News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

05APR21: Sam Reid interview/SEN
I feel like he is becoming a playmaker and opposition teams will be looking to shut him down... this is a big call from me but he might be as important to us as Jetta was in his prime.
Yeh, but...can they lock down Ollie, and Jordan Dawson, and Mills, and Errol, and Chad and Luke and... It ends up being one on one. And generally, we're good at that!

one of the best things about the Swansthis year.. We have options Everywhere!!! hard to defend

Yep last night it felt like Errol got off the chain and then they put the clamps on him somewhat, but then Papley came alive in the second half. Then last week it was Wicks. We have a lot of players who aren't just good at doing a role, but who can be genuine weapons too.

We have a lot of players who aren't just good at doing a role, but who can be genuine weapons too.

That I think is the key difference between our old and new style. I can remember McInerney's first game where he got a handball. I recall him making position many times but being burnt by jpk, Parker and the old heads. He got dumped on by all and sundry.

I think McVeigh in the coaching ranks has been a powerful agent that Pyke has helped with. It is different now. Last week Wicks (the old style role player) took 12 marks coz he was the free player. Yes people have roles but they are the target when freed up.

09APR21: Academy Positives/AFL Website
Who knew, the academies are now supplying 11.2% of the talent, up from 8.5% in 2012. It's like, they're actually doing what they were designed to do.

Please make note of the teams they play for, like the Tigers & Carlton, and don't hesitate to call it out:sneaky::whistle:

Who knew, the academies are now supplying 11.2% of the talent, up from 8.5% in 2012. It's like, they're actually doing what they were designed to do.

Please make note of the teams they play for, like the Tigers & Carlton, and don't hesitate to call it out:sneaky::whistle:

Timely bit of PR there. I hope that's a sign that the AFL is committed to the process and won't bend to the hysteria.

The more I think about it the more irritating it is, even if it is a good thing that we’re giving them something to worry about.

If the umpires all of a sudden are watching us closer than any other team it just proves yet again how easily they pander to the Victorian coaches/media. I hope anyone who was giving him credit after saying we’re "Richmond like" is now seeing what a petulant little snake he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Without intending to rain on your parade...

Top level umpires are just like players, they have good days and bad days... they make their calls from ground level with numerous players in the way, and often on the run! Sure we might have a week or two when 'is the ball travelling 15' is in the back of their minds, but they rely on their experience & judgement to call this, and sometimes they get it wrong. It won't impact us at all... a few frees might go against us, but this will be evened up by all the holding calls we get with opposition trying to slow us down!

Keep in mind our view of the field mostly from a minimum 30-45 degree angle TV angle... completely different to theirs, and which changes our perception of the length the ball travelled.

Without intending to rain on your parade...

Top level umpires are just like players, they have good days and bad days... they make their calls from ground level with numerous players in the way, and often on the run! Sure we might have a week or two when 'is the ball travelling 15' is in the back of their minds, but they rely on their experience & judgement to call this, and sometimes they get it wrong. It won't impact us at all... a few frees might go against us, but this will be evened up by all the holding calls we get with opposition trying to slow us down!

Keep in mind our view of the field mostly from a minimum 30-45 degree angle TV angle... completely different to theirs, and which changes our perception of the length the ball travelled.
Very true. At the SCG I sit (with my adult offspring) in Row E which gives almost perfect ground level aspect. Really changes how you see things. Bud laid a tackle Q1 in front of us. I thought the Bomber was going to dump a load. That man can be VERY scary.
I thought Thursday's umps were pretty erratic but made the observation on the night that with so much going on all the time there are lots of opportunities to get it wrong. It's only the really obvious ones, like Dawson's legging, that annoy me. Annoy, not furious.

