Media Swans Talk in the Media 2022

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting stat by the Mongrel Punt

"20 disposals for Florent and the Swans win – it’s a thing… look it up."

I'm sure it is a thing, but it's a weird, misguided point to make as they have it the wrong way around. Their implication is that we play well because Florent's numbers are up. In reality, Florent's numbers are up because we play well. I am a Florent fan but he's a low-possession, mostly outside player. If he's getting a lot of the ball then it means the team is going pretty strong.

I like their work but I feel like they just really like Florent (so do most of us!) and are using that figure to justify it, when in reality our 68% winning record when Florent gets 20+ touches has him behind other young mids like McInerney (90%)(!), Rowbottom & Warner (both 70%), so it's just not that remarkable.

Last edited:
Interesting stat by the Mongrel Punt

"20 disposals for Florent and the Swans win – it’s a thing… look it up."
I did in fact look it up;
Florent 2022 3 games of 20 or more = 3 wins v GWS, NM, Ess
Florent 2021 9 games of 20 or more = 7 wins v Adel, Rich, Ess, Gee, Carlton, WCE, Gold Coast 2 LOSSES v Gold Coast, Freo
Florent 2020 6 games of 20 or more = 3 wins v Adel, NM, Haw 3 LOSSES v Ess, WCE, St Kilda
Florent 2019 9 games of 20 or more = 4 wins v NM, WCE, Gold Coast, Melb 5 LOSSES v Melb, Rich, Geel, GWS, Port
Florent 2018 8 games of 20 or more = 7 wins v Haw, Freo, Bris, Carl, St K, WCE, NM 1 LOSS v WCE
(2017 nil games over 20)

So overall 35 games of 20 or more = 24 wins & 11 losses (68%)
Career overall 102 games 52 wins, losses 50 (51%)

So Ollie has a better record when he gets 20 or more disposals, but still a win ratio of less than 70%.
And as Kiama Chris and caesar88 point out correlation, not causation and his record is in fact below other players.

I'm going to call this;
Myth-busted.jpg

Last edited:
Do not want.
I wouldn't get too stressed about the Dusty rumour. Tony Sheehan is the same bloke who 'alerted' us all to the fact Hall, Leo and Roosy didn't attend the 2012 Premiership reunion.

Totally missing of course the fact that none of them actually played or coached in said Premiership. As bedford so eloquently put it - the bloke is a trash reporter.

Florent 2021 9 games of 20 or more = 7 wins v Adel, Rich, Ess, Gee, Carlton, WCE, Gold Coast 2 LOSSES v Gold Coast, Freo
Florent 2020 6 games of 20 or more = 3 wins v Adel, NM, Haw 3 LOSSES v Ess, WCE, St Kilda
Florent 2019 9 games of 20 or more = 4 wins v NM, WCE, Gold Coast, Melb 5 LOSSES v Melb, Rich, Geel, GWS, Port
Florent 2018 8 games of 20 or more = 7 wins v Haw, Freo, Bris, Carl, St K, WCE, NM 1 LOSS v WCE
(2017 nil games over 20)

So Ollie has a better record when he gets 20 or more disposals, but still a win ratio of less than 70%.
And as Kiama Chris and caesar88 point out correlation, not causation and his record is in fact below other players.

I'm going to call this;
View attachment 1401990
hmm.. maybe not. Is there more to this equation!!?
2018/21/22
Florent(20+) - 17 wins & 3 losses. Thats a pretty good 85%
Swans - 35 wins & 18 losses. Thats only 66%
2019/20 (remember those great years)
Florent(20+) - 7 wins & 8 losses. Thats a pretty s**t 47%, but still heaps better than..
Swans - 13 wins & 26 losses. Thats a really s**t 33%

So, when Florent gets the ball, the Swans win a lot more..
way too late at night!

Isaac Heeney starts 30 mins

Oof. Caro not happy

200.gif

I listened to the podcast at lunch.
Caro didn't get a lot of support from the others. Jake Niall and someone else.

(2017 nil games over 20)

I'm going to call this;
View attachment 1401990

And yet we never lost to WCE in 2018

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Ollie, it's just a case that he sees the ball when we're dominating rather than being the reason for it. To me, it signals that he needs to find a way to get involved when the team aren't going too well or find a way to influence the game.

Oof. Caro not happy

Caro:
“I heard (Giants veteran) Phil Davis on commentary say, ‘Luke Parker has got that in him, he’s got that niggly side,’ but I have never seen that in Luke Parker,” she said.

Caro proves she doesn't know what she's talking about and like most of her opinions, it's based on limited info or basically makes things up. Of course parker niggles you moron, it's not a freaking knitting club. She should comment on politics if she wants to talk about diplomacy.

Longmire
"We touched on it as part of the review, we didn't talk about it for too long at all.
"Luke's record speaks for itself, he's a wonderful servant for our footy club and plays it in the right way and that's the way he'll continue to play."
Longmire believed Sydney put up a strong case to the Tribunal but accepted the decision.
Martin
"We haven't spoken about him, so I'm not sure what that leaves us," Longmire said.
"It's not something we've discussed.
"I don't comment on players from our club and their contract status so I certainly don't comment on players from other clubs."

Last edited by a moderator:
Media for the Day:

Swans 7th youngest in the League
Swans 5th in average games played

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back