Club Legend
Jul 28, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
LEEDS F’jh#$@G UNITED
Ive been floored by the complete absence of actual assessment of the Swans -

OTC bled on about StKilda to give the kraut his time in the sun.....,

AFL360 was all about Ratten’s prospects......

only Hudson on the 1st crack raised them as a subject....to which those rapier-sharp analysts King and Montagna giggled like school kids and said.....’Yeah well, what can you say about such an exciting bunch of youngsters’........

.......Maybe an observation on resilience?

Still......under the radar is often better...

only Hudson on the 1st crack raised them as a subject....to which those rapier-sharp analysts King and Montagna giggled like school kids and said.....’Yeah well, what can you say about such an exciting bunch of youngsters’........

To be fair, I don't think the game said as much about us as it did about the Saints.

St Kilda were unbelievably poor and it's not like we played breathtakingly. We probably should've given them a thumping to the tune of 70-80 points they were that bad. We just did what we needed to, which is nowhere near as interesting as a top 8 side in a massive pressure game basically capitulating.

The very first thing I said when the siren went was - "WTF were St Kilda doing?", so I can see how the media had the same perspective.

But yeah the collective weeks of refusal by the media to show us any real sort of appreciation is exhausting.

swanssince2002

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2018
21kms from Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Ehhh I think we were given enough coverage of the Dees win, which was definitely worth the adulation even if May was out. Beating the top team was worth talking about, not so St Kilda who is the middle of the pack.

This was an 8 point game and St Kilda completely bottled it. Easier to go in on them.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC

Still......under the radar is often better...
Buckley on SEN this morning was good

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
Ever since Gerard Healy was replaced as the compere of "On the Couch" the Swans have ceased to exist.

And after our next flag, whenever that is, we’ll hear the same remarks about where did these Swans come from? How did we sneak up on everyone? Well maybe they’d know the ******g answer if they talked about us just once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

momentbymoment

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
Noosa
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
And after our next flag, whenever that is, we’ll hear the same remarks about where did these Swans come from? How did we sneak up on everyone? Well maybe they’d know the ******g answer if they talked about us just once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No.
After our next flag they will be closing down the academies and doing everything they can to ensure we don’t draft anyone of note.

Very very late rankings after analysing replay
Everyone starts at 0 and only goes up, accounting for the entire game (i.e. most players average out to a 5 and below that doesn't necessarily mean a "bad" game. Not everyone can be a stand out.)

Swans
Hickey 10
-
Blakey 8
Lloyd 8
-
Florent 7
Rampe 7
Warner 7
Fox 7
Papley 7
Gulden 6
Reid 6
Mills 6
Parker 6
-
Franklin 5
Stephens 5
Heeney 5
Rowbottom 5
P McCartin 4
-
Clarke 3
Hayward 3
T McCartin 3
Campbell 3
McDonald 2

Saints
Marshall 9
-
Wilkie 6
Steele 6
-
Ross 5
Battle 5
Sinclair 5
Membrey 5
Crouch 5
Howard 5
Billings 5
Windhager 4
Clark 4
Gresham 4
Jones 4
-
Webster 3
Byrnes 3
Butler 3
Paton 2
Wanganeen-Milera 2
-
Long 1
King 1
Sharman 0

Last edited:
Was losing my mind watching this game because Blakey was just good-not-great for 3 quarters and everyone was loving him after the game, I thought I was missing something. I was, as he had a huge last quarter. Arguably junk time but who cares.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Everyone starts at 0 and only goes up, accounting for the entire game (i.e. most players average out to a 5 and below that doesn't necessarily mean a "bad" game. Not everyone can be a stand out.)

Swans
Hickey 10
-
Blakey 8
Lloyd 8
-
Florent 7
Rampe 7
Warner 7
Fox 7
Papley 7
Gulden 6
Reid 6
Mills 6
Parker 6
-
Franklin 5
Stephens 5
Heeney 5
Rowbottom 5
P McCartin 4
-
Clarke 3
Hayward 3
T McCartin 3
Campbell 3
McDonald 2

Saints
Marshall 9
-
Wilkie 6
Steele 6
-
Ross 5
Battle 5
Sinclair 5
Membrey 5
Crouch 5
Howard 5
Billings 5
Windhager 4
Clark 4
Gresham 4
Jones 4
-
Webster 3
Byrnes 3
Butler 3
Paton 2
Wanganeen-Milera 2
-
Long 1
King 1
Sharman 0
Stephens too low , don't know why you bothered with them

Jul 9, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney

Swans
Hickey 10
-
Blakey 8
Lloyd 8
-
Florent 7
Rampe 7
Warner 7
Fox 7
Papley 7
Gulden 6
Reid 6
Mills 6
Parker 6
-
Franklin 5
Stephens 5
Heeney 5
Rowbottom 5
P McCartin 4
-
Clarke 3
Hayward 3
T McCartin 3
Campbell 3
McDonald 2

Saints
Marshall 9
-
Wilkie 6
Steele 6
-
Ross 5
Battle 5
Sinclair 5
Membrey 5
Crouch 5
Howard 5
Billings 5
Windhager 4
Clark 4
Gresham 4
Jones 4
-
Webster 3
Byrnes 3
Butler 3
Paton 2
Wanganeen-Milera 2
-
Long 1
King 1
Sharman 0

Thank you scaryness .
While we all love to express our opinions after each game, your fact-based assessments provide much food for thought each week. Certainly a lot more so than clowns that do little more than dismiss the insights of others, while offering zero substance to support their own “superior” knowledge.

SuperMal

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
LEEDS F’jh#$@G UNITED
Thank you scaryness .
While we all love to express our opinions after each game, your fact-based assessments provide much food for thought each week. Certainly a lot more so than clowns that do little more than dismiss the insights of others, while offering zero substance to support their own “superior” knowledge.
No.....you’re saying there are people on here that have enormous opinions ....of their own opinions? Can’t believe it....😆

Back