Game Day Swans v Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First half our game held up fairly well, our ball movement was well directed and other than the first quarter where we initially didnt adapt to the conditions I think we still had control just failed to convert. Bombers were pretty good and took their chances when they got them.

Second half was a different matter and a grind like a 2019 game. In the end it was the efforts of individuals that got us home. Like those of Sam Reid, Mills, Florent, Jmac, Gulden etc. Generally not the way you want to win, you want to win as a result of systems.

We were very lucky but we'll take the points.

Heeney breaking his hand hurts, I dont want to dogpile on Bell, probably a decent person and very hardworking kid but honestly it's kind of sad just how obviously off the pace he is at AFL level.

First half our game held up fairly well, our ball movement was well directed and other than the first quarter where we initially didnt adapt to the conditions I think we still had control just failed to convert. Bombers were pretty good and took their chances when they got them.

Second half was a different matter and a grind like a 2019 game. In the end it was the efforts of individuals that got us home. Like those of Sam Reid, Mills, Florent, Jmac, Gulden etc. Generally not the way you want to win, you want to win as a result of systems.

We were very lucky but we'll take the points.

Heeney breaking his hand hurts, I dont want to dogpile on Bell, probably a decent person and very hardworking kid but honestly it's kind of sad just how obviously off the pace he is at AFL level.

We won by a couple of points. Bell was instrumental in a goal.

Yep. Reid was actually one of the few senior players who really played well today.

Reid, Mills, Buddy played well.

Kennedy, Lloyd, Cunningham were useless.

I thought Kennedy played a big role in the second quarter when the Bombers were running away with it. We were flat out losing it at the coal face and you could see the panic in the younger players. I don't expect him to dominate the game like he used to but he is certainly capable of steering the ship when the opportunity arises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back