Media Swans Talk in the Media 2022

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if internally we have high hopes for Amartey but off-field he isn't applying himself sufficiently, like recovery, eating habits etc. All speculation but sounds like we're disappointed by his progress so far.
Well athletically he has all the tools

Tall can jump fast agile etc

So what’s holding him back ? Been their long enough

I reckon he has until the end of current contract to prove himself

McLean has done more and his fundamentals are far stronger - just not gifted athletically as Amertey

When Dalrymple spoke about Cooper Vickery after he was drafted he said;

"We just think we have been looking for a small defender that can play on the likes of Kysiah Pickett, Charlie Cameron and Cody Weightman.
"They're the ones that get under your skin and are hard to match up on. We think he has the potential to be able to do that."

I think Fox is made for that role.
IMO he's quick enough but he also has the smarts to read the play and strength to hold his position, plus good aerial ability.
And potentially he can hurt them going the other way.
Sure he'll turn 30 shortly after the start of next season, but he has a 2 year deal and doesn't look as if he's slowing down anytime soon.
I completely agree. Fox hasn't played that much senior footy so I expect his body isn't too worn for his age. Hanners was at the other extreme, started young and by the time he was 30 he'd been battered like a piece of fish on a Friday.

It was Ted sadly a familiar tale in our proud club history.

The silence and just groans from supporters around then the realization it's gone 20mins in.

What can you do? See you again in 2023.
I'm sure Geelong fans thought the same in 2021 as they were once again bundled out in a prelim with an insipid performance. I'm a glass half full and a fresh jug on the way kind of guy.

Need to mention Fox's and possibly Vickerys temperament.. If I was playing on Weightman or Picket, they'd get under my skin and Id likely react with something seriously illegal resulting in a free kick and a long suspension.. Fox has a good temperament for these types of players, maybe it was something they saw in Vickery too??
and as Callipgian wrote , he should be close to ready in two years..
Vickery's got some great defenders like Rampe and Fox to learn his craft from, though I reckon Nick Smith would be a handy off-field mentor.

Article highlighting a player from each club who have something to prove this year.

For Sydney (unsurprisingly);
Peter Ladhams

The Swans are another team with a young list that arguably over-performed in 2022, and it feels wrong to call anyone out for the year that was.

But Peter Ladhams’ brain fade late in the VFL season that saw him handed a three-game suspension left the Swans lacking in ruck depth for the finals. Ladhams could have been selected to play over Sam Reid – who carried an injury into the Grand Final – in the most important game of the year.

It followed a suspension earlier in the year where Ladhams inexplicably struck former Power teammate Ollie Wines.

The 24-year-old endured a decent season on-field for the Swans, but only managed 11 games. Given he’s expected to take starting ruck role for Sydney in the next year or two, Ladhams needs to improve in 2023.

His best games in 2022 were very good, but Ladhams needs to show he’s got the temperament and consistency to play 22 good games of AFL year in and year out, starting in 202

Am i n the wrong thread again
off season / off topic / free passes to many threads / walk out on the SCG and watch the curators work / security guards are on holidays / the sound of lawn mowers / more freedom in the off season / you should go down to the river and put your toes in the water

off season / off topic / free passes to many threads / walk out on the SCG and watch the curators work / security guards are on holidays / the sound of lawn mowers / more freedom in the off season / you should go down to the river and put your toes in the water
I will be going to the Murray soon plenty of water there sadly , gee im of topic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2023 Draw assessments:

2023 Draw assessments:

It's all changes every year , teams go up and down from year to year , 1 thing is constant is that we are a great club

* thats a brutal draw based on 2022.

Play twice: Fremantle, Geelong, Gold Coast, Greater Western Sydney, Melbourne, Richmond
We made the grand final. We were always going to get a tough draw.

If we continue with our form second half of 2022 we will be top 4. If we drop a little bit we wont make the finals

12 GF on fox footy now
My granddad said it was the second-best GF he'd ever seen, and he doesn't go for either side. I said surely one of your flags in 2006 or 2018 would top your list? And he said "Too many mistakes from both sides in those games."

He's a fussy customer.

His best was a GF that happened in the 70s which he was at but I can't remember which one.

It's about 13 minutes long - conversation with Nathan Schmook interviewing Michael Whiting about his thoughts about the Swans in 2022 and 2023. No great insights. Both guys reckon we had a good season in 2022 before the disappointment of the grand final and that we're top 4 contenders this season and that our issue looking further into the future are our key position stocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back