Media Swans Talk in the Media 2022

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Journo maybe , but not a footy one sport ! he named 9 Swans and not Hickey , anyone that has any knowledge of the game would have him in the top 9 and 17 contested possies
I actually thought he was beaten in the ruck, our midfielders did a better job when it hit the deck.

I also thought Sam Reid rucked better than Hickey.

He was in best 9 though, because of his work around ground

I actually thought he was beaten in the ruck, our midfielders did a better job when it hit the deck.

I also thought Sam Reid rucked better than Hickey.

He was in best 9 though, because of his work around ground
Cameron was not really competing as he was trying to block Hickey , his 2nd half he was unbeatable . Sorry should be in game thread

To be fair bedders, I'm not sure he would've been in my top 9, but that's only because after the top few players, I could've put a blanket over about 15 of our players. I can see how he'd be in some and can also see how he wouldn't be.
You'd be pretty stupid not to guess which one Hickey was standing under a blanket with 14 other people

YOU WENT TOO EARLY !
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

As beaten Collingwood coach Craig McRae mused on Sunday, the confines of the SCG can make it hard to find space when you’re used to playing at the MCG. McRae claimed the Swans were the toughest defensive side the Magpies had faced this season.

“I thought their defence was outstanding,” McRae said. “The way we move the ball, the spaces of the MCG allow us to spread the field then use the corridor. This ground didn’t allow us to do that, but they didn’t allow us as well.”

Are these people thick? You could make the argument that the SCG is the most similar ground to the MCG.

5 metres shorter and 5 metres narrower. 2.5 metres on each side of the ground from a centre clearance.

Bigger area than AO, Kardinia and Marvel.

There was a time the 50m arc was only 47m at it would have intersected the goal square, from memory one year they painted 47 on the arc.

It’s now a genuine 50, with a 2.5 less gap to the square.

It was extended when they built the Trumper and again when they rebuilt to Noble/Bradman.

******* nuffies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As beaten Collingwood coach Craig McRae mused on Sunday, the confines of the SCG can make it hard to find space when you’re used to playing at the MCG. McRae claimed the Swans were the toughest defensive side the Magpies had faced this season.

“I thought their defence was outstanding,” McRae said. “The way we move the ball, the spaces of the MCG allow us to spread the field then use the corridor. This ground didn’t allow us to do that, but they didn’t allow us as well.”

Are these people thick? You could make the argument that the SCG is the most similar ground to the MCG.

5 metres shorter and 5 metres narrower. 2.5 metres on each side of the ground from a centre clearance.

There was a time the 50m arc was only 47m at it would have intersected the goal square, from memory one year they painted 47 on the arc.

It was extended when they built the Trumper and again when they rebuilt to Noble/Bradman.

******* nuffies.
It is smaller than the MCG, but we are bigger than others - including Docklands

End of the day - most clubs have to travel so the Pies should learn how to play for more than 1 field

******* nuffies.
So McRae basically admitted him and & coaching staff didn't adapt or even plan to adapt their game for the SCG. Oops.

It's a well known fact that interstate teams get 'lost' in the wings of the SCG if they're not prepared, I remember Cam Mooney talking about it ages ago. The Swans know it and push teams wide and it usually works rather well for us if we execute it correctly.

The Magpies wanted to play down the middle, the Swans pushed them wide and kept them there pretty much all day. Magpies were unable to adapt because they play so much at home they're not accustomed to it. Idiots.

This game was the very definition of no Plan B.

Wish some of you would stop moaning so much about our media recognition.

Wow! I read and watched all the same stuff as you guys, but got a completely different vibe.

*First crack was highly complimentary about the Swans with both King and Montagna stating the Swans are a force to be reckoned with.
*On the Couch were highly complimentary stating our game is producing similar stats to Geelong's, and that we are a real contender.
*McCrae gave credit to the Swans stating they hadn't played the ground well, but that the Swans played really well and in particular the back six.

It really is sounding like some are refusing to accept all the positive acknowledgements we are getting, and focusing only on negatives. And if they can't find one, taking a statement out of context and misconstruing it into one. Ours wasn't the only big game on the weekend, but we do seem to be getting our share of coverage, and mostly it's good feedback.

Just lately it's feeling a bit like we're happy to have a crack at anyone who doesn't only talk about us and how good we are the whole time. Starting to feel a bit like we're moving towards being whingers and whiners; the same type of posters who haunt the North, Collingwood, Richmond and Doggies boards...

Wow! I read and watched all the same stuff as you guys, but got a completely different vibe.

*First crack was highly complimentary about the Swans with both King and Montagna stating the Swans are a force to be reckoned with.
*On the Couch were highly complimentary stating our game is producing similar stats to Geelong's, and that we are a real contender.
*McCrae gave credit to the Swans stating they hadn't played the ground well, but that the Swans played really well and in particular the back six.

It really is sounding like some are refusing to accept all the positive acknowledgements we are getting, and focusing only on negatives. And if they can't find one, taking a statement out of context and misconstruing it into one. Ours wasn't the only big game on the weekend, but we do seem to be getting our share of coverage, and mostly it's good feedback.

Just lately it's feeling a bit like we're happy to have a crack at anyone who doesn't only talk about us and how good we are the whole time. Starting to feel a bit like we're moving towards being whingers and whiners; the same type of posters who haunt the North, Collingwood, Richmond and Doggies boards...
Well said. You put it better than I could've.

But all the above doesn't really matter until we have BT rooting for us. We demand HIS recognition!

Correct , we got plenty today . Personally rather go under the radar

So McRae basically admitted him and & coaching staff didn't adapt or even plan to adapt their game for the SCG. Oops.

It's a well known fact that interstate teams get 'lost' in the wings of the SCG if they're not prepared, I remember Cam Mooney talking about it ages ago. The Swans know it and push teams wide and it usually works rather well for us if we execute it correctly.

The Magpies wanted to play down the middle, the Swans pushed them wide and kept them there pretty much all day. Magpies were unable to adapt because they play so much at home they're not accustomed to it. Idiots.

This game was the very definition of no Plan B.

Almost as though they're um, ... er, let me think, something like one-trick pony? Funny no one's ever pointed that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back