News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

You honestly believe we wouldn’t take McLuggage?

He’s a future Brownlow medallist.
Only if he stays involved. When he is lazy, he is lazy. In round one Dermie talked about his and Cameron being dropped for a total lack of effort at stages of that match. The one thing I pride our players on is their effort. Even if we do not win the effort is there. Even against St Kilda and Gold Coast in games we lost badly. They were trying but nothing was going right.

If McLuggage learns to tackle hard every time and to run both ways then he may one day win a Brownlow. But he must pick those two things up.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Extract from a really interesting article. Did like his comments on Sicily too

CHAD WARNER EMERGES AS THE GEM OF THE SWANS’ YOUNG CREW

It’s hard not to take notice of the young crew in red and white. Campbell, Gulden, McDonald, Rowbottom, McInerney… it’s a formidable bunch. However, nestled in amongst them is a player who has a ton of x-factor about him, and when he wasn’t in the team, the Swans missed his ability to create and hit the scoreboard.

Still just 20 years old, Warner was often overlooked when people spoke of the young Swans cohort that was so prevalent in their 8-4 record over the first 12 weeks. Whilst the Swans ended up winning seven more games without him, his run from the wing and through half forward gave the team a wonderful option that often left defences guessing as to what to do.

Warner will once again enter the season as a lesser light, with players such as Gulden really capturing the imagination of footy fans in general, but those who watched Warner in 2021 know what he is capable of, and would not be at all surprised if he emerges as one the stars of the next generation of Swans.

Right now, I’d be backing him to be one of the genuine breakout players of the season.

HB knows a lot more about the Swans than most and has good powers of observation.

HB knows a lot more about the Swans than most and has good powers of observation.
Better informed than most of the so called media experts. Its very obvious he watches our games.

Better informed than most of the so called media experts. Its very obvious he watches our games.
I watch our games but don't pick up near what he does. I have to go back over replays to pick it up. Even then....
I have to TV watch with the sound off due to the poverty of the commentary.
There is some good analysis out there but it's hard to find and surrounded by dross.
Example: Hayden McLean GPSed over 16km one game. Our most by a lot. Very little discussion about what that meant to our structure or game impact. Someone on BF noted he got free quite a bit but was burned by his teammates on the lead. BF FFS!

Mongrel Punt has dropped a top notch 2022 preview for the Swans. First 5 points free, next 14 for members.
Sorry, I'm still crap at links.

I linked it in the best 22 & game plan thread KC, since I figured it would prompt a lot of discussion better suited for there than in here. (Hope that was OK mods!)

Mongrel Punt has dropped a top notch 2022 preview for the Swans. First 5 points free, next 14 for members.
Sorry, I'm still crap at links.
I linked it in the best 22 & game plan thread KC, since I figured it would prompt a lot of discussion better suited for there than in here. (Hope that was OK mods!)
Great teamwork lads!! :heart:

So where do i find it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back