News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always found Caro Wilson very fair about the Swans, sympathetic to our treatment from the AFL. Interesting she's take a small clip at Harley, maybe she misses the old management?

Not sure we are a destination club anymore. If Caro did some research she could list all those players we’ve attracted in the last 5 years to support her claim.

She had a sook about Harley on 3AW tonight. Healy said that there is an issue with the retention of staff in Sydney. She backtracked a little and said that Harley is entitled to think this but not come out publicly. Stupid woman.
Suspect then we might be losing Stevie J and/or Cox?

Suspect then we might be losing Stevie J and/or Cox?

There was some talk of us speaking with Lappin who is currently at Geelong. Maybe Stevie J heading home?

With McVeigh also to come in there could be more than one movement.

Fremantle is without a coach and you’d figure Kirk and Cox would look at that.

There was some talk of us speaking with Lappin who is currently at Geelong. Maybe Stevie J heading home?

With McVeigh also to come in there could be more than one movement.

Fremantle is without a coach and you’d figure Kirk and Cox would look at that.

That is interesting. I really hope we keep Stevie J. Despite the rubbish service it received the forward line functioned pretty well.

If Kirk moves on we would have a chance to address our midfield composition,structure and strategy.

McVeigh seems such a smart bloke, any role he takes would add to the team.

I wonder if there will be movement between Crouch, Laidlaw and Kennelly.

That is interesting. I really hope we keep Stevie J. Despite the rubbish service it received the forward line functioned pretty well.

If Kirk moves on we would have a chance to address our midfield composition,structure and strategy.

McVeigh seems such a smart bloke, any role he takes would add to the team.

I wonder if there will be movement between Crouch, Laidlaw and Kennelly.
Our most senior assistant coaches are Kirk & Blakey. If we're after Lappin I'd imagine it's to take on the number two role at the club leading me to believe Kirk is leaving. Again all guessing

Caro reckons we're still a destination club? We were but I think that's fallen apart pretty quickly. It seems like every player seeking a trade back to Victoria wants to be at Hawthorn. That's a destination club.

Even after the ridiculous trading ban we've struggled to land the bigger names we targeted in the trade period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate myself for trusting Sam McClure because I like what he's saying after dismissing him a day or two ago as having no idea because his mail didn't suit my trade dreams.

I think you can ignore 98% of the things that these media lightweights say about trades - especially this far out.

They are all just regurgitating the same info. I could go on radio and speculate about these trades and sound just as informed ...

'Ohhh Ollie Wines is captain and happy at Port, but there is a feeling at the club that he let them down this year and he could be of interest to Essendon' ... next thing it is a story about how Wines might be traded.

I've listened to mcclure with whateley this week, and its obvious that it is all just speculation with little foundation. You will hear the exact same speculation from every other journo. It isn't McClure's fault, they are all doing it.

Obviously this drives heaps of 'clicks' and podcast downloads etc ... hence why it is all starting so early. But I think its all mostly bs. I mean Tom Papley is contracted for 4 years ... that hasnt stopped them constantly speculating that we will just hand him over to Carlton.

Occasionally, someone will report something that is obviously based on some evidence - like Jon Ralph reporting yesterday that Tim Kelly has made his mind up. These are the only times you should trust what is being said imo.

Last edited:
Bit of a filler piece. I'm not sure if "Does Menzel go another year ?" is a burning question, given he wouldn't be asking much anyway We have more pressing issues such as our ruck, our midfield, our defence now that Smith, Grundy and Macca have gone, our post-Buddy forward line and a few more. I'd like to see Buddy playing a bit more on a wing so we can focus on a more consistent forward structure. It'd probably result in fewer injuries as there's a bit less of the short sudden sprint and more continuous movement.

Caro reckons we're still a destination club? We were but I think that's fallen apart pretty quickly. It seems like every player seeking a trade back to Victoria wants to be at Hawthorn. That's a destination club.

Even after the ridiculous trading ban we've struggled to land the bigger names we targeted in the trade period.
We'll never be a destination club for players seeking a trade back to Victoria.

The prospect of sustained success is a big draw as it normally takes a fair few cracks at finals to win a Granny. In a few years we'll have a team with a lot of our players nearing their peak and we'll consistently play finals again, not just for a year or two. We'll attract players who can see themselves making a big contribution to that success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back