News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

16JAN21: Your club's best defender
He said we’d be in the logjam of teams from 6-14 trying to get into the 8. I think a decent run with injury will have us closer to 6 than 14.

Even without Buddy.
Hope so, I suspect all teams rate their youngsters. Dont think we are infront of GC for example, oozing top picks in that side.

20JAN21: East Coast VFL
First round of players in our East Coast VFL team have been revealed. A few notable names include Jake Bartholomaeus (won the MVP Award in the NEAFL in 2019), Ben Silvagni (former Carlton player and brother of Jack), and Sam Thorne (academy kid who was on the draft radar last year)

First round of players in our East Coast VFL team have been revealed. A few notable names include Jake Bartholomaeus (won the MVP Award in the NEAFL in 2019), Ben Silvagni (former Carlton player and brother of Jack), and Sam Thorne (academy kid who was on the draft radar last year)

Happy to see Sam Thorne, in particular, get a guernsey.
Previously would probably have been lost to a state league team (eg SANFL), so a real benefit of the new comp that he can stay at home and still play at that level.

Luke Parker coming up on SEN soon

22JAN21: New Roles and Rowbottom
I wouldn't call it an new role given he went down back a bit last year.

Great article in Players Voice by Rowbottom

A future leader IMO.exudes hard work. Knows what it takes to get it done.

26JAN21: Don Pyke

Talks about the pressures of the AFL industry, "sometimes it’s almost like a week-to-week that swings the pendulum”, his role focusing "heavily on strategy and opposition" and his admiration of the Swans "as a club built on the things that make successful clubs work."

I really like Pyke's appointment.
Offers a different, but complimentary skill set to Longmire and also provides a background as a senior coach.
As Pyke says “Hopefully I can help John, having walked in his shoes, to share experience, to say ‘can I do this, or that, or take that off you,’ to allow him the space to be the best coach he can be,” which should benefit the club as a whole.

26JAN21: Goodesy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

27JAN21: Coach's Priorities & Bolton on Concussions

I remember that game where Bolton was basically stumbling backwards on jelly legs and played on. It took weeks for him to be effective on field again.

I am old school and from the get up, dust yourself off and get back into it mindset. It still very much exists at grass roots level as you can't convince some guys they shouldn't return.

However, lately I've been thinking very different about it and the effects it can have on some (not all) people. Bolton always comes to mind and "off topic a bit" the wrestler that killed his family, reported as roid rage but he would land on his head onto opponents constantly and I believe concussions played a part.

I remember that game where Bolton was basically stumbling backwards on jelly legs and played on. It took weeks for him to be effective on field again.

I am old school and from the get up, dust yourself off and get back into it mindset. It still very much exists at grass roots level as you can't convince some guys they shouldn't return.

However, lately I've been thinking very different about it and the effects it can have on some (not all) people. Bolton always comes to mind and "off topic a bit" the wrestler that killed his family, reported as roid rage but he would land on his head onto opponents constantly and I believe concussions played a part.

Chris Benoit.

The whole thing was a (preventable imo) tragedy.

28JAN21: Predictions - rise, fall, hold
28JAN21: Blakey Interview
I wouldn't call it an new role given he went down back a bit last year.

Interesting that they think Aliir will have to work to break into the Port backline. Aliir plays his best football as a floating spare defender. He may be flexible enough to slot into a number of other roles but he's never been more than average in them. Struggles when he's held accountable. It'll be interesting to see how Port use him and how we approach him when we play Port.

I always like coming up against our former players (as long as we win). Usually I hope they play well, except for Tom Mitchell who's a mouthy little prick.

Interesting that they think Aliir will have to work to break into the Port backline. Aliir plays his best football as a floating spare defender. He may be flexible enough to slot into a number of other roles but he's never been more than average in them. Struggles when he's held accountable. It'll be interesting to see how Port use him and how we approach him when we play Port.

I always like coming up against our former players (as long as we win). Usually I hope they play well, except for Tom Mitchell who's a mouthy little prick.
AA will take over Westhoffs role. Fairly obvious I reckon. But I guess we'll see.

Blakey interview on SEN
Interviewed by Russell Barwick by the sounds of it filling in for Matt White.
He says he's a fan but jumped off us quickly once GWS got a stranglehold of the competition.
First question the fan boy asked was about Buddy.

A terrible interview from this bloke.

Interviewed by Russell Barwick by the sounds of it filling in for Matt White.
He says he's a fan but jumped off us quickly once GWS got a stranglehold of the competition.
First question the fan boy asked was about Buddy.

A terrible interview from this bloke.
He's a terrible bloke ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back