News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sturt
Only one I’m replying to on my limited data. A contract is a contract, regardless of whether it’s FA or not. A salary cap is a salary cap whether it’s FA or not. In your perfect world, we just have to suck it up because they are the rules relating to contracts and consequences of consolation picks right?

So smartarse, if they are the rules of salary caps, FA and all things AFL process, why are the AFL considering 1&2 to GC and compromising that exact thing?

A contract is a legal document, unvariable and fixed in stone. Whereas AFL policy....

Back to Swans talk in (Swans) media. Two really fabulous pieces on the club website that Swans people should read.

This is a great description of last Saturday's game which honestly is already one of my favourite Swans games

And this is something else. A beautiful reminder of how fabulous the Swans always are off the field even when the on-field form fluctuates.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
A contract is a legal document, unvariable and fixed in stone. Whereas AFL policy....

Back to Swans talk in (Swans) media. Two really fabulous pieces on the club website that Swans people should read.

This is a great description of last Saturday's game which honestly is already one of my favourite Swans games

And this is something else. A beautiful reminder of how fabulous the Swans always are off the field even when the on-field form fluctuates.

Cheers BB but I think you’ve witnessed that contracts too are not worth the paper they’re written on theses days...sadly!

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Wolftone

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Please explain...you can call someone a racist and/or a dog with no repercussions on here and you’re complaining about Barrett?
Damien Barrett seems to have impunity when he umpugns other's names, acts on rumour. His rumour, which he stated as fact, that Papley was looking to move back to Victoria and that certain Vic team had already been talking to him, Carlton & Geelong, was absolute crap. Paps had quietly done a nice deal with the Swans until 2023. Barratt was stirring up dissent. He is a creep

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
Damien Barrett seems to have impunity when he umpugns other's names, acts on rumour. His rumour, which he stated as fact, that Papley was looking to move back to Victoria and that certain Vic team had already been talking to him, Carlton & Geelong, was absolute crap. Paps had quietly done a nice deal with the Swans until 2023. Barratt was stirring up dissent. He is a creep

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

It wasn't Barrett who started the rumour (he didn't even raise it) and Geelong weren't talking to him like you claim. Talk about "impugns one's name" and "acting on rumour"

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
The BarRat seems no friend of our Club. He uses a declamatory style bot unlike one or two posters.
Yep.. Barrett never seems to have anything positive to say about the Swans.. Even worse than him is cane cormes. An arrogant and negative person at the best of times, if he ever mentioned the Swans in the 'Round so far' spot on the AFL website, it was to say we're crap.
All understandable considering How Ports year went

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
Yep.. Barrett never seems to have anything positive to say about the Swans.. Even worse than him is cane cormes. An arrogant and negative person at the best of times, if he ever mentioned the Swans in the 'Round so far' spot on the AFL website, it was to say we're crap.
Cornes is trying to be the Alan Jones of the AFL. Shock jock wannabe.

Give me Jimmy Bartel. Fair and informative. Really good at describing the different systems the clubs deploy on the field.

hahaha... I sometimes listen to Cornes on SEN on Friday mornings. He has an all about me segment called "Mean Tweets" where he reads out Tweets attacking him. It is lamer than a 3 legged dog.

He rarely mentions the Swans as he plays to his Victorian and Snowtown listeners.

Cornes is trying to be the Alan Jones of the AFL. Shock jock wannabe.

Give me Jimmy Bartel. Fair and informative. Really good at describing the different systems the clubs deploy on the field.

Cripes The Gong, you are going to be in strife with Opts

I think I've realised that Opts and I aren't going to see eye to eye on much outside footy. Each to their own.

Aye. At least on footy matters he pretty much has his head in the right place.*

* He would like the use of 'right place'.

ScottBo

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Really in-depth analysis. Interesting stats on Swans use of the draft compared with other clubs, further down is a look at potential trades and drafts.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Really in-depth analysis. Interesting stats on Swans use of the draft compared with other clubs, further down is a look at potential trades and drafts.

Thank you , a good read . This is what this thread is for , good stuff.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler

What a brilliant analysis. Cold hard facts & not just some picked out to make a one sided argument both for or against us.

It shows that we haven't been guessing our way through from the trade ban to the retirement of a group of experienced club legends.

We will bounce back quickly & will be the talking point of the Vic mafia again in 2021 when our young stars emerge top the top tier & once again, the Vic mafia will put our academy on the agenda again.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies

No journalist or member of the media has completed this thorough and detailed a piece of work on our club in memory. Fantastic piece.

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers

Really good in-depth analysis. It's a sad statement on modern sports journalism when blogs like this and The Mongrel Punt have way better analysis than any "professional" outlets.

Last edited:
No journalist or member of the media has completed this thorough and detailed a piece of work on our club in memory. Fantastic piece.
The author has no right providing such a detailed and credible analysis in this day and age of tabloid rumour filled journalism.

DST

Premiership Player
May 1, 2003
In enemy territory
AFL Club
Sydney
Only one I’m replying to on my limited data. A contract is a contract, regardless of whether it’s FA or not. A salary cap is a salary cap whether it’s FA or not. In your perfect world, we just have to suck it up because they are the rules relating to contracts and consequences of consolation picks right?

So smartarse, if they are the rules of salary caps, FA and all things AFL process, why are the AFL considering 1&2 to GC and compromising that exact thing?

You say a 'contract is a contract', are you not aware that a free agency contract has different clauses in it to a standard player contract that have been designed by the AFL to protect the integrity of the free agency mechanism to change clubs?

That was amazingly good. Actual analysis, backed with facts and research. Makes David King look like a dribbling idiot (did not take much, to be honest).

Pardon my ignorance on some of the terms used
DVI - who does this rating for draft picks?
Sydney had the league’s worst EUR in 2019 What's EUR
Thanks
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back