Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Dyl Stephens on SEN Sydney.. Podcast on Swans website.
Not sure who the interviewer was, but it was the worst interview i think Ive ever heard. Poor Dyl Stehens.

Says something about AFL / media / Sydney.. and its not good!
On a brighter note..
the most recent conversations with Cal podcast was pretty good.. Nick Davis joins and they interview Harry Cunningham. Cunningham has a few more strings to his bow than i thought.. all goes well for his new leadership role. They speak pretty highly of how well Ling is going too.
LRT makes a special appearance in the last 5 minutes

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney

PETER Ladhams has had two significant wake-up calls in his journey from a dreadlocked and laconic junior footballer to a valuable AFL ruck/forward who runs out each week with the word 'combative' at the front of his mind.

The first came in 2016 when his manager told him to call Sydney recruiter Kinnear Beatson for some feedback on what he needed to do to be drafted. He was told he needed to switch on, train hard, and be professional.

Interesting, to me at least, how often we see Beatson quoted in articles giving straightforward advice to potential draftees.
It's not something I recall mentioned about recruiters from other clubs.

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I always see him as First Cab of the Rank Fox. I like that we have him. Plays anywhere. At 28 he is not the future and that is his only problem. I love him as a player. If we have injuries we have Fox. And we will always have injuries.:(
He's 27. Started later, will play another 4-5 years at least. I think he'll cement best 22 this year

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
On a brighter note..
the most recent conversations with Cal podcast was pretty good.. Nick Davis joins and they interview Harry Cunningham. Cunningham has a few more strings to his bow than i thought.. all goes well for his new leadership role. They speak pretty highly of how well Ling is going too.
LRT makes a special appearance in the last 5 minutes

Anyone know what the god that is LRT is doing with himself these days? I am guessing he is dating supermodels and working on new forms of power storage which will revolutionise the world?

Not really gossiping given O'Loughlin is trying to get on the Swans board right now. It is a genuine discussion. Do we want someone like O'Loughlin on the board?

Yes. He's clearly a force of good in the footy world.

There's a former players thread if you want to speculate about other stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
MOL by running for a position on our board (which in all likelihood has been given the green light by both the club and the AFL and isn't a challenge to an existing board member) opens the discussion as to what his suitability to sit on the club's board both from a professional standpoint (ie. what does he bring to the table business-wise) and moral standpoint.

Clearly, the club believes that he is suitable to run and sit on the board but there are questions over his past which has never been answered fully. I think he would be a great board member but we can't sit here as a supporter base and cheer the pile on Eddie and then allow MOL to join the board with this question mark against his name without seeking answers to long-running questions.

MOL by running for a position on our board (which in all likelihood has been given the green light by both the club and the AFL and isn't a challenge to an existing board member) opens the discussion as to what his suitability to sit on the club's board both from a professional standpoint (ie. what does he bring to the table business-wise) and moral standpoint.

Clearly, the club believes that he is suitable to run and sit on the board but there are questions over his past which has never been answered fully. I think he would be a great board member but we can't sit here as a supporter base and cheer the pile on Eddie and then allow MOL to join the board with this question mark against his name without seeking answers to long-running questions.

What questions though? He said his piece, maintained his innocence, and was never charged.

Non-story IMO.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
RUNVS & caesar88 unless there's a relevant current media article about MOL on the topic your discussing then please move it to the Former player thread.

Here is the article on O'Loughlin running for a position on the board

19FEB21: Paddy McCartin AFL Website/Fox
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
19FEB21: Rising Star & Upcoming Mid SEN/Fox Footy
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm tempted to call these sort of articles soundbites or something. Not sure yet, the articles aren't full features like the one above on McCartin...I'm up for suggestions.

The SEN one read pretty true for McInerney, even though he is not a lock for best 22.
The Fox one was complete rubbish.
So my suggestion is "Not worth your time".

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
What questions though? He said his piece, maintained his innocence, and was never charged.

Non-story IMO.
He contributed to the settlement of a rape case and was named directly by the victim as being present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back