Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

22FEB21: Generation Next Analysis Swans/Footyology
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
22FEB: Clubs Burning Questions/Lazy bites/Fox Sports
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
22FEB21: Daniher talks Swans/ SEN
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
I'd have though McInerney deserved a shout out for an article like this but alas, it was not to be

I agree, thought McInerney's progression at the end of last season, along with Mcartin's in defence were the especially promising signs from our younger players.
However pleasing to see Dean Cox nominate Mathew Ling as one of the four. Be good for him to have a clear run to at least give him a chance to claim a spot in the seniors.

You would be moving heaven and earth to sign pretty much the best player (Dusty) in the league no matter the contract. Sure it might be bad when he turns 36 for example, but you do it. If he gives us 2 premierships within the next 5 years, we would be saying well done.

Worked well with Franklin (then the best player in the league)

JackSwans

Head Scout
Jan 12, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Dustin Martin at the Swans is silly. Yeah he's a good player but he doesn't align with what we're trying to build at the club, not to mention our "No Dickhead" policy, and if we're being honest, he's a bit of a dickhead... Gut feel says that would be such a waste of salary considering what we are trying to do with our squad, I also think his personality would unsettle our squad... Leave him to be a Richmond great, he's not Sydney material.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Dustin Martin at the Swans is silly. Yeah he's a good player but he doesn't align with what we're trying to build at the club, not to mention our "No Dickhead" policy, and if we're being honest, he's a bit of a dickhead... Gut feel says that would be such a waste of salary considering what we are trying to do with our squad, I also think his personality would unsettle our squad... Leave him to be a Richmond great, he's not Sydney material.
How do you know what he's like ffs

Peter Bedford coming up on SEN , still played cricket on the weekend and took 1/20 off 7 overs, what a sporting legend

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
I mean Dusty is amazing, but I wouldn't really want him imo.
Maybe at this very moment, sure, but at 33-34, I mean we're all complaining about buddy's decline, but at least we had for some of his best footy. Would only get Dusty on the decline.

Maybe a Hodgesque deal, but I'm not really sure what he would add, unless we're still garbage in 3 years.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
I mean Dusty is amazing, but I wouldn't really want him imo.
Maybe at this very moment, sure, but at 33-34, I mean we're all complaining about buddy's decline, but at least we had for some of his best footy. Would only get Dusty on the decline.

Maybe a Hodgesque deal, but I'm not really sure what he would add, unless we're still garbage in 3 years.
General Discussion ?

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back