Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Tom Papley special guest tonight on Racing .com at 8pm 529 on Foxtel

Deccas

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
What? It super does.

They designate various sections of the field based in the percentage of shots that turn out to be goals in each section, and then compare the expected goals vs the oppositions to get a sense of how well they are playing.

Of course no one is ever exactly on the expected wins figure, but really big gaps between what you'd expect and what's happened indicate either bad luck which you'd expect to change, or some other factor that you need to identify with the eye.

A team that over a season has more actual wins or losses than what you'd expect using this method is likely to revert back to the mean.

You should checkout the hurlingpeople website. Swans supporters writing about footy from a stats framework that's super enjoyable and illuminating
Pythagorean makes sense in Baseball, it shouldn't be applied to AFL though

On Nokia 7.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

24FEB21: Preseason Changes AFL Website & others
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Last edited:
24FEB21: Braeden Campbell SEN
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Didnt know where to post this or even if has already been posted, but as the Swans website is technically media here can do for now...anyone notice Sam Reids picture in the squad section of the website...looks very like a certain GWS player by the same name.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Didnt know where to post this or even if has already been posted, but as the Swans website is technically media here can do for now...anyone notice Sam Reids picture in the squad section of the website...looks very like a certain GWS player by the same name.
Under Player Profiles- its the correct picture. Not sure where else you're looking at.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

The above is a paywall link to the Australian...title is self-explanatory.

A concern if it is true.
Can't see what they're on about at the moment. I'm still looking for the actual official rule book wording of the rule. This is the closest I can find

Under the new rule this year a player on the mark must not move laterally, backwards or forwards even a step once the umpire has called ‘stand’ and a new five-metre exclusion zone for teammates and the opposition is created around the player with the ball.

The only thing I can think of is when Buddy comes around the back of a player and receives handball and when he does so he's usually within the 5 metre exclusion zone. Which means he can't do it anymore....but neither can anyone else in the league. Click bait article it feels like.

2021 launch

Braeden Campbell the only player not in the leadership group at the event
Swans Campbell.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Ticky forget Fox . Ted Richards is just on SEN with Andy and Bob telling a great story about Buddy and Mory , you have to listen.

DavyRed

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Gould, Stephens and Campbell all ahead of Mills I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apparently Mills isn’t even good enough to be considered “on the brink”, although someone I can only assume is a brand new player we’ve just signed up (because I’ve never heard of him) called “Harry Wicks” is. Good to know!

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Ticky forget Fox . Ted Richards is just on SEN with Andy and Bob telling a great story about Buddy and Mory , you have to listen.

Love the story. Also just a heads up for anyone, on SEN the story does not begin until after the 6 minute mark.

I really hope that nickname went to St Kilda with Membrey. I can also imgine Membrey not correcting Buddy as Membrey was a 19 year old kid and Buddy was, well Buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back