News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

Can someone get this article open for me.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I tried opening it for you in 'Outline' but brings up 'not supported'.

Mainly same old, same old in the article;
Basically Sydney went after Ladhams, Port said no, McCartin move down back meant Aliir potentially available,Port asked the question, Sydney needed another ruck so AA out, Hickey in.
Everybody at Port really happy with Aliir.

One area that the article pushes the boat out on is;
(The Advertiser) was told by one source that the Swans salary cap issue, while not as public .... was worse than the Magpies.

Which considering we replaced one player with another is somewhat hard to believe.
I'm more likely to believe Beatson, as quoted in the article;
"....you’ve got to give something up to get something"
“That deal with Port was a deal that was going to enable us to get Tom Hickey in, which was a priority for us.”

Basically Sydney went after Ladhams, Port said no, McCartin move down back meant Aliir potentially available,Port asked the question, Sydney needed another ruck so AA out, Hickey in.

Which considering we replaced one player with another is somewhat hard to believe.

Thanks, that’s the context I wanted re the salary cap.

You wonder where this rubbish comes from.

Thats a bit of a dampener who the heck are the whales soaking up all the cash :grin:

Tedeski dont even say anything lol.

04APR21: Swans strategy over Tigers/The Age
Cornes shows how Kennedy & Parker played Dusty in the middle.

I know he can be a bit of a tool but I don't mind Cornes as he isn't afraid to say what he thinks about football, even if the opinion is controversial.

I remember when he said the Jesaulenko mark wasn't that impressive and the media lost their minds. The problem is, Cornes was right.

Good analysis by Gleeson of how we made the Tiges defenders individually accountable. Planning and execution. And pressure at the contest. He also picked up how we blunted Martin, not with a hard tag, but pressuring him away from where he wanted to be. Noted Hewett too, though not by name. Worth a read.

Thanks, that’s the context I wanted re the salary cap.

You wonder where this rubbish comes from.

Any truth at all and we will be trying to trade out contracted players and/or losing some of these below.

Absolutes:

Dawson - big money
Hewett - maybe trade or fair money
McCartin - big money
Parker - maybe a but lower then last contract
Stephens - fair money
Warner - fair money
Wicks - fair money

Likely's:

McLean - cheap
Reid - cheaper now
Ling (I hope) - cheap

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

I know he can be a bit of a tool but I don't mind Cornes as he isn't afraid to say what he thinks about football, even if the opinion is controversial.

I remember when he said the Jesaulenko mark wasn't that impressive and the media lost their minds. The problem is, Cornes was right.
I remember we were playing well early 2018, and he said we weren't a top team. I think we lost 6 of the next 8ish.

I don't always like him, but he does have his moments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone watching the ‘First Crack’ on FOXTEL now?

David King with some good analysis on the tweak to our structure to suit how we want to play and the new rules.

Also some fantastic footage down the ground of Papley giving it to Baker after the Heeney goal in the second quarter and the effect the mental side of the game can have on the flow and outcome with Warner’s goal next.

David King with some good analysis on the tweak to our structure to suit how we want to play and the new rules.

Also some fantastic footage down the ground of Papley giving it to Baker after the Heeney goal in the second quarter and the effect the mental side of the game can have on the flow and outcome with Warner’s goal next.

And how many flags has Baker got , means s**t and King is still no good.

I thought it was pretty awesome actually, shows you how shaken up Richmond was.

Interesting what morris said as well, Richmond will be prepared next time. Looking forward to seeing how teams adapt to us through the year.

05APR21: Buddys return & Parker/ The Age
Budd's return on Thursday night and a chat with Luke Parker

Bedford who is soaking up all our cap! if its even true.

(The Advertiser) was told by one source that the Swans salary cap issue, while not as public .... was worse than the Magpies.
Literally cannot be worse if we are not pushing players out who actively want to stay

Bedford who is soaking up all our cap! if its even true.

Maybe this should be in the contracts thread. But does anyone know if there was truth to this??

Jake Niall wrote a great piece 2 weeks ago analysing all the clubs contract status’.

was well informed and well researched.

swans were one of only two clubs where he felt he didn’t have enough info to report cap status....

I mean sure the $1.5m buddy helps/ but surely we planned for that...

what did we do with the 7% cut?? I can’t remember any club statement like eagles or anything.

05APR21: Tom Harley interview/SEN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back