendon know about it, Harley was there, who cares. It’s still muckraking...a nothing piece!
Maybe. I thought it was at the least interesting. If true then I'd be super keen for us to pursue him. I rate him quite highly.

Today's press conference.
Longmire: We did a lot right during the course of the game and gave ourselves an opportunity. It was disappointing to lose but out of that we look at the positives- like some of the younger players who were able to stand up.
Longmire: We will be without Naismith again this week, he was a bit sore last week. We want him back as soon as possible. We will work through it week to week. Hayden has showed some good stuff.
Longmire: For the sake of team, he’s important and for his own self, to get back and play and compete at senior level.
Longmire: We expect Ramps to be available this week.
Longmire: We aren’t sure on Franklin and McVeigh. Lance will train again this week, we will make the decision at the end of next week. There’s still a few things Lance will need to get through.
Longmire on Daniher: It was just a catch up with Tom Harley, who was a mentor of his in the AIS. Joe was up here as I understand it, seeing a surgeon, so they just caught up for a coffee.
Longmire: I don’t think there’s anything to be drawn into that other than the fact they had a coffee. I think you are allowed to catch up with people from other Clubs in this industry.
Longmire: We have been really competitive with a young group, we are confident in this young group, really confident. We did a lot right, we need to make sure we continue to show those attributes.

Longmire on Daniher: It was just a catch up with Tom Harley, who was a mentor of his in the AIS. Joe was up here as I understand it, seeing a surgeon, so they just caught up for a coffee.
Longmire: I don’t think there’s anything to be drawn into that other than the fact they had a coffee. I think you are allowed to catch up with people from other Clubs in this industry.

DANIHER IS A SWAN CONFIRMED

Maybe. I thought it was at the least interesting. If true then I'd be super keen for us to pursue him. I rate him quite highly.
I’d love him too but how do we pay for him? We just cleared Tippett and Hannebery and sure we have McVeigh, Grundy and maybe Jack & Smith but Franklin increases (allegedly). We just slid way down the ladder due to ‘inexperience’, with that contract we’d be introducing more inexperience wouldn’t we?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a personal opinion here but surely the forward line is the least urgent of our current requirements and to tie up what he would be asking in that end of the ground would be crazy I'd have thought.

This !!

And you are a rationalist Jewels so if you think it would be crazy then it is Kathy Bates in Misery crazy!

Harley just on SEN. Very clear and persuasive denial of the Daniher trade rumour.
Good. I lIke when we come out and categorically deny it. They’ll still print a dozen articles but at least we’ve made it clear.

Only reading on twitter didnt hear it, but apparently the northern states will bring cola back up

and Ed went on a rant that we abused it, and even said to Darcy the dogs wouldnt of won the flag if we still had COLA and they agreed its effectively a 4-5 player headstart

anyone hear it?

Only reading on twitter didnt hear it, but apparently the northern states will bring cola back up

and Ed went on a rant that we abused it, and even said to Darcy the dogs wouldnt of won the flag if we still had COLA and they agreed its effectively a 4-5 player headstart

anyone hear it?

It would have definitely helped us win it because the pricks went in with a 3 player head start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back