News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

I actually enjoyed the music after goals - particularly as they didn't disappoint after Guldens goal, however it drove my husband nuts!

:think: Perhaps that's why I enjoyed it so much :winkv1:

I've definitely never enjoyed anything that annoys Mrs.Sataris

never.

It really sucks the amount of experts in the media who have uncovered the SECRETS to our recent form. In the last few days alone, David King, Ross Lyon, Damian Barrett, Kane Cornes, Rohan Connolly and CHAMPION DATA no less have all uncovered various secrets to why we're doing so well.

So I guess our secrets are out! Everyone will be onto us now. I think there's a really good chance we might not win another game for the rest of the year. It was fun while it lasted I guess. :(

I actually enjoyed the music after goals - particularly as they didn't disappoint after Guldens goal, however it drove my husband nuts!

:think: Perhaps that's why I enjoyed it so much :winkv1:
It's one of the reasons I'll never again go to a BBL game. It's like they're saying that game itself is not good enough to get the crowd involved, so we'll come up with all this fake noise nothing crap!

Having said that, I quite liked the encouragement to chant Sydney... (I miss the Sydney chant... :() and as you know, I love the Sweet Caroline sing along...

And I'll give up Sweet Caroline, when you all (the swans fans) come up with a modern ballad that those from 8 to 80 can sing along too! There's plenty of them out there, so find one, get the Swans to put the words on the screen, and get the crowd to sing along.

Footy Classified last night..

Mention of GWS asking the AFL for a COAL style top up , as an ability to retain players.

Eddie was straight off against COLA, claiming it wasn't there for players to employ 4 maids. Matthew Lloyd chimed in with the non-no of signing Buddy, due to COLA.

Eddie , then used the example of Sydney and its young recruits as a reason that COLA is not needed... just recruit young players.

Moving on from COLA... A lot of talk of Don Pyke and how much he has already brought to Sydney

Mention of GWS asking the AFL for a COAL style top up , as an ability to retain players.

Eddie was straight off against COLA, claiming it wasn't there for players to employ 4 maids. Matthew Lloyd chimed in with the non-no of signing Buddy, due to COLA.

Eddie , then used the example of Sydney and its young recruits as a reason that COLA is not needed... just recruit young players.

Moving on from COLA... A lot of talk of Don Pyke and how much he has already brought to Sydney
We don't need COLA if we have academies. They're both there to serve the same purpose. Glad to hear Eddie has come around

Last edited:

Great, Eddie, we'll keep our Academy then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross Lyon also thinks The Chad is an academy product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawthorn must have been aware how good a kick he was

I remember being frequently hounded for suggesting a bid for Campbell could come in the top five in the lead up to the draft last year. The idea of the best kick in the draft pool going in the top 5 seemed inconceivable to many people. You can't put a price on foot skills.

01APR21: Swans kids v Ports/The Roar
The comparisons to the Port draftees of 2018 continue... FWIW I think it's a silly comparison. Rozee, Butters and Duursma have played a combined 113 games. McDonald, Campbell and Gulden have played 6, but have at it!

The comparisons to the Port draftees of 2018 continue... FWIW I think it's a silly comparison. Rozee, Butters and Duursma have played a combined 113 games. McDonald, Campbell and Gulden have played 6, but have at it!

TBH comparisons of value, as opposed to specific skills, are a waste of time. These are all good kids, working their roles in good systems. So what if one is 2% better than another?

TBH comparisons of value, as opposed to specific skills, are a waste of time. These are all good kids, working their roles in good systems. So what if one is 2% better than another?

Port senior core is also performing significantly better than ours that makes a colossal difference to young players.

02APR21:Swans History - Rising Stars/Swans Website
History of our rising stars !!!!

Gulden, Campbell and 12 current team mates

There’s Sam Reid, Isaac Heeney, Tom Papley, Will Hayward and Ben Ronke among the forwards, Jake Lloyd, Harry Cunningham and Lewis Melican in the defenders, and Callum Mills, Ollie Florent, Nick Blakey and Justin McInerney among the midfielders.

There’s also three players who were nominated at opposition clubs – Lance Franklin, Ryan Clarke and 2012 overall winner Lewis Taylor – plus backline coach Ben Mathews and Academy coach Jared Crouch.

The award has been won by Adam Goodes in 1999, Dan Hannebery in 2010 and Callum Mills in 2016.

Swans have had 13 other players figure in the final vote count since full voting was made public in 1997.

Stefan Carey was equal 2nd and Troy Cook equal 7th in 1997, Jude Bolton 6th in 2000, Tadhg Kennelly equal 8th in 2002, Adam Schneider 5th in 003, Bevan equal 4th in 2004, Reid 6th in 2011, Mitchell equal 4th in 2013, Cunningham 8th in 2014, Heeney 4th behind Jesse Hogan, Patrick Cripps and Dom Sheed in 2015, Melican equal 7th in 2017, Florent equal 5th in 2018 and Blakey 8th in 2019.

02APR21: Swans Talk/Footy on Nine
Talking about coaching influences in the Swans. I do wonder how Don Pyke feels living in a place where he can be practically anonymous and just get down & do his job.

I do wonder how Don Pyke feels living in a place where he can be practically anonymous and just get down & do his job.
He was quoted briefly about it recently.
I reckon the Adelaide fishbowl would be the hardest off-field environment in the AFL.

(Pyke) is enjoying "quite refreshing" relative anonymity in Sydney as Longmire's right-hand man.
"It's just a very different environment," Pyke said.
"You see the players are able to come in, do their work then go out and just live their life."

interview with Horse about the richmond game

That was good. I knew they'd ask the stupid question about the game last year but it's irrelevant this season and it was played in a swamp.

Longmire deserves a lot of credit so far. Not only for chasing Pyke so early but also for daring to change our style so dramatically even before we were really ready to execute it. I’m sure he knew we’d cop losses and finish bottom 4-6 but he was prepared to stick with it until the group was ready.

It’s working beautifully and even if we don’t get 20 goals against Richmond I’d be happy with 14 goals if it’s still a close contest and we’re giving ourselves a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back