News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

Yeah 6th is about right if bud can play 2/3 of the games
When he eventually enters the field the crowd will roar. Roar. He has a strut about him. He is an enigma. The Bud. Buddy.
He wins games. That 2014 GF he played a lone hand. He was a class above the rest of our side.
When he plays, most footy fans will be watching. He is a drawcard. He is creates an excitement of expectation of what COULD happen. He is Buddy Franklin.

When he eventually enters the field the crowd will roar. Roar. He has a strut about him. He is an enigma. The Bud. Buddy.
He wins games. That 2014 GF he played a lone hand. He was a class above the rest of our side.
When he plays, most footy fans will be watching. He is a drawcard. He is creates an excitement of expectation of what COULD happen. He is Buddy Franklin.

He is 34

The buddy you describe is probably no more. IF he returns he will be rusty. He will receive criticism about it.

fingers crossed though that he still can live up to your comments. I am tempering my expectation though as reality is he’s been out for some time and still not ready.

He is 34

The buddy you describe is probably no more. IF he returns he will be rusty. He will receive criticism about it.

fingers crossed though that he still can live up to your comments. I am tempering my expectation though as reality is he’s been out for some time and still not ready.

Agreed. In my heart of hearts, I'm barely expecting to see Bud play again. Happy to keep my expectations very low and be pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately it seems that every time he tries to ramp up his training loads, he picks up another soft tissue injury which screams to most experienced footy fans that his body isn't coping anymore and picking up "old man injuries".

I hope beyond hope I'm wrong but I'm just not confident we'll ever get to see him again. I'd be delighted seeing him play a handful of games before he retires if I'm being honest.

Agreed. In my heart of hearts, I'm barely expecting to see Bud play again. Happy to keep my expectations very low and be pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately it seems that every time he tries to ramp up his training loads, he picks up another soft tissue injury which screams to most experienced footy fans that his body isn't coping anymore and picking up "old man injuries".

I hope beyond hope I'm wrong but I'm just not confident we'll ever get to see him again. I'd be delighted seeing him play a handful of games before he retires if I'm being honest.
You're probably right..
Being a little more optimistic, He's had 12 months of core strengthening rehab he's leaner and fitter than hes been for years. Hes a superstar and a player that will bring the crowds through the gates.
The Swans played his 300th game at the SCG, Ill back the Swans to play his comeback game at the SCG. I reckon round 2, if not, then round 4

20 games at 3 goals/game gets his 1000 goals.. Ill back him in, and Ill back him to kick his 1000 goal at the SCG

14MAR21: Swans COVID/AFL Website

I was at the game for his 300th. May have been almost 2 years ago but he was pretty much underdone that day but still beast.

It’s been a while, i reckon his body is right, more hopeful than not that he can play 12-15 games

I was at the game for his 300th. May have been almost 2 years ago but he was pretty much underdone that day but still beast.

It’s been a while, i reckon his body is right, more hopeful than not that he can play 12-15 games

He looked like he had deteriorated as a player in the first part of 2019, but the last 3 games he played against West Coast, Hawthorn (did his hamstring in the 3rd quarter but still got a brownlow vote) and St Kilda he was close to BOG in each game.

You're probably right..
Being a little more optimistic, He's had 12 months of core strengthening rehab he's leaner and fitter than hes been for years. Hes a superstar and a player that will bring the crowds through the gates.
The Swans played his 300th game at the SCG, Ill back the Swans to play his comeback game at the SCG. I reckon round 2, if not, then round 4

20 games at 3 goals/game gets his 1000 goals.. Ill back him in, and Ill back him to kick his 1000 goal at the SCG
Also I would limit the away games so that Lance can minimise the time sitting in plane/airport/...

Pleased that Don Pyke is part of the coaching, especially as an outsider.
am I the only one reserving judgement on Pyke?
wasn't he the head coach of the Crows that saw them... play in a grand final - go on a pre-season camp - endure an exodus of players, coaches, management staff and members - and after a few years become wooden spooners?

wasn't he the head coach of the Crows that saw them... play in a grand final - go on a pre-season camp - endure an exodus of players, coaches, management staff and members - and after a few years become wooden spooners?

Yes, he made some shocking decisions. Tactically though, in a game anyway, he is supposed to be very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s hope Jon Pierik is wrong.

