Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Brenton Sanderson on with Whaterley about to describe what Horse has to do to beat the Filth
He was great , got me pumped . He said what i did the other day be patient and don't bomb it , must only go in from 70 out.
Someone will get this up i hope

He was great , got me pumped . He said what i did the other day be patient and don't bomb it , must only go in from 70 out.
Someone will get this up i hope
Yep, previous page Bedders

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Yep, previous page Bedders
Maybe for discussion on game day page , do you think . Sounding like Bruce don't you think

ErrolisGoldun

Club Legend
Jun 14, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Simple game plan.
#1 Keep Collingwood to < 20 marks/quarter
#2 I50 pressure
#3 Only kick to I50 when < 70 m from goal - no long bombs, forwards spread so 1 v 1 marking

Like Sando, seems like a quality fella and astute footy mind.

Agree with the way we beat the Pies and that we match up very well against them. Confident for Sunday, just a struggle to wait!!

RubbaDuck

All Australian
Mar 6, 2022
AFL Club
Sydney
Horse is just really bloody good at people.
Dead right. I sometimes wonder how a guy like Dyl keeps the faith as he watches younger draftees get opportunities ahead of him. How Clarke or Fox keep training and playing their best in the VFL in the scant hope that they might get selected, ready to give everything to grab the chance if its offered. At least a dozen others carry the same belief, pushing hard for a chance, though they must know that mathematically they won't all get a game.

No doubt players vying for a spot respect that the ball is in their court, that when an opportunity presents itself it's theirs to seize with both hands. Such fidelity, such belief in the club and the team, is almost astonishing in an era where players so easily swap clubs for opportunities.

The few players who leave the Swans generally do so for family reasons or when they're advised to look elsewhere. I get the feeling such advice would be the hardest for Horse to give, but he'd give it if he thought it was genuinely in a player's best interests, and he'd do them the courtesy of being honest.

Horse wears his love for his club and his players proudly. He doesn't hide it behind a gruff exterior. It's there for all to see, raw and unflitered. The players have responded by showing that same love and devotion for their coach, their teamates and the club.

This is a very special club full of very special people. We talk about the spirit of the Bloods as one of great courage and personal sacrifice, but it's also the spirit of great love and respect for each other.

12AUG22:Swans Daily Media/Multiple
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
AA Team Discussions:

Sliding Doors with JPK love

Chad Warner is the Mongrel Punts Champ Midfielder - paywall article ( a reminder to everyone - do not copy paste articles from a paywall site - it is against BF rules.)

Out of the Archives:

Fantastic video with Phil Hillyard - the legend photographer whose work features all over your Insta/Twitter pics and indeed the Swans BF pages. He's taken some of the most important photos of Bloods history.

Weekend Round 22 Previews & thoughts

Errol Gulden Interview:

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Ticks did anyone get the Horse interview on MMM with Jude yesterday
No. They didn't release a separate link for the interview - so the only way you can access is listen to the entire show - which requires you log into their page.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Daily Media post has been updated with new articles

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
AA Team Discussions:

Sliding Doors with JPK love

Chad Warner is the Mongrel Punts Champ Midfielder - paywall article ( a reminder to everyone - do not copy paste articles from a paywall site - it is against BF rules.)

Out of the Archives:

Fantastic video with Phil Hillyard - the legend photographer whose work features all over your Insta/Twitter pics and indeed the Swans BF pages. He's taken some of the most important photos of Bloods history.

Weekend Round 22 Preview - the Mongrel Punt
The AA team stuff is pure fluff.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Adam Goodes has a new role with Soccer Australia - read the article in Former Player thread

Logan on Lance:
I’m always learning off him, whether that’s about body work or leading patterns, or smarts, or the way he looks for moments in games to take over is something that I really look up to. I’m just going to keep learning as much as I can.”

14AUG22: Swans vs Collingwood Match Reports/Multiple
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Its always fantastic to savour a win - nothing better than reading it and re-living the moment! Go BLOODS!

Last edited:
I will try really hard not to be bothered by the constant deflection and lack of recognition afforded to the Swans by the Vic media this week... really really hard
"Aww yeah Swans did Swans things but HOW GOOD WILL NEXT WEEK BE?! COLLINGWOOD. CARLTON. MCG LIVE ON PAY PER VIEW!" or something

Olian

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2013
Between the Bridges
AFL Club
Sydney

Nine tings we learned.

4. No one wants to play a final at the SCG - except the Swans

The SCG is becoming a fortress again. Sydney has won seven games in a row at home by an average winning margin of 43 points. And it's more than that. A crowd of 44,659 crammed into the SCG on Sunday afternoon against Collingwood – the venue's third-highest attendance for any AFL game and the second-highest for a home and away match. The club built the game up as its biggest non-final at the SCG in 20 years and it delivered. When Dane Rampe chased down Brody Mihocek in the last quarter, the game was already well and truly over, but the crowd erupted like it was match-winning. Something special is going on at the SCG right now. The Swans might have two home finals to look forward to next month, potentially including a preliminary final. - Josh Gabelich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back