News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

Any hope of that number being passed on to a worthy recipient was dashed the moment Elijah Taylor did what he did. It made clear what was probably already very common sense but many fans did not want to accept - which is that there's never gonna be anyone like Goodes who will don that number. It'd stay hung up collecting cobwebs for decades if we wait for someone Goodes-worthy to have it. Might as well get it back out on the field and hope that eventually someone in it contributes to a flag. That's the best way to honour the 37.
I would have thought they might consult Adam

I would have thought they might consult Adam

Yeah that'd be my guess too. And I'm sure all the great man would want from future 37s are for them to be part of a premiership. That won't be possible if we don't actually get it out on the field.

Ollie Florent and Will Hayward are launching a seltzer “Doozy”
FF_j4xyUYA4UrfB

Ollie Florent and Will Hayward are launching a seltzer “Doozy”
FF_j4xyUYA4UrfB

We can say what we like about them as players maybe but what a draft story those two have been. From different states but joined at the hip from the minute they walked in the door. Now business partners. It's literally a Northern club's dream outcome.

Shades of Mick Jagger & Keith Richards and that fateful meeting on the train platform in 1960 that basically led to them being stuck with each other for the next 60 years of their lives. Hopefully it won't end with Florent and Hayward wanting to kill each other after decades of doing drugs!

Any hope of that number being passed on to a worthy recipient was dashed the moment Elijah Taylor did what he did. It made clear what was probably already very common sense but many fans did not want to accept - which is that there's never gonna be anyone like Goodes who will don that number. It'd stay hung up collecting cobwebs for decades if we wait for someone Goodes-worthy to have it. Might as well get it back out on the field and hope that eventually someone in it contributes to a flag. That's the best way to honour the 37.

Applaud the man by clapping not booing. It is the person he is and his achievements that have value not the boots he wore nor the number that circumstance and random fortune dictated adorned his shirt. Nothing inherently good or bad flows by anyone that follows with same number unless per circumstance and random fortune they are blessed with same value as person and then it becomes their path and their achievements that rightly deserve our focus not the history however precious of another who preceded

Cannot for the life of me work out why we aren't playing round 2 v hawthorn.

This wreaks of round 2 being away. Probably at the mcg.

Cannot for the life of me work out why we aren't playing round 2 v hawthorn.

This wreaks of round 2 being away. Probably at the mcg.

I very much doubt it. I'll be surprised if we're not hosting at the SCG round 2. Might have been nice to optimise the chances of Buddy kicking his 1000th against his old club but far from the only consideration when fixturing.

I very much doubt it. I'll be surprised if we're not hosting at the SCG round 2. Might have been nice to optimise the chances of Buddy kicking his 1000th against his old club but far from the only consideration when fixturing.
Will probably be against the Roos to maximise his chances of kicking 13 and getting the 1000 in front of a home crowd

Might find it's at the SCG against a traditionally lower drawing away team, to boost ticket sales. I'd have gone with Hawks but if I were the AFL that'd be my next consideration. My money is on Adelaide (same as 2021) since they're at home Week 1 and the likes of Freo, GC are away (similar the smaller Vic clubs are "away").

That said I hope he kicks 5 against GWS, the team the AFL wanted him at.

Edit: If it is Adelaide and he hasn't done it yet, I hope he takes a screamer over Dawson playing loose on D50, kicks it, and while I hold no ill will, it'd be funny if Jordan was immortalised in footy folklore for that moment. If not him, Tex.

Last edited:
Round 2 Friday, Mar 25 Sydney Swans vs. Geelong Cats SCG (SEVEN) 7:50pm 7:50pm
Round 3 Thursday, Mar 31 Western Bulldogs vs. Sydney Swans Marvel Stadium (SEVEN) 7:20pm 7:20pm
Round 4 Saturday, Apr 9 Sydney Swans vs. North Melbourne SCG (FOX) 1:45pm 1:45pm
Round 5 Friday, Apr 15 West Coast Eagles vs. Sydney Swans Optus Stadium (FOX) 7:40pm 5:40pm
Round 6 Friday, Apr 25 Hawthorn vs. Sydney Swans University of Tasmania Stadium (FOX) 12:30pm 12:30pm
Round 7 Monday, May 1 Sydney Swans vs. Brisbane Lions SCG (FOX) 4:40pm 4:40pm
Round 8 Saturday, May 7 Sydney Swans vs. Gold Coast Suns SCG (FOX) 1:45pm 1:45pm
Round 9 Saturday, May 14 Sydney Swans vs. Essendon SCG (SEVEN) 7:25pm 7:25pm
Round 10 Friday, May 20 Carlton vs. Sydney Swans Marvel Stadium (TBC) TBC TBC

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The boys will be tired on 15 April....:)
thanks for the correction.
Should not be copying and pasting on laptop while in bed!

Doubles: North, Ess, Saints, GWS and Bulldogs
No real surprise they've given us 2 x top 6, 2 x middle 6, and only 1 vs bottom 6. On the plus side, I think we showed we can have the Bulldogs number, and we're our own worst enemies when it comes to GWS. Bombers was always likely given the contests we seem to have (but we generally win them just). Saints and North will be 4/4 if we show up.

Bit of a shame that we've got Port in SA again, was hoping to go see a Crows thumping.

From the first half of the season fixture, I like that we have good opposition at home, and the away games are on Friday nights (great time for watching footy).

Rou
Round 2 Friday, Mar 25 Sydney Swans vs. Geelong Cats SCG (SEVEN) 7:50pm 7:50pm
Round 3 Thursday, Mar 31 Western Bulldogs vs. Sydney Swans Marvel Stadium (SEVEN) 7:20pm 7:20pm
Round 4 Saturday, Apr 9 Sydney Swans vs. North Melbourne SCG (FOX) 1:45pm 1:45pm
Round 5 Friday, Apr 15 West Coast Eagles vs. Sydney Swans Optus Stadium (FOX) 7:40pm 5:40pm
Round 6 Friday, Apr 25 Hawthorn vs. Sydney Swans University of Tasmania Stadium (FOX) 12:30pm 12:30pm
Round 7 Monday, May 1 Sydney Swans vs. Brisbane Lions SCG (FOX) 4:40pm 4:40pm
Round 8 Saturday, May 7 Sydney Swans vs. Gold Coast Suns SCG (FOX) 1:45pm 1:45pm
Round 9 Saturday, May 14 Sydney Swans vs. Essendon SCG (SEVEN) 7:25pm 7:25pm
Round 10 Friday, May 20 Carlton vs. Sydney Swans Marvel Stadium (TBC) TBC TBC

Round 7 a Monday ?

09DEC21: Peter Ladhams interview/SEN
Equal 9th hardest draw according to analysis by crack AFL.com.au team. If so, pretty generous outcome for Geelong, finished 3rd last year, also ranked ninth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back