Media Swans Talk in the Media 2022

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big call caesar88 …. LRT played the greatest AFL game in history, but wasn’t a media darling, hence was ruthlessly, callously snubbed.

Fosdike was immense too, as were Tadgh, Buchanan and Jolly.

The best thing about watching 2005 era footy? It’s not over-umpired. So many soft things that’d get whistle-happy, attention starved umps excited now were just let go.
If we're giving out medals for playing the greatest AFL game in history then when can we expect the Ben Ronke Medal to be awarded? Every Friday night game of round 8?

2005 GF currently on Fox.

Yet another reminder that LRT was completely robbed of a Norm Smith.
Yep, Amon Buchanan second…..some of his work in the 4th was awesome.

I

Definitely could imo

Especially the clubs 3rd loss
I think it is more likely to
1. mentally scar an older list. Opportunities are running out to win one
2. inspire a younger and upcoming list as to what could be with a club that has a history of getting to a GF.

I reckon, especially the younger Swans, will be training their collective butts off to make sure they are in the team round one. There will be fierce competition and PBs over the preseason.

Expect a hungry, fit, motivated and committed Swans team next year!!

Adam Schneider on SEN this afternoon , about getting drafted by us in the 01 superdraft , his time with us and a real good listen. Massive wrap for Maxfield

So Damien Truslove our new reserves coach (crosses over from GWS where he held the same role).
His background;

Amon Buchanan back at the club as a development coach. Also joins from the Giants, where he has been development coach and line coach (forwards and then stoppages at senior level).

And Mark McVeigh to be head coach of the Swans boys academy.

So Laidler off to the Giants and we get three in return.

Can't say I'm thrilled we picked up McVeigh, irrespective of his coaching ability.
Particularly as he will be in charge of our youngsters.

He was the original attack dog for Essendon in the drugs saga;
"Kyle Reimers has come out and said some things that are untrue,'' McVeigh told SEN radio.
"He's a disgruntled player who was delisted from the football club, who very rarely turned up to pre-season training in any sort of form that resembled a professional footballer.
"Every player knew what we were taking ... if you didn't know, you must have been asleep in the meeting, which Kyle probably was.

"Everything that I took, and I can only speak on my behalf obviously, I knew 100 per cent that it was within the WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) and AFL doping regulations.''
McVeigh retired from the AFL last year and Reimers was delisted from Essendon at the end of the season.

McVeigh admitted to having off-site injections, but said these were to ensure a sterile environment.
He added they were for vitamins B and C.
McVeigh copped a 12 month suspension from WADA.

Last edited:
Gee whiz at first glance of that pic I thought Papley and Rowbottom were two of those kids who run out onto the field with the boys and they'd managed to sneak into the team photo

I mean, being next to Blakey, Wilbur, McLean and Hickey would do that

A couple of takeaways from Horse.

On Aaron Francis;
“We felt like we needed some support down back so we recruited him as a defender,” Longmire said on SEN’s Sportsday.
“We know he can play either end. He’s a high talent, obviously.
“He’s got some things to work on, as all players do, but we feel like he’s going to be able to give us a real opportunity to be able to play down back.
“Whether it’s intercept marking or being able to use it on the way out, we feel like he can give us a real asset down back.”

On trade/list management;
“People talk about trade week and the winners and losers of trade week, all that gets caught up in big discussions with draft and trades.
“But our retention was really a priority for us.
“Players like Millsy, Paps, Chad Warner, Tommy McCartin, some of our key young group have committed long-term and that’s really important for us.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Damien Truslove our new reserves coach (crosses over from GWS where he held the same role).
His background;

Amon Buchanan back at the club as a development coach. Also joins from the Giants, where he has been development coach and line coach (forwards and then stoppages at senior level).

And Mark McVeigh to be head coach of the Swans boys academy.

So Laidler off to the Giants and we get three in return.

Can't say I'm thrilled we picked up McVeigh, irrespective of his coaching ability.
Particularly as he will be in charge of our youngsters.

He was the original attack dog for Essendon in the drugs saga;

McVeigh copped a 12 month suspension from WADA.
Yeah * McVeigh. Sounds like a real campaigner

Thanks Ticky009, really interesting listen.

We hear the players talk about Horse being as interested in them as individuals/people as he is in them as players and that really comes across in that interview.

Very much a guy who is clearly intent on competing/winning, but also he recognises there is much more to life than footy and that a life balance and preparing for life after footy is crucially important.

You'd imagine Brett Kirk as welfare boss would be completely in step with Longmire's philosophy.

Club is in good hands. :thumbsupv1:

Wow what a stat. It perfectly describes Rowy too. Such a brilliant back half of the year this year. How he played could give us the indication that he could be the JPK replacement we are looking for.View attachment 1551865
Wait, he didn't get a Brownlow vote this year?

Edit: Just looked it up and no he didn't. Boy oh boy, I say it every year but I'll say it again - that award is trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back