News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let contracted players nominate a state. I'm fine with that. It should make no difference if said player wants to go back to Melbourne and ends up at Collingwood/Hawthorn/North Melbourne etc. Get them back to their state for the best possible deal. If player is out of contract he can nominate whichever club he wishes.

Sometimes players need that close family support without having to hop on a plane everytime.

Its a tough one i think Geelong were shitful to hold Kelly last season he has 2 autistic children for crying out loud.

Just feels all wrong to me.

Totally get that

But does it create a loophole

And ok use Papley what if sydney only got pick 45 for him ? Because of where he wanted to go? Ok with it then?

What if 6 players at Sydney have family reasons next year?

Sometimes players need that close family support without having to hop on a plane everytime.

Its a tough one i think Geelong were shitful to hold Kelly last season he has 2 autistic children for crying out loud.

Then why does Kelly say he will only agree to be traded to West Coast and not Fremantle as well.

Geelong, Sydney, and Essendon have done the 100% right thing in holding their contracted players if they didn't like the trade on offer.

These aren't 10 year veterans who have won flags and who we should put their interests ahead of our own.

If any of these players feel that not being able to move to their home state becomes a health issue, for them or family members, then they are perfectly free to sit out of football for a year.

And they were praised for doing the right thing by their club!

Carltons offer seemed to be way unders, and Paps circumstances seem to be nowhere near as extreme as Kellys.
Essindons demands were way overs, especially with the injury unknowns.

While trying to be fair.. I think the Swans can sleep easy at night knowing they were prepared to look after the wishes of Paps and Daniher. Were willing to pay overs for Daniher and accept unders for Paps, but had their limits.
I suspect Daniher approached the Swans, who did their best.

I hope the truth comes out and Barrett is made to look like the disgusting, opinionated, arrogant, foolish dickhead that he is

Look forward to his apology (via twitter as he will no longer work for the AFL)

And they were praised for doing the right thing by their club!

Carltons offer seemed to be way unders, and Paps circumstances seem to be nowhere near as extreme as Kellys.
Essindons demands were way overs, especially with the injury unknowns.

While trying to be fair.. I think the Swans can sleep easy at night knowing they were prepared to look after the wishes of Paps and Daniher. Were willing to pay overs for Daniher and accept unders for Paps, but had their limits.
I suspect Daniher approached the Swans, who did their best.

I hope the truth comes out and Barrett is made to look like the disgusting, opinionated, arrogant, foolish dickhead that he is

Look forward to his apology (via twitter as he will no longer work for the AFL)

Don't think we need this episode to already know what a dickhead Barrett is lol

If anything, he will probably double down on his stance. He did it when Beveridge called him out about inferring the Bulldogs were hiding Tom Boyd's mental health issue in one of his sliding doors segment.

Don't think we need this episode to already know what a dickhead Barrett is lol

If anything, he will probably double down on his stance. He did it when Beveridge called him out about inferring the Bulldogs were hiding Tom Boyd's mental health issue in one of his sliding doors segment.
If you're going to lie.. make it a big one and tell it over and over again. good onya Barret

So Barrett said sydney led by Tom
Harley are amateurish this trade period

And excuses post not getting Daniher we’re rubbish

Geez
He obviously reads BF and knows we all think his "style" of "journalism" is nothing more than gutter-trash guesswork and we all think he is a flog.

Meh. F**k him.

I'm baffled that Barrett can actually put his name to the opinion that the club is beholden to get a player that's requested to join at any cost, surely the only reasonable viewpoint to take is that our recruitment/list team's job obligation is to do the best thing by the club not any player that wants to join??
A relevant analogy would be if I'm at the orphanage choosing a new son/daughter and the kid says they'd like to join my family and then the orphanage demands an outrageous fee that I'm unable to afford then sorry kid, you gotta stay where you are but it's not my fault

He's right about the very last part. If Cameron decides to leave next year, why wouldn't Daniher go to Sydney at a top 4 team instead of bottom 4? They'll have Cameron's salary space to replace, and a top shelf midfield to deliver to him

He's right about the very last part. If Cameron decides to leave next year, why wouldn't Daniher go to Sydney at a top 4 team instead of bottom 4? They'll have Cameron's salary space to replace, and a top shelf midfield to deliver to him

so it's like a reverse Buddy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have facilities in Geelong for Autism. Perth isn’t the capital of all things Autistic.

They have facilities in Geelong for Autism. Perth isn’t the capital of all things Autistic.
It would be family support mate. Surely you can see that?

