Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

03May21: Josh Kennedy interview/SEN
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Interview with JPK and kudos to Gary & Tim for not asking Joey about the call in the dying moments.

Last edited:
03MAY21: Paddy McCartin/ watoday

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
03MAY21: Swans talk/SEN
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
You'll need to go to about 24:30 in before they start talking about Geelong which morphs into a bit of a discussion on how according to all the stats Geelong should have won by about 30+ points.

Then around 28min mark they talk about Club Health & how player turn over can impact...with the Swans being an outlier with only the 12 same players playing over the last 4 weeks. Half of the team in or out - and still 4th!!

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=822254

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
You'll need to go to about 24:30 in before they start talking about Geelong which morphs into a bit of a discussion on how according to all the stats Geelong should have won by about 30+ points.

Then around 28min mark they talk about Club Health & how player turn over can impact...with the Swans being an outlier with only the 12 same players playing over the last 4 weeks. Half of the team in or out - and still 4th!!

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=822254
They keep forgetting that pesky scoreboard! Goals = 6

Was briefly listening to SEN this evening in the car and who I assume was Sam Edmund whinging about the games being too long now and 'needing to find the optimal length' and it actually made me irrationally angry.

I can't believe how much the people who get paid to watch a sport for a living can find so many things they hate about their easy job. The journalism standards of AFL reporting are so low that they don't need to even provide any insight in their pieces, or require any knowledge about the sport before writing about it to begin with. Hell, the highest paid ones are the ones that deliberately spout out bullshit and overreactionary garbage that they know is nonsense, while ignoring half the competitions existence. They have such little accountability or responsibility but then they are complaining that a quarter being 6 minutes too long is a big issue for them.

Channel 7 and their cronies pine for more goals for years and now they get more goals they are complaining the sport is too long because of said goals adding more commercial time, that's your own damn fault not the fault of the bloody sport you find so damn irritable. He was bringing up examples like nominating the rucks takes too much time, it's like 5 seconds at most every time are you that eager to go home? Hell you can use all those seconds to create more bullshit contract 'rumours', or blasting umpires for not umpiring the rules that you never understood correctly, or spinning an interstate team's success into a Victorian team's loss.

How did we end up with this lot being in charge of our sport? I'm so done.

Does Edmund work for Channel 7 scaryness ? Because apparently they were having a hissy fit when the Demons game ran over this weekend and made their news late.

Don't believe so, I think he is SEN and in the AFL Record. To be clear I'm not bagging Sam in particular, just the general attitude that goes around all the footy media I see now. He was just the one that got me heated :p

If they are that mad about it I bet the 6pm finish on Sundays will be eradicated to make sure it never goes over again. Starting next year it will be a 5:30 finish with a post game, calling it now.

Jul 9, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Was briefly listening to SEN this evening in the car and who I assume was Sam Edmund whinging about the games being too long now and 'needing to find the optimal length' and it actually made me irrationally angry.

I can't believe how much the people who get paid to watch a sport for a living can find so many things they hate about their easy job. The journalism standards of AFL reporting are so low that they don't need to even provide any insight in their pieces, or require any knowledge about the sport before writing about it to begin with. Hell, the highest paid ones are the ones that deliberately spout out bullshit and overreactionary garbage that they know is nonsense, while ignoring half the competitions existence. They have such little accountability or responsibility but then they are complaining that a quarter being 6 minutes too long is a big issue for them.

Channel 7 and their cronies pine for more goals for years and now they get more goals they are complaining the sport is too long because of said goals adding more commercial time, that's your own damn fault not the fault of the bloody sport you find so damn irritable. He was bringing up examples like nominating the rucks takes too much time, it's like 5 seconds at most every time are you that eager to go home? Hell you can use all those seconds to create more bullshit contract 'rumours', or blasting umpires for not umpiring the rules that you never understood correctly, or spinning an interstate team's success into a Victorian team's loss.

Yeah I don’t know... Saturday’s game was about 90 seconds too long for my liking 😜

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
The journalism standards of AFL reporting are so low that they don't need to even provide any insight in their pieces, or require any knowledge about the sport before writing about it to begin with

I think the main problem is that the AFL has become a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week 'news' cycle.
The actual games will only take you so far.
So there is the need to fill air time/print, meaning we have journos quoting journos, a desperate need to create controversy, rumours aplenty, ridiculous amount of coverage of off field activities (eg wags).
Controversy/indignation sells.

I've used the term 'journalist', but in truth the ultimate aim for many is to become less reporter and instead to become 'personalities'
You think back to people like Alf Brown or even Mike Sheahan who had the trust of the coaches in their era. Their successor as chief football writer at the Herald-Sun is Slobbo. A figure of fun/ridicule in the game.

Of course it's not just the AFL.
For example Stephen A Smith is as well known in the US as any sportsperson.
The more outrageous his statements the more coverage he generates and the ratings and dollars follow.

Sadly I don't see it changing, except perhaps for the worse.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Don't believe so, I think he is SEN and in the AFL Record. To be clear I'm not bagging Sam in particular, just the general attitude that goes around all the footy media I see now. He was just the one that got me heated :p

If they are that mad about it I bet the 6pm finish on Sundays will be eradicated to make sure it never goes over again. Starting next year it will be a 5:30 finish with a post game, calling it now.
Sam is actually very good and no a henry the 3rd like Slobbo and Barret

03MAY21: Swans game/3AW
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

momentbymoment

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
Noosa
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
Paddy McCartin was being harassed (if that's the word) 60 mts off the ball, the weak arse opponant copped his right whack. Sniping taggers are the ones who bring football into disrespect.
Well done Paddy.
Yeah.
Black reminds me of GWS Greene. Acts like a complete D - then has a huge cry when a player retaliates - and wins a free. Then to make matters worse, we have to put up with Dermott telling us how clever he was to milk another free.

losty199

Rookie
Apr 22, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah.
Black reminds me of GWS Greene. Acts like a complete D - then has a huge cry when a player retaliates - and wins a free. Then to make matters worse, we have to put up with Dermott telling us how clever he was to milk another free.

Umpires should be able play free kicks off ball for unsportsmanlike behavior get rid off all that crap two players pinching bumping and thowing jumper punches into each other 60m off ball isnt a skill or a sign toughness only reason its a strategy is because it allows s**t player to get better of more talented opposition simple change in rules and it gone overnight.

04MAY21: Swans Community/ SBS

momentbymoment

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
Noosa
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
Watched AFL 360 hoping to hate on Chris Scott, but he was not too bad. The segment was confusing though. Seems like the VFL have invented a new 90 sec version of the game where nothing happens till the last minute.

They call it - The Big Cry.

04MAY21: Top 8 where they're at Lazybits/Fox Sports
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back