Autopsy Swans tarnish Saints Halo by 51 points

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Ratten, feel bad for him, what makes players so lazy at St Kilda year after year

Their squad is rubbish. Honestly King and Milera-Wanganeen aside who are their stars? Billings teases so does Gresham. There’s the problem middle of the road side and that’s a huge problem as they aren’t bad enough to come bottom 4 and aren’t good enough to win. They are in no man’s land

Really good team effort. Fox proved a point that he never should have been dropped in the first place.

Clarke played his role brilliantly, someone like Hind he would do well to hold next week who has done a bit against us previously.

Stephens best game for us by a long way.

Lloyd best game for a long time and responded.

Agree with what others have said previously, if there’s any changes it’ll be JMac in for Campbell.

Our structure is working with Reid as the second ruck, and McDonald is working extremely hard, there’s no need to tinker with that.

Really good team effort. Fox proved a point that he never should have been dropped in the first place.

Clarke played his role brilliantly, someone like Hind he would do well to hold next week who has done a bit against us previously.

Stephens best game for us by a long way.

Lloyd best game for a long time and responded.

Agree with what others have said previously, if there’s any changes it’ll be JMac in for Campbell.

Our structure is working with Reid as the second ruck, and McDonald is working extremely hard, there’s no need to tinker with that.

Agree on Clarke playing on Hind.

Their squad is rubbish. Honestly King and Milera-Wanganeen aside who are their stars? Billings teases so does Gresham. There’s the problem middle of the road side and that’s a huge problem as they aren’t bad enough to come bottom 4 and aren’t good enough to win. They are in no man’s land

King is lazy

I dont think Heeney will be the player we thought he would be.

Thats alright still a very solid contributor.
He’s not selfish, he seems to have a great workrate, but - and this will sound weird - he needs to offer more than brilliance to become a bonafide star.

A game where a lot of the so called "whipping boys" really demonstrated why the coaching staff have backed them in for so long.

Blakey - Early to mid days many members if this board had written him off. Was BOG tonight and will be in our top 3 in the Bnf this year.

Florent - Brilliant tonight in a natural role for himself, has really tidied his disposal up and is still wonderful in traffic.

Reid - Consistent run of games has allowed him to show his wares. Incredibly versatile and whilst he is not the best player in the league does his role more weeks than not (dare I say it, performing a similar role to LRT?).

Llyod - Tonight showed why he has won multiple best and fairest, provides an outlet and tends to find space.

Stephens - Was wonderful, has obviously regained some confidence in the reserves and really backed himself in. Was crucial for us in the first half.

Clarke - Has obviously gone back and worked on his disposal under pressure, a strong example of why you need to reward reserves form.

Last edited:
He’s not selfish, he seems to have a great workrate, but - and this will sound weird - he needs to offer more than brilliance to become a bonafide star.
Still on track for a 40 goal season. Possibly 50 if he stays forward full time

I feel and sound like a broken record here..but he needs a set role. Play him as a FWD, forget the midfield rubbish.

A game where a lot of the so called "whipping boys" really demonstrated why the coaching staff have backed them in for so long.

Blakey - Early to mid days many members if this board had written him off. Was BOG tonight and will be in our top 3 in the Bnf this year.

Florent - Brilliant tonight in a natural role for himself, has really tidied his disposal up and is still wonderful in traffic.

Reid - Consistent run of games has allowed him to show his wares. Incredibly versatile and whilst he is not the best player in the league does his role more weeks than not (dare I say it, performing a similar role to LRT?).

Llyod - Tonight showed why he has won multiple best and fairest, provides an outlet and tends to find space.

Stephens - Was wonderful, has obviously regained some confidence in the reserves and really backed himself in. Was crucial for us in the first half.

Clarke - Has obviously gone back and worked on his pressure, a strong example of why you need to reward reserves form.

I'd also throw Rampe in who lets be honest was pantsed last week. He was a LOT better this week, more the Rampe of old.

Clarke - Has obviously gone back and worked on his pressure, a strong example of why you need to reward reserves form.
Really well said.

The six you’ve mentioned have all been flayed in here at times, but could all readily be listed in our bests tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really well said.

The six you’ve mentioned have all been flayed in here at times, but could all readily be listed in our bests tonight.

Good luck with the Brownlow votes that's all I'll say. Blakey and Florent are probably two.

Great performance from the boys. Very even performance but the effort was there from the beginning. We just kept pressuring until we could break it open. Easily our best defensive effort all season as well. Back 6 looked very solid, no way Cunningham gets into that group.

Stephens and Fox most impressive. Both were late ins and both were close to our best.

Great performance from the boys. Very even performance but the effort was there from the beginning. We just kept pressuring until we could break it open. Easily our best defensive effort all season as well. Back 6 looked very solid, no way Cunningham gets into that group.

Stephens and Fox most impressive. Both were late ins and both were close to our best.

Agree, both were sensational, been waiting for Stephens to put it together.

Whilst not the perfect game

Easily the best four quarter effort this year IMO

From my vantage point constantly going in numbers to chop out and heap the pressure in that next disposal.

Reidy had another good game. Until the guys putting pressure on his spot can bring the same defensive pressure he does then he’s a lock.

Based on how we are as a side at the moment, does JPK get another game in the side if back before the end of season?

Farewell game yes. However it has to be the right thing by the team. We'd have to rest a mid, maybe Warner or Rowbottom rests.

Tonight reminded me a bit of a Roos-era Swans performance - not pretty at times, but everyone played their role. You love those games as a coach.

Maybe they read the game review that Jude posted on Twitter??

Very happy Stephens went well.

Based on how we are as a side at the moment, does JPK get another game in the side if back before the end of season?
Super Sub

Steele? I mean he’d he our best mid. Marshall is a star, Howard a gun. I think you’re being a bit one eyed.

Great club shuffle with many of staff and coaches out
Charlie Gardiner - runner
Tom Harley - Bench Coach
Kennedy - Stoppage Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back