Media Swans Talk in the Media 2022

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep, he was pretty on the money. I didn't mind the idea of JPK playing in the guts for the 1st 15 mins, just to settle those around him down. Id add Parker too. Monttanga spoke about absorbing the the pressure when the game is hottest (ie, first quarter) then dishing it out.. and the young Swans aren't doing that.. JPK and Parker have been doing exactly that for 250 games

Leigh Montagna on a roll with analysis of Sydney. He isnt wrong

“Their gap between their best football and their worst is the biggest in the competition,” Montagna said.

“When they win, their clearance game, contested possession game and turnover game – which is their greatest asset – is top three in the competition, it’s elite. When they are losing, it’s bottom three.”

Montagna pointed to several key Swans players whose performances have dropped off significantly from wins to losses, according to the AFL Player Ratings: Callum Mills (-47%), James Rowbottom (-42%), Ollie Florent (-35%), Justin McInerney (-32%) and Isaac Heeney (-29%).

Tom McCartin

14MAY22: Swans def Bombers Match Reports/Multiple
Swans down the Bombers, nice to be back in the winners circle.

Newly added:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

16MAY22: Todays Media lazybits/Multiple
16MAY22: Dane Rampe interview/Swans website
Rampe interview on Swans website.

'Are you looking forward to your 200th this weekend?'
"yep, If I get there, I broke my arm the night before my 100th"
haha.. forgot about that. Great player!!

A shoutout to this richly-deserved JPK shoutout,

'I’m not sure it was mentioned, but he not only went past Gary Ablett in contested touches, but he passed Sam Mitchell to become the number one clearance player of all-time in the same game.
They should have stopped the game, gave him the game-ball and honoured a bloke that has been an absolute warrior for the club, and a bastion of all that is good about the league. The way he has slipped into a secondary role despite the accolades I just mentioned attached to his name is the epitome of dignity and class at AFL level.
Josh Kennedy – all-time leader in contested possessions and clearances.

Sydney v Essendon - The Big Questions - The Mongrel Punt

Interesting stat by the Mongrel Punt

"20 disposals for Florent and the Swans win – it’s a thing… look it up."
A shoutout to this richly-deserved JPK shoutout,

'I’m not sure it was mentioned, but he not only went past Gary Ablett in contested touches, but he passed Sam Mitchell to become the number one clearance player of all-time in the same game.
They should have stopped the game, gave him the game-ball and honoured a bloke that has been an absolute warrior for the club, and a bastion of all that is good about the league. The way he has slipped into a secondary role despite the accolades I just mentioned attached to his name is the epitome of dignity and class at AFL level.
Josh Kennedy – all-time leader in contested possessions and clearances.

Sydney v Essendon - The Big Questions - The Mongrel Punt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back