News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was once a time where if you wanted to play at the highest level at all you either moved to Victoria or you missed out. I know there are things like mental health, family etc that need to be considered but at the end of the day, these kids say it's a dream come true when they're drafted, then several years in get homesick and want out. So considering it's their "dream" to play AFL, they sure seem to attach conditions to that dream when it suits them.

We have better awareness of mental health and happiness now I guess

Then there is the old well they didn’t choose to go to another state they are forced to be drafted where ever suits

I have no problem with a player who has become good enough to choose wanting out of places

But the club has to put itself first of course

I think as a rule if you sign a contract then too bad really, maybe we could introduce player and team options on contracts

I’d also be willing to see strong free agency and movement for players, but I’d have the ability for teams to trade contracted players

what does that mean??
If Bennell chooses us, we get him as a DFA?
If he goes to the pre-season sup selection.. its the first club that bids?
DFA yes, supp selection is similar to DFA except you’re just ‘free’ as you may not have been drafted before. There’s no bidding.

I like Jake Niall, usually sane in a sea of hysteria

Great article. You have to laugh at the media for getting pissed off at clubs for doing what's in their own best interests as opposed to doing what will fill the media's pockets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. Amazing how in footy people lose commonsense. If you decline to spend a million bucks on a 500k house you don't walk away thinking it's a failure.

We'll probably get a prime time game against the Hawks, same as usual.

Fox Footy has given Neroli Meadows the arse , terrible decision as she is just about the best female in the footy media. Always smiling and made the guests feel comfortable . I know it's not Swans , but she has interviewed quite a few Swans.
Agreed, she was very good. I thought I read somewhere that she’s actually a Swans fan.

I wonder why she got the push.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back