Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney

"If you're a midfielder you get 2 years to prove you can play but if you're a ruckman you get seven or eight to prove you can't" LOL
That was very funny. The kids looked like they did not know what was going on or how to react early. At the end of the session they were right into it. He worked well with the kids. He seems a humble class act.

16APR21: Himmelberg & Cunningham talk Derby/ALF Website
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
17APR21: Swans impact in Sydney/The Age

HPKS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
17APR21: Swans v Giants Match Reports/Multiple
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Read it. Absorb it and move on.

Last edited:
16APR21: Sam Wicks article/AFL Players
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney

“All of my mates play rugby, and I went to a big rugby union school,” he said. “Not many of my mates around me were playing much footy, but I think that’s where the Swans academy was really helpful for my development. "
:thumbsu:
Mentioned often by the academy players, but it doesn't make it any less relevant or important.

Saturday nights
Round 7 7:25 PM @ SCG Geelong :( :(
Round 8 7:25 PM @ MCG Melbourne

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
So 15 players have scored coaches votes across 5 rounds with 5 players 21 or under!

Leader Board for Swans

14 Tom Hickey SYD
13 Callum Mills SYD
10 Sam Wicks SYD
10 Luke Parker SYD
9 Errol Gulden (SYD)
9 Lance Franklin (SYD)
8 Sam Reid (SYD)
5 Tom McCartin (SYD)
5 Braeden Campbell (SYD)
4 Jordan Dawson (SYD)
4 Isaac Heeney (SYD)
2 Chad Warner (SYD)
2 Josh Kennedy (SYD)
1 Harry Cunningham (SYD)
1 Will Hayward (SYD)
=====
Round 1
10 Callum Mills (SYD)
7 Errol Gulden (SYD)
7 Tom Hickey (SYD)
3 Isaac Heeney (SYD)
1 Harry Cunningham (SYD)
Round2
5 Tom McCartin (SYD)
5 Braeden Campbell (SYD)
4 Jordan Dawson (SYD)
2 Errol Gulden (SYD)
2 Chad Warner (SYD)
1 Isaac Heeney (SYD)
Round 3
10 Sam Wicks (SYD)
7 Tom Papley (SYD)
4 Jordan Dawson (SYD)
4 Tom Hickey (SYD)
2 Oliver Florent (SYD)
2 Chad Warner (SYD)
1 Callum Mills (SYD)
Round 4
10 Luke Parker (SYD)
8 Sam Reid (SYD)
3 Tom Hickey (SYD)
2 Callum Mills (SYD)
2 Josh Kennedy (SYD)
Round 5
9 Lance Franklin (SYD)
1 Will Hayward (SYD)
VhTFnIX_

LEADERBOARD
32 Max Gawn MELB
28 David Mundy FRE
28 Taylor Walker ADEL
25 Jack Macrae WB
23 Dustin Martin RICH
23 Clayton Oliver MELB
21 Ollie Wines PORT

Last edited:
21APR21: Swans status/Fox Sports
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Crust

All Australian
Jun 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SUANFC
Seems to me that Eddie wants to return as president of Collingwood. He is now framing the narrative that:
1. He made one poor mistake - the press conference;
2. He was forced out because of it.

Collingwood are in the poo at the moment: Buckley will be gone soon, and the salary cap disaster will haunt them. They will be out of finals for years.
Then Eddie plans to step in, after all, it was just one bad press conference, right?

Seems to me that Eddie wants to return as president of Collingwood. He is now framing the narrative that:

Collingwood are in the poo at the moment: Buckley will be gone soon, and the salary cap disaster will haunt them. They will be out of finals for years.
Then Eddie plans to step in, after all, it was just one bad press conference, right?

Buckley's 'defence' of JDG that he was concussed was straight out of the McGuire and CFC handbook. Personally he could have evinced surprise that JDG was smart enough to know how to use a phone.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler

Promise?

Arwib

Club Legend
Apr 9, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Canberra Raiders
Last edited:
I am begging Victorian football pundits to learn about the actual size of the SCG and to explain how 1 extra metre on each wing and 3 extra metres at each end makes this massive difference.

I would use two examples of plays this year where, IMO, it is blatantly obvious just those few metres more or less makes a massive difference.

The Dawson/Campbell 60m kick-in to the corridor, best exemplified at the G vs Richmond. Next time Fox shows the view up the field from behind the goals at the SCG, take a look at the space available in the corridor. Hint: there's none. Now maybe it's just our bad luck that we keep encountering absolutely supreme defensive structures at our home ground every time, but Adelaide? Essendon? GWS? Yeah, nah.

The second would be the Warner goal out of the centre vs Richmond. I'd like to know a time at the SCG when anyone has ever had 10-15 metres of space to run into between the centre square and inside 50? Wouldn't happen.

I don't understand why a few metres here and there are dismissed as minor differences. It's a game of metres, sometimes centimetres, where the ball is moved by hand or foot. The less meterage you have to use the ball in, the more perfect that ball use has to be. It means that unless you are a team of ridiculous skill level (like Hawthorn used to be, hence their good record at the SCG), then your game plan won't get off the ground. That's why SCG games are scraps and never high-scoring, free-flowing affairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back