News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

Kinnear interview on SEN about skin folds etc
Like Kinnear work.. straight shooter

Interesting he talks on the different backgrounds of the players and the help they receive.

Saw this in the paper on the weekend;
Long-time Fremantle fitness boss turned Hale School’s head of athletic development Jason Weber already sees elite traits in hot AFL draft prospect Neil Erasmus, comparing him to a quartet of top-10 Dockers picks he oversaw.

Weber is at the school five days a week, running morning strength-and-conditioning sessions as part of his role this year since departing the Dockers, and first XVIII footy captain Erasmus barely misses a 6am class and has impressed with his work ethic and willingness to listen and learn.

Does go back to a recent post by caesar88
where he discusses the advantages held by certain players, particulalry those from private schools, leading into the draft and the possible bias of recruiters as a result.

Interesting he talks on the different backgrounds of the players and the help they receive.

Saw this in the paper on the weekend;

Does go back to a recent post by caesar88
where he discusses the advantages held by certain players, particulalry those from private schools, leading into the draft and the possible bias of recruiters as a result.
What has Erasmus got to do with Swans in the media ?

Just listened to it. Another reminder that this club is run by so many good, smart people who make it such a fabulous club to follow.
I wonder how many other clubs use a clinical rather than sports psych?

Bec Goddard is a breathe of fresh air in the footy world too. More of her please.
Absolutely on both counts. Suzie taking a long term view building the skills base of herself, coaching and performance staff as well as players. Super approach.
Great interviewing from Bec. She would be such an asset. 👍👍👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly if Buddy is reasonably injury free next year I would happily offer him a 1 year contract extension.

I reckon he will retire at the end of next season. He probably could go another year, but we need the cap space...

I reckon he will retire at the end of next season. He probably could go another year, but we need the cap space...
12 months ago most of us thought he was cooked. He certainly looked it! Raper and his team did an amazing job getting him into great shape. Let's see how things go in 2022 and then we can all (mainly Bud of course) make the call. He loves footy so he may want to go on and I'm sure the club will do the right thing by all concerned.

I'm wondering if Buddy wants to coach.
I understand he is a complete footy head and studies the game.

and he does seem energised by the young player group we have at the club, mutual admiration ... i can see the club setting him up in an assistant coaching role on his retirement
isn't kennedy also looking at coaching?

I'm wondering if Buddy wants to coach.
I understand he is a complete footy head and studies the game.
I reckon his value would be in recruitment.
Imagine if you have pimples and have just completed year 12. You are in the draft and Buddy Franklin turns up to interview you.
You would have to be stoked. Especially if you were a KP player.
He would still be very marketable for Sydney.

Paddy McCartin talk - audio link is also in the article.

Interesting article; We might take him or we might not, but if we do then he might play forward or he might play back. Actually he would be good in case Buddy went down, but we are well served by having McDonald there if he does. But he could also be another McGovern but we don't know.

I think I preferred reading about Morrison's haircut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back