Not open for further replies.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
Logan holding things up because he wants 8 years, we'll meet in the middle
Pounds to peanuts he wants a shorter contract and/or more money. Backing himself to be worth more in two or three years and have plenty of leverage. Good work by his agent EXCEPT it's too public. That's potentially a mistake.

03MAR22: Isaac Heeney interview/SEN
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

04MAR22: Isaac Heeney interview/SEN Morning show
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Heeney podcast interview with Kane Cornes & David King at the bottom of the article.

JPK will be doing a Hewett down back role a bit it seems this year, providing we have all we need in the middle. Seems to be tactic if the mid is leaving maybe? Indicates JPK's last year I feel.

Now we're in trouble, King has gone big on Swans.:tongueoutv1:

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Heeney podcast interview with Kane Cornes & David King at the bottom of the article.

JPK will be doing a Hewett down back role a bit it seems this year, providing we have all we need in the middle. Seems to be tactic if the mid is leaving maybe? Indicates JPK's last year I feel.

Shouldn't have to do Hewetts role he should be still with us

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney

I hope we won't see JPK down back. Unlike Hewett, Ziebell or Heppell he's not fast nor agile enough for that kind of role full time.
Better I hope that he changes his role within the midfield rotation, which we know he can do effectively. Then he can step in when needed.
You're probably right that this is his last year.

I hope we won't see JPK down back. Unlike Hewett, Ziebell or Heppell he's not fast nor agile enough for that kind of role full time.
Better I hope that he changes his role within the midfield rotation, which we know he can do effectively. Then he can step in when needed.
You're probably right that this is his last year.

I expect he will want to go on next year.

04MAR22: Swans 2022 preview/The Roar
Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney

momentbymoment

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
Noosa
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
A pretty good analysis for the most part. I am expecting a consolidation year to be honest. I would be happy to make the top 8, I am not expecting a top 4 run.
I agree with this although I do reserve the right to be pissed off, upset and emotional every time we lose …

Skeparovic

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Kinda sad when Swans own website don't know what number their players were drafted. Apparently Heeney was pick 5 in 2014 draft now. Hands down he is better than De Goey though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Great John Longmire interview

I am hoping when he says JPK's role/position is gonna be flexible that it's more Late Career Jude than Late Career Kizza. Pretty much as soon as Jack was shifted out of the main midfield mix and spent more time forward and on the wing, the end came pretty quickly for him (albeit injuries didn't help either.)

06MAR22: Swans v North Match Reports/Multiple
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
I'll keep adding to this post as the articles become available

Last edited:
07MAR22: Weekend Outtakes/Fox Footy
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
SYDNEY SWANS

They’re not standing still

It could be tempting not to change too much after such an impressive year in 2021, but there seems to be plenty of change on the horizon in 2022. Paddy McCartin’s inclusion looks seamless so far in defence, while Justin McInerney has stepped into the hole left by Jordan Dawson with ease. Interestingly, Josh Kennedy looked to be rotating through both halfback and a wing, seemingly helping the side retain the one-two punch it had with Dawson and McInerney. There are several positional changes and virtually all of them appear to be boosting an already daunting side to face.

Last edited:
SYDNEY SWANS

They’re not standing still

It could be tempting not to change too much after such an impressive year in 2021, but there seems to be plenty of change on the horizon in 2022. Paddy McCartin’s inclusion looks seamless so far in defence, while Justin McInerney has stepped into the hole left by Jordan Dawson with ease. Interestingly, Josh Kennedy looked to be rotating through both halfback and a wing, seemingly helping the side retain the one-two punch it had with Dawson and McInerney. There are several positional changes and virtually all of them appear to be boosting an already daunting side to face.

Written by yourself or do we have a link to this article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back