News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Im beginning to really be pissed off with the AFL. They promote that the competition is about all clubs being even, having equal opportunity.
The trade ban was bullshit, Andrew Ireland said it perfectly in that article.
It seems that the AFL wants GWS to become better than the Swans and will do anything to make it happen. Swans get a trade ban for being successful and GWS in 2019 have the salary cap space to contract .. Coniglio, Hopper, Toronto, Phil Davis, Toby Green, Whitfield, Ward, Cameron, Kelly.. all who would demand $800k plus.. not to mention the second tier players who demand $500k plus !! No other club can get close to affording that.

How the AFL's administration manipulates this competition would destroy any lesser game. We and the AFL are lucky Aussie Rules is fantastic

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Im beginning to really be pissed off with the AFL. They promote that the competition is about all clubs being even, having equal opportunity.
The trade ban was bullshit, Andrew Ireland said it perfectly in that article.
It seems that the AFL wants GWS to become better than the Swans and will do anything to make it happen. Swans get a trade ban for being successful and GWS in 2019 have the salary cap space to contract .. Coniglio, Hopper, Toronto, Phil Davis, Toby Green, Whitfield, Ward, Cameron, Kelly.. all who would demand $800k plus.. not to mention the second tier players who demand $500k plus !! No other club can get close to affording that.

How the AFL's administration manipulates this competition would destroy any lesser game. We and the AFL are lucky Aussie Rules is fantastic
I remember coming across a company called Fitness For Footy that "partners" with the AFL. Have a look at their list of ambassadors and see if you can see any kind of link running through them all. Dodgy as I reckon: https://www.fitforfooty.com.au/ambassadors/

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Southampton FC

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
I remember coming across a company called Fitness For Footy that "partners" with the AFL. Have a look at their list of ambassadors and see if you can see any kind of link running through them all. Dodgy as I reckon: https://www.fitforfooty.com.au/ambassadors/
Ahhh, So that's how GWS (and Collingwood) can afford all those players. The AFL pays them outside the salary cap

Ahhh, So that's how GWS (and Collingwood) can afford all those players. The AFL pays them outside the salary cap

No way Heeney isnt on a similar deal

Pretty sure KJ was an "ambassador" in his prime as well.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Pretty much all teams with questions over their salary cap.
Also, 9 of the 11 men with links to GWS.

I've been calling it for years. The AFL are a fixed & conflicted organisation that provides benfits for mates & clubs that fall into line.
We no longer do so we won't go any where near a premiership any time soon.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Pretty much all teams with questions over their salary cap.
Also, 9 of the 11 men with links to GWS.

I've been calling it for years. The AFL are a fixed & conflicted organisation that provides benfits for mates & clubs that fall into line.
We no longer do so we won't go any where near a premiership any time soon.
Not fair off Ted , but taking it too far . Do we miss Ireland and Colless.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Not fair off Ted , but taking it too far . Do we miss Ireland and Colless.
We miss that expereince at dealing with the cheats Bedeers but I guess no matter who replaced those two, it would have been well short of their experience. I'm sure they are there in the background offering advice when needed.

ScottBo

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
74826776-0F87-4ABB-900D-DC9A92DA2222.jpeg

Kudos to the Essendon poster who said he looks like someone trying to leave Scientology.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Kudos to the Essendon poster who said he looks like someone trying to leave Scientology.

It's pointless reading too much into these photos, as anyone can come up with an interpretation to suit their narrative.

As for Daniher, my prediction hasn't changed, I still think he'll re-sign with the Bombers.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
It's pointless reading too much into these photos, as anyone can come up with an interpretation to suit their narrative.

As for Daniher, my prediction hasn't changed, I still think he'll re-sign with the Bombers.

The way it looks to me is had surgery tried running at top level… couldn’t do it and had to pull back again.

Hmmm

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
This is the bit that interested me most.

"HOW FAR BEHIND IN PREPARATION ARE YOU IN TERMS OF GETTING BACK FOR ROUND ONE?
Daniher: “Round 1 seems like an eternity away. I’m not running at the moment. I pulled that back again just to work on some strength things. I started running during the off-season and I just found that once I got up to a really high intensity, I probably wasn’t coping that well with the load, so I pulled it back and I’m going to work on some really key strength markers and hopefully I’ll be back running in about 10 days.”

:clapping::clapping::clapping: Bravo, bravo Joe!

You look after yourself there Joe! Round 1 2021 is what it's all about after all.
Good on you for taking some heat off Tom Harley in your interview.

Well done Swans for waiting for the risk to dissipate!

DavyRed

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
This is the bit that interested me most.

"HOW FAR BEHIND IN PREPARATION ARE YOU IN TERMS OF GETTING BACK FOR ROUND ONE?
Daniher: “Round 1 seems like an eternity away. I’m not running at the moment. I pulled that back again just to work on some strength things. I started running during the off-season and I just found that once I got up to a really high intensity, I probably wasn’t coping that well with the load, so I pulled it back and I’m going to work on some really key strength markers and hopefully I’ll be back running in about 10 days.”

:clapping::clapping::clapping: Bravo, bravo Joe!

You look after yourself there Joe! Round 1 2021 is what it's all about after all.
Good on you for taking some heat off Tom Harley in your interview.

Well done Swans for waiting for the risk to dissipate!
Bloody hell, and what did Essendon seriously want us to give them for this guy who’s been out for most of two seasons and still can’t handle running at high intensity?!

ScottBo

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney

* Interesting reading. Given how many early picks the Swans had in the earlier years of the draft our record isn't great.
* Swans are great at recognising talent after they've been picked.
* Well played Cats (even without f/s)
* Don't agree with Tom Mitchell at the later pick, he would have gone much earlier.
* Likewise one G. Ablett. Stole pick 40 from two champion Swans players.
* I'm probably in the minority, but still think I'd take Nick Reiwoldt before Hodge.

* Interesting reading. Given how many early picks the Swans had in the earlier years of the draft our record isn't great.
* Swans are great at recognising talent after they've been picked.
* Well played Cats (even without f/s)
* Don't agree with Tom Mitchell at the later pick, he would have gone much earlier.
* Likewise one G. Ablett. Stole pick 40 from two champion Swans players.
* I'm probably in the minority, but still think I'd take Nick Reiwoldt before Hodge.
I don't like having shenanigans in there (Ablett, Mitchell etc) but otherwise a very interesting read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back