Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

Was going to post the 'your club's best debuts' article on AFL website, they had Fyfe on the image and thought surely it has be Barlow for Freo? Gulden was ours and was curious who others would be. But then started reading it and discovered that they have limited their available options so much that it is a pointless article.

"The only proviso is that the player must still be on the list he debuted for."

They probably just popped it in a search filter on some stats engine they have and wrote a paragraph about each one they liked. Low effort.

Barlow (for us) or Reid come to mind.

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Heath Grundy 3 goals 2 behinds
I can imagine this Board after that debut;

-said he's be a star, dominated for SA at CHF at the U18 championship. I had him in my top 10.
-Roos will probably do the same thing he always does and try to turn him into a defender same as he did with Richards. Moron. Richards is useless back there.
-Hall FF, Grundy CHF and Simon Phillips as our small fwd. Set for the next 10 years.
-Brett Kirk will be 30 at the end of the year. Been OK for us, but too slow, we'll never win anything with him in the middle.

Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I can imagine this Board after that debut;

-said he's be a star, dominated for SA at CHF at the U18 championship. I had him in my top 10.
-Roos will probably do the same thing he always does and try to turn him into a defender same as he did with Richards. Moron. Richards is useless back there.
-Hall FF, Grundy CHF and Simon Phillips as our small fwd. Set for the next 10 years.
-Brett Kirk will be 30 at the end of the year. Been OK for us, but too slow, we'll never win anything with him in the middle.
Don't forget LRT. Started off on the wing and kicked 2 goals on debut. Tore Port a new one in a finals match but he was most important to us in defence. This board would have been livid!

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Don't forget LRT. Started off on the wing and kicked 2 goals on debut. Tore Port a new one in a finals match but he was most important to us in defence. This board would have been livid!
I always remember LRT's debut.
1st kick on the wing, barely made contact with his boot and dribbled about 10 metres. That kick and the way he looked I remember thinking 'oh no' :disappointed:
Then had a shot after the siren (HT?) from 50m on an angle and nailed it and I remember thinking 'oh yes' :)
Although I will admit the likelihood of he being denied a Norm Smith medal later in his career did not really feature.

I think by the end of his career he really was a guy that was appreciated by all Swans supporters.
Give him a job and he'd do it.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
I always remember LRT's debut.
1st kick on the wing, barely made contact with his boot and dribbled about 10 metres. That kick and the way he looked I remember thinking 'oh no' :disappointed:
Then had a shot after the siren (HT?) from 50m on an angle and nailed it and I remember thinking 'oh yes' :)
Although I will admit the likelihood of he being denied a Norm Smith medal later in his career did not really feature.

I think by the end of his career he really was a guy that was appreciated by all Swans supporters.
Give him a job and he'd do it.
I saw his 1st game for Port Melbourne and i called a mate in Sydney and said we'll build a flag around this bloke , said the same on Tadgh after his 1st or Port as well .

28APR21: Buddy Franklin/AFL Website
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Discussed - will Buddy make it to 1000 - everyone has an opinion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Discussed - will Buddy make it to 1000 - everyone has an opinion
I think his start to the year has been somewhat unappreciated, 3 goals (v Adel & Ess) and 5 (v GWS) and second highest ave goals per game in the AFL (only Tex is in front of him).

Yep he's out with an injury, but an impact rather than soft-tissue injury.

So I'm still hopeful he'll remain a contributor for us until (at least) the end of his contract next year and that he'll rack up the 1000 (45 short) and a few more besides.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Forgot to tag RW who is the #1 card carrying supporter of the Bob Skilton Board

Sadly reviving the BSB is the dream I have had to let die... The King's retirement was the final nail in the coffin :(

Round 11 afternoon game - goodbye dew
ROUND 11
Friday, May 28

Western Bulldogs v Melbourne, Marvel Stadium, 7.50pm AEST

Saturday, May 29
Collingwood v Geelong, MCG, 1.45pm AEST
Brisbane v Greater Western Sydney, Gabba, 2.10pm AEST
St Kilda v North Melbourne, Marvel Stadium, 4.35pm AEST
Gold Coast v Hawthorn, TIO Stadium, 7.10pm ACST
West Coast v Essendon, Optus Stadium, 5.40pm AWST

Sunday, May 30
Richmond v Adelaide, MCG, 1.10pm AEST
Sydney v Carlton, SCG, 3.20pm AEST
Port Adelaide v Fremantle, Adelaide Oval, 4.10pm ACST

ROUND 12
Friday, June 4

Melbourne v Brisbane, TIO Traeger Park, 7.20pm ACST

Saturday, June 5
St Kilda v Sydney, Marvel Stadium, 1.45pm AEST

Adelaide v Collingwood, Adelaide Oval, 4.05pm ACST
Essendon v Richmond, MCG, 7.25pm AEST

Sunday, June 6
Carlton v West Coast, MCG, 3.20pm AEST
Fremantle v Western Bulldogs, Optus Stadium, 4.40pm AWST

Byes: Geelong, Gold Coast, Greater Western Sydney, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Round 11 afternoon game - goodbye dew
ROUND 11
Friday, May 28

Western Bulldogs v Melbourne, Marvel Stadium, 7.50pm AEST

Saturday, May 29
Collingwood v Geelong, MCG, 1.45pm AEST
Brisbane v Greater Western Sydney, Gabba, 2.10pm AEST
St Kilda v North Melbourne, Marvel Stadium, 4.35pm AEST
Gold Coast v Hawthorn, TIO Stadium, 7.10pm ACST
West Coast v Essendon, Optus Stadium, 5.40pm AWST

Sunday, May 30
Richmond v Adelaide, MCG, 1.10pm AEST
Sydney v Carlton, SCG, 3.20pm AEST
Port Adelaide v Fremantle, Adelaide Oval, 4.10pm ACST

ROUND 12
Friday, June 4

Melbourne v Brisbane, TIO Traeger Park, 7.20pm ACST

Saturday, June 5
St Kilda v Sydney, Marvel Stadium, 1.45pm AEST

Adelaide v Collingwood, Adelaide Oval, 4.05pm ACST
Essendon v Richmond, MCG, 7.25pm AEST

Sunday, June 6
Carlton v West Coast, MCG, 3.20pm AEST
Fremantle v Western Bulldogs, Optus Stadium, 4.40pm AWST

Byes: Geelong, Gold Coast, Greater Western Sydney, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide

Absolutely sick of these 1 45s Saturdays , make them 4 30.

29APR21: Swans v Geelong R7 Previews lazybits/ Multiple
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Rampe still out and our contested play is the shizen

Round 7 Previews: Swans v Geelong Talk in the mix

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad