News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

Not trying to start a blue or anything but I feel it’s important to point these sort of things out.
Why would Daisy Duck be more derogatory than Daffy?
It’s not a big deal and I’m not doubting your treatment of women, but it does suggest the female to be of less value and that is something we should all be trying to right.
Oh my god

Not trying to start a blue or anything but I feel it’s important to point these sort of things out.
It’s not a big deal and I’m not doubting your treatment of women, but it does suggest the female to be of less value and that is something we should all be trying to right.
You’d be fun to hangout with at parties.

Honestly not sure the AFL would allow a player to take the field if he refused to wear anything below the waist.

It'd be a whole new ball game.

I'll see myself out.

Hate it when people pick low hanging fruit

13APR21: Rampe/AFL website
13APR21: McCartin cops a whack/Fox Sports
13APR21: Longmire & Cameron talk Derby XX/Swans website

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should one's like this be in general discussion , as it's one to debate and not really media. Ticks
Sorry Bedders, anything that's in the online media about the Swans goes into the media thread. With the exception of Past Players which has a defined purpose & history of posted articles.

My best suggestion is look at the Threadmarks - if it has Lazybits as part of the the threadmark- then its part of a general article which features all teams inclusive of the swans. That tag was specifically created for exactly those type of articles so readers of this thread could decide whether or not to read:)

13APR21: Dane Rampe/AFL Website
Dane Rampe - competitive beast

"To see what he pushes through, that's a great thing for our young guys. Just to see the ability he's able to play at, under those conditions, and continually put his hand up week after week with those injuries," Parker said about Rampe.
"He's a competitive beast. He hates missing football.
"He hasn't missed much since he started here, but unfortunately this will put him out for a couple of weeks."

Sorry Bedders, anything that's in the online media about the Swans goes into the media thread. With the exception of Past Players which has a defined purpose & history of posted articles.

My best suggestion is look at the Threadmarks - if it has Lazybits as part of the the threadmark- then its part of a general article which features all teams inclusive of the swans. That tag was specifically created for exactly those type of articles so readers of this thread could decide whether or not to read:)
Love your work , just hate it when the thread goes to general discussion

Firstly, Walt Disney's most well known waterfowl couple are known as Daisy Duck and Donald Duck, both centenarians and contemporaries of Mickey Mouse and Goofy. Daffy Duck is an entirely unrelated character from another reality, a creation of Warner Brothers and regular guest of Bugs Bunny, that much loved androgynous monotrophic vegan, known for the classic chat up line "Nyaaaah, what's up Doc ?"

Donald is involved in a romantic relationship with Daisy. He also seems to be the guardian of three nephews (ducklings) known as Huey, Dewey and Louie. He has a very rich uncle named Scrooge McDuck who is content to leave his nephew destitute. It would seem that Donald, or perhaps his father, dropped the Mc in the surname, or that Scrooge added the Mc to give himself a Scottish air.

Donald Duck is in a romantic relationship with Daisy Duck. Their intimate familiarity, while sharing the same surname, suggests that either i) The surname Duck is somewhat eponymous, and therefore a common family name, or ii) their relationship is an incestuous one. Perhaps one or other chooses to remain celibate and their relationship is purely platonic. Certainly Walt Disney and his successors never explicitly explore the sexual side of the relationship, if there ever was one. Perhaps that's best, as forced and unconsenting mating is the norm within the waterfowl family Anatidae.

If I must explain my choice of Daisy, rather than Donald, it was merely to achieve maximum impact from a visual put down. I set out to ridicule the journalist in question, taking my cue from the comment of Dubai Quacker (no pun intended) that the ESPN journalist might best serve his employer's interests by taking a role in a theme park. Dressing as a duck rarely fills one with a feeling of enhanced self-esteem, so I take your point that either character would have sufficed, though had I suggested he dress as Donald I fear I may have been accused of holding Donald's well known speech impediment or his state of perpetual penury up to ridicule.

While Donald Duck is typically portrayed in a smart sailor suit, Daisy is portayed with a pink ribbon, her feathers fluffed and essentially naked from the waist down, but for a pair of heels. I expect the journalist in question might feel more ridiculous wearing a pink ribbon than a sailor suit. I certainly would. I may, of course, be wrong. The journalist in question might be an aficionado of fluffy feathers, high heels and pink ribbons, who likes nothing more than to parade about in such regalia, either in private, at a theme park or at the sort of parties i rarely get invited to any more.

