News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only reading on twitter didnt hear it, but apparently the northern states will bring cola back up

and Ed went on a rant that we abused it, and even said to Darcy the dogs wouldnt of won the flag if we still had COLA and they agreed its effectively a 4-5 player headstart

anyone hear it?
There was an article a week or two ago re this. It’s led by Matthews from GWS if I recall correctly.

Oh and Ed is a s**t campaigner!

Only reading on twitter didnt hear it, but apparently the northern states will bring cola back up

and Ed went on a rant that we abused it, and even said to Darcy the dogs wouldnt of won the flag if we still had COLA and they agreed its effectively a 4-5 player headstart

anyone hear it?
And he hasn’t abused his media connections to get paid gigs for Magpie players?

I don’t want COLA in any form back, for the simple fact that VIC media are so biased they are utterly biased, compromised by Eddie’s media power and are incapable of reporting it like professionals.

I don’t want COLA in any form back, for the simple fact that VIC media are so biased they are utterly biased, compromised by Eddie’s media power and are incapable of reporting it like professionals.

He has to have a career fine whatever, But then dont be a club president, because IMO as a club president he shouldnt be abusing his media role to criticise and comment on other clubs

I’m with you Tick, I don’t want COLA back either, I’d just like the salary caps for the rest to be reduced by 10%

I’m with you Tick, I don’t want COLA back either, I’d just like the salary caps for the rest to be reduced by 10%

I think there is scope for a retention allowance, maybe for all clubs including vic to offer an incentive to retain players recruited from interstate only

So eg we could offer papley extra outside the cap as we recruited him and he is from another state, as a bit more incentive to stay

Though then its open to abuse of course, but something in that regard so its not seen as a poaching allowance.

Deal from Carlton is over the top apparently money wise
Fair enough, at least he should be honest about it and not go on about the missing home malarkey. I’d respect that more.

What will Carlton offer us?

I think there is scope for a retention allowance, maybe for all clubs including vic to offer an incentive to retain players recruited from interstate only

So eg we could offer papley extra outside the cap as we recruited him and he is from another state, as a bit more incentive to stay

Though then its open to abuse of course, but something in that regard so its not seen as a poaching allowance.
I like it. The AFL go over contracts and the salary cap with a fine tooth comb, maybe they could look harder at them with a lice comb?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like this idea. It addresses the issue itself.

Isn't he mates with Newman? Paps has a year to run on his contract so I'm more than happy for him to go for the right price of overs.

Walsh will be great at Sydney

I really like this idea. It addresses the issue itself.

Even if to use the papley hypothetical which is all speculation

Lets say Carlton have said 900k a year and we only have cap for a 600k offer, we should if we want to pay, be able to at least match the cash or something if we choose and go over the cap to pay him as someone we originally drafted.

Carlton should have to prove to the afl it had the cap space and the offer was legit

So we've picked up both Newman & Paps as Rookies for nothing & we'll get Carlton's 4th rounder this year & a good pick for Paps either this year or next.
That's a big win in Fantasy Footy isn't it?

Deal from Carlton is over the top apparently money wise

These reports are almost always attempts by the player's manager to get more money from their current club. It's so predictable.

Nar mate on his way back to Melbourne along with jones

Same as Longmire was going to Norf and Darcy Moore was coming to Sydney?

Did I say that did I?

You didn't, but both were reported by the media at the time but neither happened. Not having a go at you, just saying that this one might not happen either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back