Media Swans Talk in the Media 2022

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What happened between rounds 1 and 2 for Sydney to notice the big 197cm guy in our forward line?
Interesting. Hayden got burnt in good positions a few times last year. Perhaps there was a discussion about sharing it around better in the team meeting. Also maybe the leading patterns improved. We look a lot better when we share it around with Heeney and Hayward too. Makes us much harder to defend against when we get separation.

Assuming he does not get injured Heeney has all the tools he needs to be the best player in the competition. He has had more than 15 disposals and 3 goals in 3 games so far this year.
Averaging 19 disposals and 3 goals a game

Bam Bam wears Red and White at Bedrock stadium. As per usual I'll add other reports as they become available.

Paywall article but for those I know have access another cracking read

mongrel punt absolutely right on heeney in every respect
"Heeney doesn’t just rely on skill or strength to win his battles – he is intelligent, but he is also a gut runner that is underrated by most in the footy media. His work in running from the wing to the goalmouth saw him run past three Eagles defenders, who simply could not go with him, and once he arrives at his destination, his ability to elevate and clunk marks makes him as dangerous as a key position player.

Earlier in this young season, I speculated as to whether Heeney had another level he could get to. Could he become the next star in this Sydney team? If he isn’t at that level already, he is kicking down the door and not waiting for an invitation. He is a player that can turn a game off his own boot, but remains a team player, inasmuch as he works to the correct position defensively, and refuses to try to do the impossible when there are viable options around him.

With 14 goals for the season, he is on the verge of becoming Sydney’s next superstar.
"

and pretty good on campbell and gulden too

Assuming he does not get injured Heeney has all the tools he needs to be the best player in the competition. He has had more than 15 disposals and 3 goals in 3 games so far this year.
It isn't just Heeney's hard running that adds to his silky skills, he's a genuinely hard-as-nails competitor, not afraid to throw his body into the fray. It's no wonder he's had so many niggling injuries to cope with over his career. He takes a serious battering every week to give his absolute best for the team.

Heeney's a great inspiration for the team. He sends a strong message that talent will only get you so far if you're not giving 100%. A true Blood

It isn't just Heeney's hard running that adds to his silky skills, he's a genuinely hard-as-nails competitor, not afraid to throw his body into the fray. It's no wonder he's had so many niggling injuries to cope with over his career. He takes a serious battering every week to give his absolute best for the team.

Heeney's a great inspiration for the team. He sends a strong message that talent will only get you so far if you're not giving 100%. A true Blood
I think everyone in the team sees that. I also think everyone in the AFL sees that. Its not knowing what you know what he does. Its Knowing what you need to stop it. Then again can you?

I think everyone in the team sees that. I also think everyone in the AFL sees that. Its not knowing what you know what he does. Its Knowing what you need to stop it. Then again can you?
I wouldn't want to be a coach trying to work out how to curb Heeney. He's a bit like the Goodes in that respect, in as much as he seems to be two or three players in the same body. A near impossible matchup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
All the Hewett chat has been moved to here - if you want to talk about Hewett & AA take your conversations there please:smilev1:

Given how many games Paddy has played down in back line and his break from AFL
:clapping: Patrick McCartin

How awesome is paddys story?

From the minute I heard we were considering him, I was thinking, this is an absolute no brainer.

Would love to see horse move the magnets around mid game and throw paddy forward, and see him kick 3 goals in a quarter or some similar fairy tale type move.
Happy for him to stay back where his opponent is a lot less likely to hit him in the head. He and Tom are already a good pair but can be something really special by the end of the season.

1000 Auskickers :heart:
@philthy295

FQvWatqaUAArZSn

20APR22: Swans History move to Sydney/AFL Daily
40 years podcast move discussion from AFL Daily

20APR22: Power Rankings Lazybits/Fox Sports
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back