News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon my ignorance on some of the terms used
DVI - who does this rating for draft picks?
Sydney had the league’s worst EUR in 2019 What's EUR
Thanks
:)
I asked myself the same question. An EUR is an Experience Utilisation Rate, DVI is Draft Value Index.

My eyes started glossing a little, like Stats 101 after happy hour, but it's worth wading through his explanation in the GC story below. Based on his earlier predictions for the Swans in 2019 alone, one of the clubs or major media outlets should grab him quick.

I asked myself the same question. An EUR is an Experience Utilisation Rate, DVI is Draft Value Index.

My eyes started glossing a little, like Stats 101 after happy hour, but it's worth wading through his explanation in the GC story below. Based on his earlier predictions for the Swans in 2019 alone, one of the clubs or major media outlets should grab him quick.

Thanks, I confess I skimmed through the Gold Coast page.

MVP nominations from the Swans are Rampe, Hewett and Parker.

You say a 'contract is a contract', are you not aware that a free agency contract has different clauses in it to a standard player contract that have been designed by the AFL to protect the integrity of the free agency mechanism to change clubs?
Since when, since the AFL made Sydney board sign off on the Franklin RFA trade and restrictions to drafting? The one where we broke no rules and lost our COLA? The one where we weren’t allowed to recruit via FA or trade for 2 years (one restricted)? The one where the rules changed for Sydney and Sydney only? Of course I know that, did you?Why the * do you think I’m going on about it? Because WE created that problem!

Now if you don’t mind, Bedders is right and this is the media thread (even though this was from a media article but he gets grumpy...he’s older than me) and I’m going to * off!

The last time the Swans weren't at the top for average crowd in NSW was 1994. I think only the Sydney Sixers have gotten close in a long time, too.

Here's the tweet

Was just coming on to post this... A long way from the late 80s & early 90s!

I think the idea of a "fickle" Sydney based supporter base is obviously a thing of the past. I hope we maintain (or grow) our average attendance next season & prove once & for all we are one of the big boys & not just a decade-long flash in the pan as some seem to somehow still believe.

I think the idea of a "fickle" Sydney based supporter base is obviously a thing of the past. I hope we maintain (or grow) our average attendance next season & prove once & for all we are one of the big boys & not just a decade-long flash in the pan as some seem to somehow still believe.

It would obviously run down over time if we were to be bad for a while like with any team, but I think it would take a while, and probably never get down below say 20k. We're a pretty significant part of the furniture these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back