Media Swans Talk in the Media 2022

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swans Daily Media - Part 2

Whelp, it seems the Bombers are setting themselves for a statement game and aiming to spoil Parker's 250th.

Paddy's stats are indeed impressive enough to make this list - imagine how good he could be after playing a couple of seasons for us down back!!

ranked first in the league for intercept marks (3.6), third among key defenders contested defensive loss percentage (10%) and equal-eighth for intercept possessions (7.9).

Yep take them lightly and we will lose.

Whelp, it seems the Bombers are setting themselves for a statement game and aiming to spoil Parker's 250th.

Paddy's stats are indeed impressive enough to make this list - imagine how good he could be after playing a couple of seasons for us down back!!

ranked first in the league for intercept marks (3.6), third among key defenders contested defensive loss percentage (10%) and equal-eighth for intercept possessions (7.9).

I listened live to that , not even newsworthy . I'm sure Parks is shitting himself

Parker got smashed in the head by Zak Jones and got up like nothing happened. What on earth could the Essendon midfield seagulls do that should have him trembling?

Bring on the wet lettuce leaves and soggy bog rolls!

Thought this bit in the article was interesting to see;

Now, not only is he an integral member of a backline that’s helping the Swans push for a premiership, he’s in the All-Australian mix.

The primary angle from the media has been the comeback, playing with his brother etc. Maybe the AA selectors would like to put a feel good exclamation mark on his season? :)

Thought this bit in the article was interesting to see;

The primary angle from the media has been the comeback, playing with his brother etc. Maybe the AA selectors would like to put a feel good exclamation mark on his season? :)
Not sure he's best AA 22. But he deserves to be in the 40 - but Reg never got a nod at his best <still so freaking dirty over that one> so who knows.

Not sure he's best AA 22. But he deserves to be in the 40 - but Reg never got a nod at his best <still so freaking dirty over that one> so who knows.

Reg never got an All Australian so I now believe that no one deserves to be All Australian.

Completely meaningless, utter tripe of an accolade.

Reg never got an All Australian so I now believe that no one deserves to be All Australian.

Completely meaningless, utter tripe of an accolade.
Smith never got a single Brownlow vote

Time to relocate back to South.
Sydney-siders are used to Sydney press being dominated by League. It's fair enough I guess, given the sheer weight of League supporters, unless we're in a grand final, then the whole town jumps on board. Besides, it's not like we have to listen to stuff about other AFL clubs.

I'm surprised our hordes of faithful South supporters in AFLbourne aren't up in arms about the lack of Swans coverage in their media.

Imagine having to sit through endless AFL footy shows where shitty no-hoper teams get half an hour of coverage while Swans supporters wait hungrily to be thrown as much as a crumb. Like seagulls watching people pigging out on hot fish 'n chips, hoping just one or two cold soggy scraps will come their way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still havent rewatched 14 or 16
Same here. The '14 was insipid with too many passengers. I put that one down to the karma fairies making us payback for 2012, when the Hawks were favourites. It was like '05 & '06 against the weagles. Disappointing but one all isn't total s**t, though when Craig Bird can come on as sub and have more impact in a quarter of footy than most of our team had in a full game it was obvious we weren't destined for glory.

'16 hurt like hell because we were in it and battling manfully. Hanners was cutting them down with his incredible run and carry, inspiring our team. With the bravedogs on the ropes the AFL desperately needed some heroes to stand firm and turn the momentum around. Enter their pet yellow maggots, theys tood firm in the face of an over-whelming public outcry, they ignored the already skewed free kick count and seized the game by the scruff of their whistles. Dogs drop the ball in a tackle? Holding the man against the Swans. Sliding into Hanners and taking out his legs was a free against Hanners for being there. Time after time those heroic maggots went in hard, finding frees where none were, turning their heads at key moments to miss the bleeding obvious. The Melbourne media got the headlines they wanted and, as a bonus for the AFL, the media were asking the right questions, talking about the Buddy deal as some kind of failure.

Of course, the epilogue to the '16 story is Buddy is still tearing teams apart and he's still pushing for a premiership with the Swans. He remains an icon of all that is good about our team, helping fans of footy to cheer cheer the red and the white as their second team. More and more have come to realise how the bravedogs and the AFL conspired to defraud the Swans in 2016.

We may not have the '16 trophy amongst our silverware but we don't need it. We have the respect of the footy public. We suffered at the beginning of the '17 season, pained by the loss, then we got over it. We let our footy do the talking with the most incredible turnaround in AFL history.

The bravedogs' can keep that piece of tin. Whenever their players or coaches walk past it they're reminded of how low they stooped to steal it.

It’ll only make it funnier when we drub them in their "statement game". Low key I’d want Parker to do the same thing if we’re well on top in the last. Imagine the uproar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30JUN22: Swans Daily Media/Multiple
It’ll only make it funnier when we drub them in their "statement game". Low key I’d want Parker to do the same thing if we’re well on top in the last. Imagine the uproar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It would only be surpassed by Goodes's complete disregard of Health and Safety when he threw an imaginary spear into the crowd.

Last edited:
I'm now fully prepared for at least 2 articles a day on how the Bombers are going for 'revenge' due to Parker incident. Talk about a one track mind.

That Fox Sports story was about Swans being the sleeping giants of the comp. 'Napping giants' is more accurate. If we can stay awake every match like we did last week we can do some serious damage .. but that really would be a different gear.

The weakest thing for Essendon to do would be to target Parker. What would be gutsy if the whole team showed some fire at the contest. SO not a good game for us to doze off.

I'm now fully prepared for at least 2 articles a day on how the Bombers are going for 'revenge' due to Parker incident. Talk about a one track mind.

We should start him on the bench....would be a good p155take. They will be so pumped for Parker eh, we may well be able to ambush them again right from the get-go as their faux tough guy impersonations center on Parker. If the Wings don't come in too far from center bounces, a handball right past Parker will open things up for the first few bounces.

GIF by MOODMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back