Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

Jimbo OZ

Team Captain
Jan 19, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
I don’t know how to link but the Kin Beatson interview is available as part of “The Road to the Draft” podcast. His interview is at about the 50 minute mark.

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
I don’t know how to link but the Kin Beatson interview is available as part of “The Road to the Draft” podcast. His interview is at about the 50 minute mark.
Kinnear starts at 47mins
Hes a funny bugger

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

dosser

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Sheather might have Ronke and possibly Taylor ahead of him.
Gould has two of Fox, O'Riordan and possibly O'Connor.
Depends a lot on circumstances I think. Single games will probably bring in the more experienced players, while a block absence might present a chance for the debutant.
After watching an admittedly small sample size of a couple of VFL games last year, I would have Sheather about even with Ronke at the moment and about to overtake him. Ronke has the advantage of being in the system longer, but Sheather at least gets the ball. IF he keeps on the same trajectory, I wouldn't be surprised to hear Sheather's name in the conversation for a debut at some time this next season.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
After watching an admittedly small sample size of a couple of VFL games last year, I would have Sheather about even with Ronke at the moment and about to overtake him. Ronke has the advantage of being in the system longer, but Sheather at least gets the ball. IF he keeps on the same trajectory, I wouldn't be surprised to hear Sheather's name in the conversation for a debut at some time this next season.
I reckon he will debut the coming season if he continues his current trajectory. He's busy enough, hard enough and can kick a goal.

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
I reckon he will debut the coming season if he continues his current trajectory. He's busy enough, hard enough and can kick a goal.
With Heeney moving more to the midfield.. there may be a spot open up. Havnt seen enough to comment too much, but, hes fast, aggressive, athletic and could offer alot of forward defensive pressure.. and yep, kick the odd goal.
Kinnear expected him to be drafted last year and I suspect the Swans and Kinnear were very happy to be able to get him via the rookie draft (didn't have the points to match a bid in the open draft)

Been really enjoying watching the development of the younger crew over the last few years. Am looking forward to watching Sheather this year.. and, Gould, Stephens, Amartey, McDonald, Campbell etc etc etc

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
I wanted him, currently averages about 15 games a year. Not sure where I sit now after knowing that.

He might be a slight risk Ticky, but 15 games is better than the 8 games our current next-best key defender option in Melican is averaging over the last two years. Anyway probably a conversation better suited for about 300 days from now.

Crust

All Australian
Jun 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SUANFC
On another thread it was discussed that the Perth/WA players were staying in Perth for Xmas and training together because of concerns about them travelling into WA.
Pyke was a Eagle so he also wants to be with his family for Xmas. Oversees the training. Welcomes the drafted players to the club, speaks to their families.
All makes perfect sense.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals

Dalrymple talking about the draftees
Interesting thoughts from Simon at the end there when he says he's of the opinion you can never have too many mids. Just look at the Bulldogs midfield which he pretty much drafted himself, widely considered one of the best midfields in the comp and too many mids to fit them all in. Could we be heading in the same direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back