Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
A pretty good analysis for the most part. I am expecting a consolidation year to be honest. I would be happy to make the top 8, I am not expecting a top 4 run.
We have a tough start to the season. A lot will depend on how we negotiate that and if we can eliminate those weird losses from last year and win the games we should.
The young guys will have better tanks.
A couple of key injuries could hurt us badly but if we are just reasonably lucky I can see us challenging for 4th.
Last year's top 4 all took games off each other. If we finish 5/6 I for one will call that a success.

mattpolo8

Red and white tragic
Sep 25, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Miami Heat
We have a tough start to the season. A lot will depend on how we negotiate that and if we can eliminate those weird losses from last year and win the games we should.
The young guys will have better tanks.
A couple of key injuries could hurt us badly but if we are just reasonably lucky I can see us challenging for 4th.
Last year's top 4 all took games off each other. If we finish 5/6 I for one will call that a success.
A tough start?

Giants (basically at home)
Geelong (home)
Dogs (away)
North (home)
West Coast (away)
Hawthorn (away)

Forgive me for thinking we really should be 5-1 at best after 6 rounds.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
A tough start?

Giants (basically at home)
Geelong (home)
Dogs (away)
North (home)
West Coast (away)
Hawthorn (away)

Forgive me for thinking we really should be 5-1 at best after 6 rounds.
Could easily be down 0-3 but I love your confidence.

mattpolo8

Red and white tragic
Sep 25, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Miami Heat
Could easily be down 0-3 but I love your confidence.
yeah. I know. But its not a tough start. Sure, we could drop easy games. Any team could. But if you think thats a tough start, what if we had the Dees in there, along with Dogs both away, Brisbane at home, and 3 other games. What would you classify that as? We play 3 teams that won't play finals, one that might not, one that surely the slide happens this year on what could be the biggest occasion in footy this year bar the GF, and one of the best teams in the comp. I think we did okay.

01MAR22: Angus Anderson/Swans Website
Angus Anderson has just been awarded Sydney’s annual Frank Burton Scholarship

Anderson is still a member of the QBE Sydney Swans Academy, but he's shown so much promise that he was invited to pre-season training with the Swans and given special permission to play against the Giants.
He moved from Sawtell to Sydney last November for pre-season training and is looking forward to playing with the Sydney Swans VFL team this year.

01MAR22: Winners & Losers of the Practice Match Lazybits/Mongrel Punt
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Two Swans in the winners circle according to MP site. McCartin & Warner - hard to argue against those two

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
Interesting. A week ago I would have said pretty spot on. The addition of Paddy McCartin to defence is just about certain I would think. Probably knocking Fox/O'Riordan out of the team. He kind of missed that JMac played most of the second half of last season at HBF.
But all in all a lot better than some.

Interesting. A week ago I would have said pretty spot on. The addition of Paddy McCartin to defence is just about certain I would think. Probably knocking Fox/O'Riordan out of the team. He kind of missed that JMac played most of the second half of last season at HBF.
But all in all a lot better than some.

That's pretty much every Swans preview I've read over the off-season. They're good for one shocker of a call every time. Pretty much like all of us on here. Reckon we all agree on 19/20 of our players in the team and from there on we all start making calls that at least one person reading would think "the ****?" :p

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
That's pretty much every Swans preview I've read over the off-season. They're good for one shocker of a call every time. Pretty much like all of us on here. Reckon we all agree on 19/20 of our players in the team and from there on we all start making calls that at least one person reading would think "the ****?" :p
Reckon that's about right. Posters and pundits near unanimous on the core of the team and arguments over just a few players and maybe best positions.
I like that the group to argue about is getting bigger.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
02MAR22: Isaac Heeny re-signs/Multiple
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Big news..I'll add as they're posted