Attachments

• CF4AAB5A-7C75-4A4F-A276-780AA3C2CC8F.jpeg
    CF4AAB5A-7C75-4A4F-A276-780AA3C2CC8F.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 130
  • 13D708D4-F30B-4E2C-A497-396A820687BE.jpeg
    13D708D4-F30B-4E2C-A497-396A820687BE.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 136
Only way we finish 6th is if 12 other sides get done for drugs

Shoosh Millky.. Don't make me laugh while I am prepping up baggies for the health and Fitness sections of 6 Clubs.

I am sure the Club knows better than you and any of us on this matter. Your continued questioning of the Club is really problematic.

Think this is a pretty fair assessment of where Horse is at, although I’d argue he already has found his long-term Rampe and Kennedy replacements (if such a thing is even possible!)

he was also head coach of the Crows when they were playing the most beautiful, organised attacking football of any team this decade.

He’s clearly got some deficiencies in the emotional intelligence/social skills side of things, but thankfully that appears to be Longmire’s biggest strength.

Shoosh Millky.. Don't make me laugh while I am prepping up baggies for the health and Fitness sections of 6 Clubs.

I am sure the Club knows better than you and any of us on this matter. Your continued questioning of the Club is really problematic.
haha.. Wow!
Ive never questioned the club or coaches to the point Ive been accused of 'blind support'
One thing I love and respect about the Swans is their professionalism in how they run the place. I consider them to be the best sporting club in the nation. And get the impression they have the respect from other sporting clubs both nationally and internationally.
Also a massive supporter of Horse and all the coaching staff and am the first to defend decisions they make, not because I know best, but because I know and trust in that Horse and the coaching staff (aligned with recruiters and management) are working towards a plan that goes beyond this week or this year. They're a very capable bunch of people working under some very good governance.

Im sure Pyke brings a lot to the club. Im sure his role is well defined. Id be very surprised if he was being groomed for life after Horse ahead of Cox etc.
That article was headlined by saying Pyke not giving up on a senior coach role. Ive just found it interesting that everyone is full of praise for him and no-one has ever raised where he took the Crows. Theres no doubt that the Crows under his leadership went to the top and very quickly fell off a cliff.

And yes. I am also sure the club knows better than me or any of us. And no idea where you get 'my continuing questioning of the Club' from. Think you've got the wrong person

edit: Am I the only person 'reserving judgement'... not sure how that equates to 'continuing questioning',, not even sure thats questioning? its not having an opinion just yet.

J Moore said..
he was also head coach of the Crows when they were playing the most beautiful, organised attacking football of any team this decade.

He’s clearly got some deficiencies in the emotional intelligence/social skills side of things, but thankfully that appears to be Longmire’s biggest strength.

Yep its those deficiencies which Im concerned about. but maybe he'll be the perfect compliment to Horse

Last edited:
15MAR21: Lazybites/Fox Sports
One stupid moment where he believed the hype of a motivation and endurance team. Nobody thought to check the credentials of the people they were hiring. For instance there wasn't one Psychologist in the team. The methodology had not been psychologically evaluated. The methodology was that of training SAS candidates, most of whom don't make it for good reason, which is not ideal for training elite sports people.

The coaching panel thought it would harden the team up but they did not reckon on the divide and conquer mentality of the methodology. In other words the methodology entailed players opening up about their most deep seated fears and then having the group use this against them. In other words putting s**t on them for it. Turning them against each other.

Anybody who has done any team building will tell you this does exactly the opposite. Instead of building team it builds deep resentments in 90% of participants. I examined the methodology when it was explained in the aftermath and found it disturbing on many fronts. The worst for the club is a loss of confidence in those who are in charge for allowing this sort of thing to happen. But the most disturbing was the psychological damage and loss of brotherhood between the group.

This team is a supposedly professional outfit of ex commandos. They might be OK at finding the psychopaths in a group of middle to low end executives but training elite sporting talent to be better is not their go. You might ask me why I say find the psychopaths? Well these exercises expose the individual who does not have any empathy for others and rewards him/her.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Article headline; "Swans veteran set for axe"
My reaction; Wow, big call on Reid?

Read article; Sinclair is the headline act
My reaction;
View attachment 1077581
I had to read that section a few times before I worked out they were talking about Sinclair. "Where's the bit about the veteran getting axed?" LOL

I love Callum because he's slogged his guts out for us and I respect him immensely for it but it's not headline stuff to say he's a fringe player for us this year.

DB is the only outlier in any of the predictions.
With his 6th spot on the ladder.
Yeah 6th is a bit rich but I don't know how you could look at this point in our development and say we're going to go backwards either. Finals might be a few years off yet but, if the squad stays relatively healthy, then I'd say we're a much better side than last year. Wooden spooners? Nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back