News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

10MAY21: Horse Talks about impact on Soft cap cuts/The Age
I have a question for you all.

In the instances that Horse holds a press interview like he did today - which is on the clubs website - do you want these links posted here? I'm aware that some people may miss these on the website.

Probably not as it's there every week , i always thought it's for things most mightn't pick up , like interviews on sports radio. That's not a knock as i love your work.

Allir on SEN at the moment. Still talks to mates at the Bloods.

Reiterated it was a decision based on one year v a four year offer.

Talking about his involvement with young Sudanese and kids from different backgrounds. He just always seems a decent young person.

11MAY21: Tom Hickey interview/Swans Website
Tom Hickey press conference 😍
Tom is one who likes to train throughout the week, but at moment he does *not* join the the team training early in the week but does on Thursdays.

Respects that Gawn and Grundy are the premier rucks but they are different in their styles.

:heart: how Tom keeps saying "wanting to do his best".
He mentions another doctor, Sharon, at the club who has a rugby background

A 'battler' no more, resilient Swan hits career-best form

Last edited:
Rats calling SEN trying to lag Rampe in or a spear tackle on Langdon , can anyone get it up . Can't remember anything being there

If you are standing over someone with your legs squashed together against the head in a head lock, you are going to cop it.

Won’t even be looked at as the contact was initiated by the Melbourne player.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there was a hypothetical organisation whose role was to look after Aussie Rules (The rules, grass roots etc).

Who would you want to be on the board of this organisation?
I would like some people from the grassroots level. People with a long history of involvements with grassroots footy. The other people I would like to see are development officers from the AFL clubsto be represented. This would mould the whole development process because as any development officer/manager knows strong grassroots footy makes for stronger AFL footy.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would like some people from the grassroots level. People with a long history of involvements with grassroots footy. The other people I would like to see are development officers from the AFL clubsto be represented. This would mould the whole development process because as any development officer/manager knows strong grassroots footy makes for stronger AFL footy.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'll put my hand up

That's good of 7 to cut the footage. The full length video I saw on instagram has the crowd clearly saying that the grub had constantly been punching Rampe's hand prior. When you pause the video Rampe is on hands and knees and this campaigner is standing with his groin over/on Rampe's head. Highly suspect the AFL is aware the Melbourne player was being a dick and know if they tried to follow up Rampe, they would then have to pour through the footage and suspend the Melbourne player for his actions too.

Ticky009 does this belong in the media thread?

I'm thinking probably no, or maybe, not often. Pictures of training & recovery are probably more likely to be posted into the Preview threads as we get busy working out the current 'code' via who is wearing what coloured vest :tongueoutv1:

But there's certainly no hard & fast rules about it, this thread is for the entire board to post & participate in and as GotTheGoodes said the other day

As crappy as the Swans website is (who's to blame... the Swans, the AFL, both??)
They've finally updated the player profiles. Kind of interesting?
Errol is officially a short ass at 176cm
Stephens has put on 7 kg since last year
Gould is a beast at 100kg
McCartin is becoming a beast having put on 6kg and now ways 95kg
Barry OConnor - 193cm 93kg

As crappy as the Swans website is (who's to blame... the Swans, the AFL, both??)
They've finally updated the player profiles. Kind of interesting?
Errol is officially a short ass at 176cm
Stephens has put on 7 kg since last year
Gould is a beast at 100kg
McCartin is becoming a beast having put on 6kg and now ways 95kg
Barry OConnor - 193cm 93kg

Even though Errol is relatively short, he looks to have wide shoulders for his frame. It's similar to JPK.

13MAY21: Swanstalk/AFL Website
Some further interest for some of you over the weekend if Port name Sam Hayes. He was the ruckman we were after as part of the Aliir trade with Port.

Some further interest for some of you over the weekend if Port name Sam Hayes. He was the ruckman we were after as part of the Aliir trade with Port.
I don't think the reporter is correct. At the time I remember it was reported to be Peter Ladhams we were chasing.

Wanting a ruckman, Sydney was understood to have asked about Scott Lycett and Peter Ladhams, but was rejected.

I can't find any reference on us being interested in Hayes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back