Very true. At the SCG I sit (with my adult offspring) in Row E which gives almost perfect ground level aspect. Really changes how you see things. Bud laid a tackle Q1 in front of us. I thought the Bomber was going to dump a load. That man can be VERY scary.
I thought Thursday's umps were pretty erratic but made the observation on the night that with so much going on all the time there are lots of opportunities to get it wrong. It's only the really obvious ones, like Dawson's legging, that annoy me. Annoy, not furious.
Very true, that legging, a few head highs both ways... and probably numerous others can be really frustrating.

But they are absolutely bound to happen... supporters find them much more frustrating that players I reckon...

Very true, that legging, a few head highs both ways... and probably numerous others can be really frustrating.

But they are absolutely bound to happen... supporters find them much more frustrating that players I reckon...
We had a great angle to see Rampe's touch on Tipungwuti's almost goal. Better than the goal umpire! Rampe was very respectful in his "you picked up the touch surely". Ump went straight to the replay. How it's done.

McGuire having snide digs on Classified. Straight out suggests the AFL is funding our academy without anyone pulling him up on it. When Ross Lyon points out how good the academy is for the game, McGuire changes tack and makes another smartarse comment " see you don't need CoLA, you can do it with kids." Yet you watch him try and get the academy removed. He is a dead set Trump-like lying campaigner.
Hi all, its important to remember that JAM TV produces Footy Classified. Eddie McGuire is Chairman of JAM TV. He's basically sitting in with his employees when he appears on this show. Make of that what you will when it comes to show 'debate' on Eddie's comments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Timely bit of PR there. I hope that's a sign that the AFL is committed to the process and won't bend to the hysteria.

I wonder how much hysteria there actually is and if it's mainly just the morons on the main board.

McGuire having snide digs on Classified. Straight out suggests the AFL is funding our academy without anyone pulling him up on it. When Ross Lyon points out how good the academy is for the game, McGuire changes tack and makes another smartarse comment " see you don't need CoLA, you can do it with kids." Yet you watch him try and get the academy removed. He is a dead set Trump-like lying campaigner.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story. I thought that the Foundation and Academy are bankrolled by people like Stewart Gull.

McGuire is off on the wrong tangent. The northern academies are gradually increasing the talent pool, which will benefit all clubs.

It would be a lot easier if the Swans just drafted players from the traditional football states, which would happen if McGuire has his way. Then he would be complaining about us drafting too many Victorians.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story. I thought that the Foundation and Academy are bankrolled by people like Stewart Gull.

McGuire is off on the wrong tangent. The northern academies are gradually increasing the talent pool, which will benefit all clubs.

It would be a lot easier if the Swans just drafted players from the traditional football states, which would happen if McGuire has his way. Then he would be complaining about us drafting too many Victorians.

McGuire is just a fat selfish racist tool.

I think he’s suffering from a self inflicted loss of his marbles, which brings out those prejudices.

He lives in a deluded world where he thinks he is immune to outside forces. Then reality hits like a Gorilla. Then he is contrite. Next day he is a racist. Next day he is on leave, Next day is a historic day for Collingwood.

09Apr21: Swans win/ESPN
I feel this article is more than a little disingenuous. COVID put a mockery on all our home ground attendances last year, feels a bit like never get the truth in way of great story.

I feel this article is more than a little disingenuous. COVID put a mockery on all our home ground attendances last year, feels a bit like never get the truth in way of great story.

You're too kind Ticky009

'Journo' is a w***er.

Among them were many lapsed fans, dusting off the 2011 members caps and Adam Goodes' No. 37 guernsey, drawn to the prime time lights with the promise of a winning team.

EDIT; Been stewing on this for close to the last hour.
So I'll just add I'm a Melbourne based supporter and this whole Sydney fanbase is fickle and will drop off if we have a downturn narrative gives me the shits.
We have an established and passionate Sydney based membership that is as rusted on as any we have.
Bloody annoying lazy ill-informed 'journalism'.

Last edited:

Well that article makes us look bad.. Buddy is a attraction i get that the club is trying to maximise home ground attendances giving we lost millions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back