News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

mtooler

Premiership Player
Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
It is but if it were shorter (contract) you’d have to consider it (assuming his contract is genuinely up and we can get him as a free agent). Two years time we are probably genuinely at the start of our window with our list.

Might be some cream for the cake.
2 years at a time and I am totally fine with it.

22FEB21: Daniher talks Swans/ SEN New

Ticky009

Premium Gold
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

hairy biker

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
I'd have though McInerney deserved a shout out for an article like this but alas, it was not to be
I agree, thought McInerney's progression at the end of last season, along with Mcartin's in defence were the especially promising signs from our younger players.
However pleasing to see Dean Cox nominate Mathew Ling as one of the four. Be good for him to have a clear run to at least give him a chance to claim a spot in the seniors.

Syd

Kiss my Assterisk*
Mar 13, 2003
Die Kaffeeklatch
AFL Club
Sydney
You would be moving heaven and earth to sign pretty much the best player (Dusty) in the league no matter the contract. Sure it might be bad when he turns 36 for example, but you do it. If he gives us 2 premierships within the next 5 years, we would be saying well done.
Worked well with Franklin (then the best player in the league)

JackSwans

Head Scout
Jan 12, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Dustin Martin at the Swans is silly. Yeah he's a good player but he doesn't align with what we're trying to build at the club, not to mention our "No Dickhead" policy, and if we're being honest, he's a bit of a dickhead... Gut feel says that would be such a waste of salary considering what we are trying to do with our squad, I also think his personality would unsettle our squad... Leave him to be a Richmond great, he's not Sydney material.

bedford

Hall of Famer
Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC
Dustin Martin at the Swans is silly. Yeah he's a good player but he doesn't align with what we're trying to build at the club, not to mention our "No Dickhead" policy, and if we're being honest, he's a bit of a dickhead... Gut feel says that would be such a waste of salary considering what we are trying to do with our squad, I also think his personality would unsettle our squad... Leave him to be a Richmond great, he's not Sydney material.
How do you know what he's like ffs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SwansProudly

Premium Platinum
Sep 5, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Peter Bedford coming up on SEN , still played cricket on the weekend and took 1/20 off 7 overs, what a sporting legend

Kapers

Club Legend
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
I mean Dusty is amazing, but I wouldn't really want him imo.
Maybe at this very moment, sure, but at 33-34, I mean we're all complaining about buddy's decline, but at least we had for some of his best footy. Would only get Dusty on the decline.

Maybe a Hodgesque deal, but I'm not really sure what he would add, unless we're still garbage in 3 years.

bedford

Hall of Famer
Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC
I mean Dusty is amazing, but I wouldn't really want him imo.
Maybe at this very moment, sure, but at 33-34, I mean we're all complaining about buddy's decline, but at least we had for some of his best footy. Would only get Dusty on the decline.

Maybe a Hodgesque deal, but I'm not really sure what he would add, unless we're still garbage in 3 years.
General Discussion ?

RW

Premium Platinum
Jan 11, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad