Media Swans Talk in the Media 2022

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also shows just how important that attacking / rebounding / running half back role has become.. that now it warrants a tag

Do we all remember the frustration in how the Swans would draft 'Another Half Back Flanker'.. reckon they were ahead of the pack

The problem is the half-back flankers we kept drafting (Ling and Stoddart) were not good choices.

Also I wish Longmire picked up on tagging half-backs in 2016. The Grand Final could have been very different.

The problem is the half-back flankers we kept drafting (Ling and Stoddart) were not good choices.

Also I wish Longmire picked up on tagging half-backs in 2016. The Grand Final could have been very different.
Ling - injuries screwed him.. just bad luck
Stoddart was a very late pick, as was JMac. One has worked out pretty well
Corey Warner & Rankine are the recent two.. both late picks and both looking ok
2016 - theres alot of hindsight in that. Horse is still the first to tag a half back. I think he was also the first to tag an intercepting defender - Hayward played a couple of defensive roles

• David King's AFL Nation preview added to Swans Daily Media
  • JPK Hamstring

Last edited:

David King's AFL Nation preview added to Swans Daily Media

Can we stick to media on here ticky009 , not meaning you

07AUG22: North v Swans Match Report/Multiple
Match Reports:

Last edited:
shouldn't be surprised ... in the weekly "Nine things we learned" section on the afl website, this was ours from today

8. There's hope for the Kangas

This year hasn't gone to plan for North, and they have been on the end of some sizeable defeats. However, there have been much better signs during the past five weeks. They failed to close out Collingwood in round 17 after leading for much of the match, then beat Richmond a week later. After two heavy losses to Hawthorn and Essendon respectively, the Roos took it up to the vastly superior Swans on Sunday and played better than the 18th-placed side. Their pressure and effort was hugely impressive; they just lacked some experience and polish. With Adelaide (away) and Gold Coast (at home) to come, North has a great opportunity to finish the season well, which would do wonders for the club ahead of 2023. If the Roos can nail their draft picks and perhaps pick up a quality experienced player during the trade period, they can attack the new season with a bit of optimism. - Trent Masenhelder

Great analysis of the Swans defence by David King on First Crack tonight.

Clearly showed how our structure is all about freeing up Paddy to intercept mark, even if it means a small defender is temporarily on an opposition tall.

We also play strictly goal-side across the ground.

Fascinating analysis if you get a chance to see it.

LUKE PARKER coming up on SEN

LUKE PARKER coming up on SEN

It's okay i told Ticky009 to take the day off !

08AUG22: Swans Daily Media/Multiple
Swans Daily Media:

Report card

Buckley joins David King in calling out Swans being a threat & then calls out the media nuffies for being hysterical over Buddies contract

Match Review

Great Callum Mills article

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great analysis of the Swans defence by David King on First Crack tonight.

Clearly showed how our structure is all about freeing up Paddy to intercept mark, even if it means a small defender is temporarily on an opposition tall.

We also play strictly goal-side across the ground.

Fascinating analysis if you get a chance to see it.

Yep, saw it with Lloyd and Fox on Goldstein

Here's the audio of King, Joey, etc talking about Swans defence. It is fascinating and like they say very simple.
Starts 14:20

Wheatly summed Swans in the media perfectly today:

"They'll be holding up the cup, red and white confetti falling down and I'll still be thinking 'gee, I am not sure on these Swans'".

They just don't watch or care

After reaching out to a connection I have to the club to get some tickets for the Pies game, I was told to keep my eye out for a 'big announcement' from the club tomorrow. I think the only possibility it could be is that Kennedy will officially announce his retirement tomorrow but wait and see I guess?

Here's the audio of King, Joey, etc talking about Swans defence. It is fascinating and like they say very simple.
Starts 14:20

Is there vision of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Callum Mills is the best two way runner in the AFL article by Cameron Ling added to today's media post

Swans Daily Media 8th August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back