News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

13FEB21: Longmire AFL Website Covid impact on coaches
Horse is one of 3 coaches who talk about the impact of Covid on coaching. His response won't be a surprise because Horse has always championed mental health

I agree. Though If Melican and McCartin are taking the two monsters, Gould may take the third tall if Mills moves to the midfield. Then you may have Dominant Dawson and Rampant Rampe well free to give drive off half back. I remember Rampe playing in those silly preseason games with 7 players or whatever, he was rampant. He kicked 4 or so goals in no time. Absolutely destroyed the opposition with the freedom to run and kick. To my dismay they soon took him off and gave others a go. A Rampe without the burden of hard marking an opponent would be well worth the admission price. He is 189 and fast and smart and elusive and can kick it a mile.
Don't forget fantastic Fox. Foxy is the same size with similar athleticism to Rampe. Not as experienced but a little bit quicker. I'd love to see Fox given licence in a running rebounding role, using his speed to break the lines. Dawson could play a wing with Rampe and Fox (and LLoyd) clearing the opposition defence and setting up a fast rebound, while Dawson pinpoints targets in the corridor or hits up leads inside 50. Fox could also move onto a wing, dropping back or pushing forward as needed. He hits targets fine but I'm not sure how he'd go hitting targets with long kicks like Dawson does. Not many in the league have Dawson's kicking.

There's always a bit of grumbling about players being moved into a variety of positions, particularly in the earlier years, but having that versatility is one of the keys to winning the modern game. Not only are we beginning to assemble a talented squad of players, but they're also pretty versatile. Horse has plenty of options to move players, as and when he needs to.

Let's hope we have a good run with few injuries this year and we see some fierce competition for spots. I'd love to see guys like Heeney, Paps, Parker and Rampe listed as emergencies. It'd mean we've got 22 players on the field who are even better. Nice depth.

lol you have me here , too old for all that. Just like the old Big Footy
"Gosh darned lunatics in their new fangled horseless carriages" he muttered angrily, after staggering out of the pub and straight into the afternoon peak hour. "Whatever happened to men walking in front with red flags ?"

Don't forget fantastic Fox. Foxy is the same size with similar athleticism to Rampe. Not as experienced but a little bit quicker. I'd love to see Fox given licence in a running rebounding role, using his speed to break the lines. Dawson could play a wing with Rampe and Fox (and LLoyd) clearing the opposition defence and setting up a fast rebound, while Dawson pinpoints targets in the corridor or hits up leads inside 50. Fox could also move onto a wing, dropping back or pushing forward as needed. He hits targets fine but I'm not sure how he'd go hitting targets with long kicks like Dawson does. Not many in the league have Dawson's kicking.

There's always a bit of grumbling about players being moved into a variety of positions, particularly in the earlier years, but having that versatility is one of the keys to winning the modern game. Not only are we beginning to assemble a talented squad of players, but they're also pretty versatile. Horse has plenty of options to move players, as and when he needs to.

Let's hope we have a good run with few injuries this year and we see some fierce competition for spots. I'd love to see guys like Heeney, Paps, Parker and Rampe listed as emergencies. It'd mean we've got 22 players on the field who are even better. Nice depth.
I always see him as First Cab of the Rank Fox. I like that we have him. Plays anywhere. At 28 he is not the future and that is his only problem. I love him as a player. If we have injuries we have Fox. And we will always have injuries.:(

I look at the Swans website very occasionally. You look at a players profile. You read it. Then you realise it is one or two years old.
Harley can take some blame IMO. He can share some of it.
If I was a young kid aspiring to be a Swan I would soon learn not to go to the Swans website for up to date anything.
If you were a young kid, you wouldn't be going to the website in the first place... and I have rung the Swans to complain previously, and be advised that it's run by the AFL...

And lastly, how many people have been put off to keep the AFL afloat? Perhaps they were the people who went...

If you were a young kid, you wouldn't be going to the website in the first place... and I have rung the Swans to complain previously, and be advised that it's run by the AFL...

And lastly, how many people have been put off to keep the AFL afloat? Perhaps they were the people who went...
If I was a young kid I would go to the Swans in the first instance. Then I would only check back occasionally in the HOPE some turns up of interst.

14FEB21: Tom Papley Herald Sun
Jude Bolton , along with Nick Reiwoldt have been added to the AA selection panel . The flog Luke Darcy off as e's a director at Footscray

(Log in to remove this ad.)

17FEB21: Gould, McDonald, Campbell Fox Sports

We’ve unveiled an eight-man leadership group for the upcoming season......Josh Kennedy, Luke Parker and Dane Rampe will remain co-captains for the third consecutive year.
They’re again joined by Callum Mills and Lance Franklin, along with three new additions: Tom Papley, Harry Cunningham, and dual Bob Skilton Medallist, Jake Lloyd.

Good to see Paps back in the Leadership Group and congrats to Harry & Jake.

Dyl Stephens on SEN Sydney.. Podcast on Swans website.
Not sure who the interviewer was, but it was the worst interview i think Ive ever heard. Poor Dyl Stehens.

Says something about AFL / media / Sydney.. and its not good!

Dyl Stephens on SEN Sydney.. Podcast on Swans website.
Not sure who the interviewer was, but it was the worst interview i think Ive ever heard. Poor Dyl Stehens.

Says something about AFL / media / Sydney.. and its not good!

I listened to it too. Clearly had no interest in Stephens or the Swans. Spent more time lamenting the Richmond game last year than talking about anything of substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back