Autopsy Swans tarnish Saints Halo by 51 points

Remove this Banner Ad

saints are junk

but we had intensity all game and it paid off in the end

odd first half, clarke and other usual ordinary players were good, which was crucial as it was not left to a few to do it all

just reward players in form

I think blakey was outstanding

stephens something to build on

buddy 1 goal but robbed of a few and was our best to half time

oh Stephens good game

mcdonald sometimes i think its worth a run in the twos, but think he does his job? buddy pointed out his work in the post match

Kicks those two goals and he'd be our best forward. He'd kick both more than he'll miss. He was fine provided a good option and brought the smalls into play.

Much better performance than last week and a nice bounce back

Clarke did a great job as a defensive forward. 2 goals and 2 sweet handpasses that lead to goals. Have him in over Wicks next week

Loved Fox's work. Much better than Cunningham or COR. Well done

Stephens' best game for us as well.

Loved Florent and Blakey. Amazing rebound

McDonald robbed of 1 and missed 1 sitter. Maybe a spell given Amartey's recent form?

Hickey is more consistent and solid than Ladhams has a better ceiling. Hickey's spot to lose

Thought Heeney was poor but still kicked 3

Good win, could have won by more.

Blakey, Ollie and the McCartin's + Rampe great. Lloyd much improved. Stephens and Clarke done enough to get another crack.

Forward entries still need some work.

Did what we needed to do. Need to follow up next week against the Peptide People.

Saints are a ******* joke of a club and should fold so Tassie can come in without diluting the talent pool in the league.

Much better performance than last week and a nice bounce back

Clarke did a great job as a defensive forward. 2 goals and 2 sweet handpasses that lead to goals. Have him in over Wicks next week

Loved Fox's work. Much better than Cunningham or COR. Well done

Stephens' best game for us as well.

Loved Florent and Blakey. Amazing rebound

McDonald robbed of 1 and missed 1 sitter. Maybe a spell given Amartey's recent form?

Hickey is more consistent and solid than Ladhams has a better ceiling. Hickey's spot to lose

Thought Heeney was poor but still kicked 3

yeah heeney was average imo not poor, but still kicked 3 I agree, i think thats good, his base level is more consistent

1. We need to get the team selection right going forward. Fox has to play and even if it means leaving Cunningham out who has been awful this season.
2, Stephens that's his breakout game
3. Much better forward structure Bud playing higher helped needs to do this every single week.
4. Florent and Blakey outstanding off the HB line

I have to say it - Jake Lloyd played the game of his life tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d have Horse in our bests.

Putting Clarke on Sinclair was genius & screwed the Saints.

Playing Bud high too, it took Howard out of d50. Whether Bud physically can play high every week I don't know

Fox was very good Lloyd as well. Midfield stopped the ball coming in quickly. Ugly game with a lot of stoppages more like 2005 era but good pressure and kept it up all game. Clarke should stay in after that effort plus Fox , think Stephens could be the unlucky one out although he had a decent game.
Really good to see us fight for four quarters and grind out a win. Think Saints are better than what they put out there tonight but credit to the Swans for strangling them and not giving them a sniff.

Fox was very good Lloyd as well. Midfield stopped the ball coming in quickly. Ugly game with a lot of stoppages more like 2005 era but good pressure and kept it up all game. Clarke should stay in after that effort plus Fox , think Stephens could be the unlucky one out although he had a decent game.
Really good to see us fight for four quarters and grind out a win. Think Saints are better than what they put out there tonight but credit to the Swans for strangling them and not giving them a sniff.

Can't agree with Stephens going out, the two that went out shouldn't be in next week. I rate Jmac massively but he's had an average month.

sounds dumb but when we win votes are hard

we have a great spread

when we lose it's because there's like 5 good players ,

I guess that's normal, but our best does include sharing the load a lot is my point

Great response, the defence in our defensive half was outstanding, its what won us the game and give us the lead at half time. 3rd quarter and the goals started to pile on, showing that our defensive set up was coming to fruition. Knew St Kilda were in strife with Ryder out. Hes their barometer in their side and they were hopeless inside 50, literally all there was, was Sharman and king going up for it. Back 6 looked calm and composed, didn't panic once.

Lloyd and Florent with season best games, continue to prove my point on why they should stay where they are. All we had to do was breakeven in the contest and midfield and also bring the pressure and we sure did that.

Overall really just a professional win, executed with class and composure. Knew we would smash it. Still shocked really on how poor St Kilda were, diabolical.

Anyways great win, gotta cherish these wins and a fat % booster, lets now start to ramp it up in the next month.

EDIT: Fox was sensational, still baffles me on how he got dropped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back