In his case I can definitely see where getting him & his family home to his family support network would be a moral, ethical and honorable thing to do where all the parties could agree to terms to make it so IMO. Holding someone to a contract of any length withotu taking into consideration the implications of doing so from a personal level may make seem to make "theoretical" business sense but ultimately undermines the culture & goodwill the organisation needs to ensure it maintains.

It would be family support mate. Surely you can see that?

In his case I can definitely see where getting him & his family home to his family support network would be a moral, ethical and honorable thing to do where all the parties could agree to terms to make it so IMO. Holding someone to a contract of any length withotu taking into consideration the implications of doing so from a personal level may make seem to make "theoretical" business sense but ultimately undermines the culture & goodwill the organisation needs to ensure it maintains.
And that’s why Geelong flew her family over to stay with them for almost the entire season. There’s reasonable and reasonable in trading contracted players. Geelong were reasonable last year because they felt WCE were offering unders and they had the support mechanisms in place. They chose the reasonable path this year and allowed him to go home without dealing with Freo.

Disappointing that you question whether I can see it’s about family support!

I know I know ...coz coz.… we would like to think he falls in luvz with Harley & Swans all over again!:$

Actually, GWS would be crazy not to make it well worth his ( Cameron) while to stay.
It would be like a hole in a dutch dyke. Floodgates open.

Also Daniher clan (esp Mum and Dad) have some strong affinity with Swans
And the out of the Melb bubble is one thing, but Blacktown boon docks slum, is not the SCG Eastern Suburbs
And Swans will be raring to challenge in 2021

Damo is just dirty on Swans, and has been fed BS, that Swans initiated it all.
Essendon not prepared to fess up (try to hide) that there is trouble in the camp.

And that’s why Geelong flew her family over to stay with them for almost the entire season. There’s reasonable and reasonable in trading contracted players. Geelong were reasonable last year because they felt WCE were offering unders and they had the support mechanisms in place. They chose the reasonable path this year and allowed him to go home without dealing with Freo.

Disappointing that you question whether I can see it’s about family support!
There's a huge difference between having a select few members of your family flown across the other side of the country to help out as opposed to living at home, with all of your support network & without the stress of travel, staying in unfamiliar surroundings without the family unit (inc uncles, aunties, grandparents, cousins, family friends) etc etc.

I took your post "They have facilities in Geelong for Autism. Perth isn’t the capital of all things Autistic." ... As indicating there is equivilant support in Geelong as in WA (& the inference is "suck it up" IMO).

However I agree with Heeney2Franklin, close family support (without having to hop on a plane everytime) is something that some people need & IMO it often can't happen properly without living in the same place.

I'm glad he got back home but his situation, as far as I am aware, is significantly different to that of other "go home" trade/trade proposals recently & (IMO) it would have been nice if the clubs could have facilitated his request last season. Shame they couldn't get it done.

There's a huge difference between having a select few members of your family flown across the other side of the country to help out as opposed to living at home, with all of your support network & without the stress of travel, staying in unfamiliar surroundings without the family unit (inc uncles, aunties, grandparents, cousins, family friends) etc etc.

I took your post "They have facilities in Geelong for Autism. Perth isn’t the capital of all things Autistic." ... As indicating there is equivilant support in Geelong as in WA (& the inference is "suck it up" IMO).

However I agree with Heeney2Franklin, close family support (without having to hop on a plane everytime) is something that some people need & IMO it often can't happen properly without living in the same place.

I'm glad he got back home but his situation, as far as I am aware, is significantly different to that of other "go home" trade/trade proposals recently & (IMO) it would have been nice if the clubs could have facilitated his request last season. Shame they couldn't get it done.
Of course there’s a huge difference in support at home v away but if you want to play AFL football and you decide to enter the draft, you had better be damn sure that you’re prepared to play anywhere. Clubs are very professional and supportive of player welfare and they do provide the best they can with any support services. Back to Kelly, he was drafted and obligated to play at Geelong for 2 seasons and they had every right to hold him to his contract. Papley signed a contract extension of two years with a two year trigger just last year after spending ‘how many years’ in Sydney? He knew what he was doing, he just got a good ******* offer and wanted to break it...he can suck it up imo!

There was once a time where if you wanted to play at the highest level at all you either moved to Victoria or you missed out. I know there are things like mental health, family etc that need to be considered but at the end of the day, these kids say it's a dream come true when they're drafted, then several years in get homesick and want out. So considering it's their "dream" to play AFL, they sure seem to attach conditions to that dream when it suits them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back