Now tell me, why do you feel you have a God-given right to demand to know my motives or to instruct me on how I should think, act or behave ? We're talking about a cartoon duck here, FFS. Your "the thought police" comments are not dissimilar to those who would censor for their religious beliefs. Perhaps in future you might hold back on the cancel culture. Making assumptions about my motives or those of others is not only rudely presumptive, it also rather killed the joke.

A few weeks late for this but still relevant. RoCo's rant about Swans coverage in the media

At 1:19:30, or -10:30

Last edited:
A few weeks late for this but still relevant. RoCo's rant about Swans coverage in the media

At 1:19:30

Are you sure you got that right ? It starts at -1:31:28 and finishes at 00:00:00. I was forced to listen to all sorts of rubbish, mostly about Richmond, but I found nothing about the Swans

At -1:19:30 they're talking about Carlton & Collingwood

Are you sure you got that right ? It starts at -1:31:28 and finishes at 00:00:00. I was forced to listen to all sorts of rubbish, mostly about Richmond, but I found nothing about the Swans

At -1:19:30 they're talking about Carlton & Collingwood

Ah, I was looking at counting up. If counting down its -10:30

Firstly, Walt Disney's most well known waterfowl couple are known as Daisy Duck and Donald Duck, both centenarians and contemporaries of Mickey Mouse and Goofy. Daffy Duck is an entirely unrelated character from another reality, a creation of Warner Brothers and regular guest of Bugs Bunny, that much loved androgynous monotrophic vegan, known for the classic chat up line "Nyaaaah, what's up Doc ?"

Donald is involved in a romantic relationship with Daisy. He also seems to be the guardian of three nephews (ducklings) known as Huey, Dewey and Louie. He has a very rich uncle named Scrooge McDuck who is content to leave his nephew destitute. It would seem that Donald, or perhaps his father, dropped the Mc in the surname, or that Scrooge added the Mc to give himself a Scottish air.

Donald Duck is in a romantic relationship with Daisy Duck. Their intimate familiarity, while sharing the same surname, suggests that either i) The surname Duck is somewhat eponymous, and therefore a common family name, or ii) their relationship is an incestuous one. Perhaps one or other chooses to remain celibate and their relationship is purely platonic. Certainly Walt Disney and his successors never explicitly explore the sexual side of the relationship, if there ever was one. Perhaps that's best, as forced and unconsenting mating is the norm within the waterfowl family Anatidae.

If I must explain my choice of Daisy, rather than Donald, it was merely to achieve maximum impact from a visual put down. I set out to ridicule the journalist in question, taking my cue from the comment of Dubai Quacker (no pun intended) that the ESPN journalist might best serve his employer's interests by taking a role in a theme park. Dressing as a duck rarely fills one with a feeling of enhanced self-esteem, so I take your point that either character would have sufficed, though had I suggested he dress as Donald I fear I may have been accused of holding Donald's well known speech impediment or his state of perpetual penury up to ridicule.

While Donald Duck is typically portrayed in a smart sailor suit, Daisy is portayed with a pink ribbon, her feathers fluffed and essentially naked from the waist down, but for a pair of heels. I expect the journalist in question might feel more ridiculous wearing a pink ribbon than a sailor suit. I certainly would. I may, of course, be wrong. The journalist in question might be an aficionado of fluffy feathers, high heels and pink ribbons, who likes nothing more than to parade about in such regalia, either in private, at a theme park or at the sort of parties i rarely get invited to any more.

Now tell me, why do you feel you have a God-given right to demand to know my motives or to instruct me on how I should think, act or behave ? We're talking about a cartoon duck here, FFS. Your "the thought police" comments are not dissimilar to those who would censor for their religious beliefs. Perhaps in future you might hold back on the cancel culture. Making assumptions about my motives or those of others is not only rudely presumptive, it also rather killed the joke.
This is a great waste of typing , this thread is about Swans in media , not a f ing Duck !

Why are you "not trying to start a blue", and trying to start a pink instead? Starting a blue seems only toxic masculinity and we should all be for improving the gender gap.

14APR21:Sam Wicks interview/Footy Yarn
Good interview with Slick Wicks on this podcast (skip to 39:08)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back