Media Swans Talk in the Media 2022

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to hear at least one even remotely interesting thing if I'm going to sit through a 3 minute video. Otherwise there's literally no point. Save him and us the time and just don't bother doing a video.
Its an interview... he answers the questions asked. Why are you blaming him...

And it's an AFL interview... they decide what is asked and what the agenda is.

Beveridge writes that we "stole the crown" from 'Bidmond'. But it turns out Richmond have still made the most bids (in total and successful) and we have moved up to equal 3rd for total bids (we have never had a successful bid). But I guess that doesn't make such a good headline.

Port Melbourne media announcing we have Sam Naismith

I don't think it's an issue at all. He wouldn't be captain and voted leader by a group of 40 odd varying personalities from varying walks of life if he didn't have charisma or presence. I just think they should find someone else for media duties such as these for the sake of the fans.

Papley for AFL side and Konstanty for VFL side would be gold.

On another note, I hope the Swans provide more regular content during the AFL season. I couldn't care less if the players and/or coaches don't like partaking in it because the fans love it imo. It's a great way to connect with us, especially since the AFL media don't give us much exposure (comparatively).

They've been pretty good this off-season.

On another note, I hope the Swans provide more regular content during the AFL season. I couldn't care less if the players and/or coaches don't like partaking in it because the fans love it imo. It's a great way to connect with us, especially since the AFL media don't give us much exposure (comparatively).

Anyone else really want the entire Swans squad to release an elaborate dance routine before the season starts? :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Heath James of all people is responsible for the "Bloods" culture

A couple of takeaways from Horse.

On Aaron Francis;

On trade/list management;
I was hoping the dash and derring-do that Fox showed in the GF would have had Horse thinking he needs to be given rein to run. I've always thought Fox could be the line breaking dasher we need. The guy's a wonderful defender but he's also got genuine speed. I'd love to see him linking up with Warner. As if it wasn't enough to shut down Cameron, Fox pulled out a whole goody bag of talents at the Granny. He wasn't fazed by the big dance. Perhaps with Francis and Blakey we can build a fleet of dashing defenders to sling the ball back into attack? I miss the run guys like Rhys Shaw used to give us. Sure his disposal was often questionable, but Fox is much cleaner off the boot.

Wait, he didn't get a Brownlow vote this year?

Edit: Just looked it up and no he didn't. Boy oh boy, I say it every year but I'll say it again - that award is trash.
Guys like Rowy don't do the flash stuff that gets the eyeballs. He's a massive cog in the machine that powers our midfield but he's still seen as a cog

I like hearing players talk about players on a more personal level.

Apparently Heath James of all people is responsible for the "Bloods" culture

Not a surprise to me.Heath’s career was sadly stuffed by injury, the same as his dad’s. Max and Heath were both team oriented brave players. True Bloods.

I was hoping the dash and derring-do that Fox showed in the GF would have had Horse thinking he needs to be given rein to run. I've always thought Fox could be the line breaking dasher we need. The guy's a wonderful defender but he's also got genuine speed. I'd love to see him linking up with Warner. As if it wasn't enough to shut down Cameron, Fox pulled out a whole goody bag of talents at the Granny. He wasn't fazed by the big dance. Perhaps with Francis and Blakey we can build a fleet of dashing defenders to sling the ball back into attack? I miss the run guys like Rhys Shaw used to give us. Sure his disposal was often questionable, but Fox is much cleaner off the boot.
Or kick

When Dalrymple spoke about Cooper Vickery after he was drafted he said;

"We just think we have been looking for a small defender that can play on the likes of Kysiah Pickett, Charlie Cameron and Cody Weightman.
"They're the ones that get under your skin and are hard to match up on. We think he has the potential to be able to do that."

I think Fox is made for that role.
IMO he's quick enough but he also has the smarts to read the play and strength to hold his position, plus good aerial ability.
And potentially he can hurt them going the other way.
Sure he'll turn 30 shortly after the start of next season, but he has a 2 year deal and doesn't look as if he's slowing down anytime soon.

"We just think we have been looking for a small defender that can play on the likes of Kysiah Pickett, Charlie Cameron and Cody Weightman.
"They're the ones that get under your skin and are hard to match up on. We think he has the potential to be able to do that."

IMO he's quick enough but he also has the smarts to read the play and strength to hold his position, plus good aerial ability.
Sure he'll turn 30 shortly after the start of next season, but he has a 2 year deal and doesn't look as if he's slowing down anytime soon.

Assuming you're right about Fox, you've still hit the nail on the head when you point out his age. Even if he does play the next two years I wouldn't expect Vickery to become a regular in the side within that timeframe anyway.

However, I see Vickery and Fox as different. Fox is taller and has better endurance but less flat out speed. Vickery tested at under 3 seconds for 20 m sprints. The flat out speed is important when you're trying to lockdown on someone like Charlie Cameron (or Tom Papley) and perhaps Vickery will be better suited to that particular job.

Good interview just finished with Sam Naismith on SEN

Need to mention Fox's and possibly Vickerys temperament.. If I was playing on Weightman or Picket, they'd get under my skin and Id likely react with something seriously illegal resulting in a free kick and a long suspension.. Fox has a good temperament for these types of players, maybe it was something they saw in Vickery too??
and as Callipgian wrote , he should be close to ready in two years..

That gives me no comfort at all.
Yaddayaddayadda.
We got thumped Millsy. Insipid!
I look at it extremely negatively at this point in time.

My reward (& others') for the two years of paying memberships for 5 adults through covid & watching one game or two & then for spending 2.5K on Grand Final tickets, was to see 5 minutes of Robbie Williams.

Sitting at that game was pure punishment & I don't want to hear from any of our players or coaches about how they will redeem it!

We may have seen our last Swans Grand Final.
The Bloods culture died when LRT & ROK retired & any flicker of it was gone with JPK missing the rest of the season.

That's all from me.

For now!

It was Ted sadly a familiar tale in our proud club history.

The silence and just groans from supporters around then the realization it's gone 20mins in.

What can you do? See you again in 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back