News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse about to be interviewed on SEN
“We made it clear to Tom and his management that we didn’t want to trade him and said he’s a valuable player for us and so that’s the starting point,” he told SEN Breakfast.
“As the process unfolded, we were working in good faith to see if something could happen and when it didn’t happen it was a matter of touching base again.

Not really anything more to be said about Daniher-Papley is there. It was pretty clear at the time what had taken place.

The only thing that caught my attention was his comment on McCartin: coaches aren't entirely sure whether he's best up back or forward. It's great to have that kind of player on the field who can play either end when required.

I take particular interest in this from Horse.

"“(I only had conversations with Daniher) late in the process. I didn’t need to sit down and get to know Joe, I got to know Joe before he made the decision to go to Essendon, when he had a chance to come to Sydney."

I read that as, well you had your chance back then Joe, so now you can't be upset that we couldn't get you here under extremely difficult circumstances.
Next year if he still wants.

The only thing that caught my attention....
"The 23-year-old had personal reasons for wishing to come to a club in Melbourne"

Poetic license from a Melbourne journo?

EFA - "The 23-year-old had personal reasons for wishing to nominate Carlton and restrict his ability to move back to Victoria"

And I’m sure that if Green and Any other GWS academy players of the future are free the Swans will be bidding on them.

Running to AFL house like a snot nosed little brat, nice one GWS

Who said they San to AFL House? Nobody said that. Tomlinson told a fellow player who told all the players, one of whom informed the media and that is how AFL found out

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I take particular interest in this from Horse.

"“(I only had conversations with Daniher) late in the process. I didn’t need to sit down and get to know Joe, I got to know Joe before he made the decision to go to Essendon, when he had a chance to come to Sydney."

I read that as, well you had your chance back then Joe, so now you can't be upset that we couldn't get you here under extremely difficult circumstances.
Next year if he still wants.
I think that was a very much on the surface comment, but was more to be downplaying that we didn't pursue Joe. That he approached us

Who said they San to AFL House? Nobody said that. Tomlinson told a fellow player who told all the players, one of whom informed the media and that is how AFL found out

The article did:

“...the meeting eventually reaching Giants officials who made their own enquiries at the highest levels of AFL headquarters.”

"The 23-year-old had personal reasons for wishing to come to a club in Melbourne"

Poetic license from a Melbourne journo?

EFA - "The 23-year-old had per$onal rea$son$ for wi$hing to nominate Carlton and re$trict hi$ ability to move back to Victoria"

Fixed that for you

Personally I find it reprehensible that a Club would approach a long term contracted player and try to use $$$ to lure him away mid contract.
For players who's contract will expire that year, sure, but not 2+ years of contract remaining

Horse interview here

At the start of that interview they said:

Spoken to 4-5 of the top 10 draftees who said from all of the coaches that had spoken to them Horse had the biggest impact on them / was most impressive...

King of the kids! Who would have guessed he was cut out to lead a young developing team after all these years with an established contender

It was already in the media by then.

The fact still stands none-the-less... the Giants still went snotty nosed to the AFL/media to dibber dobber and to (one only assumes) negatively impact us... Why else would they do that? It makes no difference if it was already in the media or not... They still went out of their way to chase up something that is completely none of their business.

The fact still stands none-the-less... the Giants still went snotty nosed to the AFL/media to dibber dobber and to (one only assumes) negatively impact us... Why else would they do that? It makes no difference if it was already in the media or not... They still went out of their way to chase up something that is completely none of their business.

100%

Obvs still offended that Buddy declined the AFL push to get him to GWS and he signed with us instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back