Media Swans Talk in the Media 2022

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
21SEP22: Swans Daily Media/Multiple
Neil Cordy - Bashed up Cortinas defence is formidable despite most being plucked from footy’s scrap heap.

Stevie J - comparing Scott and Longmire

Last edited by a moderator:

How the Cats could go after Papley like they did Neal

I think Papley would thrive on that sort of attention, not shirk away like Neale.

Regarding our intercept marking, or lack thereof, I think it was you and I who were discussing how this seemed to be quite deliberate to try and bring the ball to ground so our crumbers can get and go.
Yep, noticed it again on the weekend. We seem happier bringing it to ground.

Fox Footy podcast decent listen, they discuss the Papley incident then a guy on there who supports the Pies mentions that they got away with JDG diving on the ball - first time I've seen that mentioned so kudos to come from a Pies supporter.

21SEP22: Swans Daily Media/Multiple
Fox Footy GF Podcast:

John Longmire Interview SEN
Written article + podcast

Swamp Stats

Seven Things

The Depth Test

Last edited:
‘Underdog’ tag has Sydney’s Fox ready to hunt Cats

You almost can’t help but raise an eyebrow when a player tells you “we’ve got nothing to lose” in an AFL grand final. But when that player is Robbie Fox, you’re almost inclined to believe him.

It was not so long ago the 29-year-old thought about heading home to Tasmania, already acquainted with a back-up plan after a stint as a substitute teacher at a Paddington primary school, while stuck in Sydney’s reserves team without a contract for next year.

Razor Ray on SEN now saying he's watched the Papley mark 15 times and said no free , Moore stumbles and Paps takes the mark , well umpired . Exactly what we have said . He's a good listen and honest when on .
Now talking about the Ginnivan 50 and it was his fault

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, we wouldn't have Rowbottom without that move - which was a moment of bloody genius.
One of many moments of genius from our club. I'm impressed with how well the club think outside the box. It's the reason why we were able to snag tippett and buddy in consecutive years after winning the flag (And subsequently copped an unwarranted trade ban).

Great club, run by great operators.

Why worry about it , we've won more Brownlows than anyone else and all of them would swap it for a flag
Did I say I was worried about it?...just thought some (like I) may be interested in the current leader-board as it stands as a bit of side interest.
We all are well aware every other award in AFL pales in comparison to the cup.

If they double team Papley pass it to the open player. Simple.
I hope if that does happen that papley has the presence of mind to adjust during the course of the match.

Papley's first instinct is to go for goal (with good reason), I just hope he makes the right decisions between going for goal and giving it off to a teammate if he's not in a great position to kick one.

I personally think he's primed for a big match, he's in career best form atm, and has done just about everything right over the last 10 weeks. I couldn't fault his form if I tried, but it's those moments that can make or break a GF. I back him in though, and personally don't think Geelong could stop him even if they invested all of their defensive energy into it. But if they do, I expect horse and the coaching team to adjust our game plan to counteract the extra attention.

Last edited:
I think we've proven we're no longer a team of champions but a champion team. We've come this far without needing one or two match winning players. We stream across the field as a unit. Good luck tagging or double teaming, because you'll need to do it to the entire team.

Best thing Geelong can do is just try to play their regular game. Our pressure game will be their undoing.

Sorry to be so annoyingly positive in every one of my posts. I'm just really excited and confident about Saturday. 🙂
Agree 100%. That's how I see it playing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back